HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Why not Kilger as our 3rd line center? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=50862)

jcpenny 02-09-2004 05:51 PM

Why not Kilger as our 3rd line center?

I know some people will hate that idea but i think that we should stop looking for that 3rd line center and start relying on Kilger. When Juneau was injured, i thought i did a really good job and he would be perfect for the job. With his strength, size and speed he could handle Thornton, Sundin, Primeau,Yashin, Bonk and the other centers in the East. I really think that this guy has been mishandle by the coaching staff. I mean the guy plays one game, sits 2 and then plays 3 to sit out the next four. I really think that if he was given 3 predefined job such as the 3rd line center job, he finally be a player that could be useful for the team.

Don't talk to me about his lack of intensity because he plays with heart IMO. He's just not the Steve Begin or Keith Primeau type of player that everyone want him to be. We just hav to start messing with his head and as an athlete myself, i know its not an easy situation. I could see him on a Bulis-Kilger-Ward line in the playoffs just creating havoc. As for that right handed center, Ward is taking some draws during games and i seen win his share so they could share the work. Call me crazy but this is my opinion. Juneau,Dackell,Sundstrom= expandable

LPHabsFan 02-09-2004 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcpenny
I know some people will hate that idea but i think that we should stop looking for that 3rd line center and start relying on Kilger. When Juneau was injured, i thought i did a really good job and he would be perfect for the job. With his strength, size and speed he could handle Thornton, Sundin, Primeau,Yashin, Bonk and the other centers in the East. I really think that this guy has been mishandle by the coaching staff. I mean the guy plays one game, sits 2 and then plays 3 to sit out the next four. I really think that if he was given 3 predefined job such as the 3rd line center job, he finally be a player that could be useful for the team.

Don't talk to me about his lack of intensity because he plays with heart IMO. He's just not the Steve Begin or Keith Primeau type of player that everyone want him to be. We just hav to start messing with his head and as an athlete myself, i know its not an easy situation. I could see him on a Bulis-Kilger-Ward line in the playoffs just creating havoc. As for that right handed center, Ward is taking some draws during games and i seen win his share so they could share the work. Call me crazy but this is my opinion. Juneau,Dackell,Sundstrom= expandable

One word. Consistency. Its very simple. He was given a fair shot at the beginning of the year after his eye injury to grab the job and he couldnt. You might argue about the injury and thats fair. But, he has been given MANY chances over his entire career in montreal to be more than a 4th liner and he hasnt done it. Theres only so many chances we can give the guy.

He was drafted 4th overall in the draft and I, along with everyone else on this board, would love him to be a regular 3rd liner or even better but he hasnt been able to to the job on a regular basis so far and nothing indicates he CAN do it.

goalchenyuk 02-09-2004 06:06 PM

Quote:

why not Tiger Wood ? he's tall and know how to use a stick ; Ok , may be he doesn't have hockey sens , but kilger neither...

jcpenny 02-09-2004 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LPHabsFan
One word. Consistency. Its very simple. He was given a fair shot at the beginning of the year after his eye injury to grab the job and he couldnt. You might argue about the injury and thats fair. But, he has been given MANY chances over his entire career in montreal to be more than a 4th liner and he hasnt done it. Theres only so many chances we can give the guy.

He was drafted 4th overall in the draft and I, along with everyone else on this board, would love him to be a regular 3rd liner or even better but he hasnt been able to to the job on a regular basis so far and nothing indicates he CAN do it.

He was doing great when sundstrom was injured and they took him out right after his come back for no reason.

RE-HABS 02-09-2004 06:22 PM

Kilger really would have a hard time being the 3rd line centre in Hamilton.
Not trying to be sarcastic, but he has ran out of his number of chances in Montreal. BG gave him a chance, he didn't take advantage of it.

Begin is a good 3rd line centre in place of Juneau.

Munchausen 02-09-2004 06:37 PM

I'm guessing Begin is above Kilger in the depth chart at this point. He is likely to get the job if Juneau goes down. And next year, there'll be both Plekanec and Higgins hungry for a job with the big club so IMO, Kilger's just done in Mtl. He might end up finnishing his contract as a reserve forward and walk away after (if there's hockey next year). Kilger doesn't have any understanding of the game. He's the opposite of Ward in the sense that he posseses all the individual skills you would want from a forward (speed, size, shot) but doesn't know how to use them because he doesn't understand the game. He doesn't know what to do and when to do it on the ice, hence the inconsistency. He's a filler at this point and with all the talent in the system, I'm sure BG looks at Kilger as AHL material right now.

VAN-HAB 02-09-2004 06:42 PM

Quote:

He's just not the Steve Begin or Keith Primeau type of player that everyone want him to be.

You said it yourself...don't need him unless he changes 180

goalchenyuk 02-09-2004 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Kilger really would have a hard time being the 3rd line centre in Hamilton.Not trying to be sarcastic, but he has ran out of his number of chances in Montreal. BG gave him a chance, he didn't take advantage of it.

Begin is a good 3rd line centre in place of Juneau.

Plekanec , is that you ? you have another name ? :D

RE-HABS 02-09-2004 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v
Plekanec , is that you ? you have another name ? :D

As soon as I was typing it I thought the same thing. :joker:
But really, Gratton, Plekanec and Higgins are better already (Gratton actually pretty close in age, but I would rather see him in for 82 games over a season than Kilger).

Natural Habs Fan 02-09-2004 07:02 PM

LPHabsfan hit in on the head. He's not consistent and doesn't play like a 6 foot plus 200 pounder...

deandebean 02-09-2004 08:25 PM

Quote:

He was doing great when sundstrom was injured and they took him out right after his come back for no reason.

You must be his brother to write that... Kilger is a lazy bum. He's done here. The only reason why he's still here, besides the fact that nobody in the NHL wants him, is because he lays low when asked. He's a wuss. He's happy playing second fiddle, which says alot about his character.