HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Dallas seeking puck moving Dman...TSN (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=50878)

RE-HABS 02-09-2004 05:52 PM

Dallas seeking puck moving Dman...TSN
 
According to the latest "Trade Rankings" for TSN, they are stating that Dallas looks to be buyers and may want a puck moving Dman. I find it surpising especially because Zubov, Boucher and Teppo are there, but since the loss of Hatcher and Sydor it has seemed to affected the team.

With BG having tight ties to the Stars would one think he may dangle Brisebois who's trade value hasn't been higher in years past as it is now with his great overall play?

BG may have a potential package to offer the Stars for that Big Rugged Centreman we desparately need (insert Arnott's name here once again). BG gets the guy he needs to give us a solid 3 man centre position, 4 if you think about it with Begin being a pleasant surprise.

My proposal:

Brisebois
Hossa (need to offer futures)
and
Perreault (need to give them a centre in return, plus he is a UFA making it easier to swallow taking him on...and his faceoff ability would be a positive there too).

for

Arnott

Habs don't need more in return, they dump salary, rid themselves of older players and can sacrafice trading a Hossa with our depth in the system. Perreault can be taken out and replaced by another or maybe Montreal covers his salary for the remaineder of the season or picks up some of Breezys???

Sure Gonchar is available, but I think teams like Toronto will over pay for him and Dallas doesn't want to trade a Morrow for him.

Thoughts? Your trade proposal???

Natural Habs Fan 02-09-2004 06:11 PM

Brisebois wont waive his no-trade clause & frankly, I'd like to reward him for his good play this year. He deserves to be here.

RE-HABS 02-09-2004 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
Brisebois wont waive his no-trade clause & frankly, I'd like to reward him for his good play this year. He deserves to be here.

I would love to keep him too, but one would think it would make us better and stronger at centre and at forward overall.

Is Brisebois no-trade in its final year? I know it was for the first 2 years only.

BLONG7 02-09-2004 06:27 PM

I don't see BG trading him now. As we have seen, when he is used properly he can get the job done! (Just try to forget about the 4 Mil contract) That always kinda kills it!

RE-HABS 02-09-2004 06:30 PM

Would you guys offer anything else???
Hainsey...more of a future QB than a solution right now.

RE-HABS 02-09-2004 06:31 PM

Would you guys offer anything else???
Hainsey or (gulp) Markov...more of a future QB than a solution right now, Hainsey that is.

Habsaku 02-09-2004 06:55 PM

I would not be sad at all to see either Rivet or Brisebois go, I believe our whole right side is pretty easy to replace with smart signings(exemple Dallas with Phillippe Boucher whom I wanted very much). If it can get us a good forward then go for it.

Wildcat 02-09-2004 08:10 PM

I'd be really surprised to see Brisebois waive his NTC. If he was going to be traded it would definitely be in the off-season, however how much action can you see happening if there's going to be a lock-out..

jacklours 02-09-2004 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
According to the latest "Trade Rankings" for TSN, they are stating that Dallas looks to be buyers and may want a puck moving Dman. I find it surpising especially because Zubov, Boucher and Teppo are there, but since the loss of Hatcher and Sydor it has seemed to affected the team.

With BG having tight ties to the Stars would one think he may dangle Brisebois who's trade value hasn't been higher in years past as it is now with his great overall play?

BG may have a potential package to offer the Stars for that Big Rugged Centreman we desparately need (insert Arnott's name here once again). BG gets the guy he needs to give us a solid 3 man centre position, 4 if you think about it with Begin being a pleasant surprise.

My proposal:

Brisebois
Hossa (need to offer futures)
and
Perreault (need to give them a centre in return, plus he is a UFA making it easier to swallow taking him on...and his faceoff ability would be a positive there too).

for

Arnott

Habs don't need more in return, they dump salary, rid themselves of older players and can sacrafice trading a Hossa with our depth in the system. Perreault can be taken out and replaced by another or maybe Montreal covers his salary for the remaineder of the season or picks up some of Breezys???

Sure Gonchar is available, but I think teams like Toronto will over pay for him and Dallas doesn't want to trade a Morrow for him.

Thoughts? Your trade proposal???

I wouldn't do that, I believe Arnott best year are behind him and he's overrated

4shelley4 02-09-2004 09:24 PM

hi
 
And if we ship Rivet off, we'll probably see Saku wanting to be traded somewhere...

Riggins 02-09-2004 09:40 PM

Ask yourself why Dallas would do that

RE-HABS 02-09-2004 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zednik20
Ask yourself why Dallas would do that

9 million to Guerin, signing Audette, Turgeon, trading of Sydor, not offering Hatcher a contract...should I go on? :dunno:

Audette and Turgeon are BG, but the others aren't.

The reason I bring up Brisebois is because TSN stated that the Stars need a puck moving Dman and I don't think they are in the Gonchar sweepstakes because the Caps want youth and low salary in return.

Darz 02-10-2004 08:48 AM

You bring up an interesting senario RE-HABS.....with the habs, although doing well this year, still in somewhat of, if not a rebuilding program definately a lets get younger program, if the Stars were looking at a player like Brisebois, I would imagine that Gainey would be definately listening, although unless they made a pretty good offer, I still believe Gainey will basically keep the here and now team for the playoffs.

GhostOfTheForum 02-10-2004 11:24 AM

Boulion and Perrault and whatever else it takes

Brisebois should stay a Hab

obcd1 02-10-2004 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4shelley4
And if we ship Rivet off, we'll probably see Saku wanting to be traded somewhere...

no sence at all, Savage was traded and Koivu didn't ask that

Loup 02-10-2004 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
Brisebois wont waive his no-trade clause & frankly, I'd like to reward him for his good play this year. He deserves to be here.

I agree. Trading him or Quintal, after having heard both saying they wanted to finish teir careers in Montreal would be a little unclassy.

leafaholix* 02-10-2004 03:07 PM

lol, BG's going to "dangle" Brisebois?

:lol:

Guy Caballero 02-10-2004 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
lol, BG's going to "dangle" Brisebois?

:lol:

Yeah, maybe one day your namesake will accomplish one tenth of what Brisebois has in the NHL. Maybe. :lol:

Cariboux 02-10-2004 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4shelley4
And if we ship Rivet off, we'll probably see Saku wanting to be traded somewhere...

I don't see Saku do this, because he would lost respect for a lot of fans and he's the captain so it would be very weird to ask a trade because of Rivet...

leafaholix* 02-10-2004 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Yeah, maybe one day your namesake will accomplish one tenth of what Brisebois has in the NHL. Maybe. :lol:

He's got time.

Rather Gingerly 1* 02-10-2004 06:05 PM

I would offer Markov and Perrualt for Arnott

rudethedude66 02-10-2004 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
Brisebois wont waive his no-trade clause & frankly, I'd like to reward him for his good play this year. He deserves to be here.

Reward him?hes been overcompensated for his whole career...imo he owes us ...so waive that damn clause breeze- by

leafaholix* 02-11-2004 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
I would offer Markov and Perrualt for Arnott

Why?

Markov has much more value then Arnott.

Darz 02-11-2004 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go pierre hedin
He's got time.

Considering he is already 26 years old and done nothing, I don't think he's got much left.

leafaholix* 02-11-2004 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Considering he is already 26 years old and done nothing, I don't think he's got much left.

He's done as much as Souray in his hockey career prior to this season.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.