HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Planet USA Canada on Sportsnet today (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=50899)

VAN-HAB 02-09-2004 07:30 PM

Planet USA Canada on Sportsnet today

4- 2 Canada on the 2nd, Balej playing an amazing game.

penopekoo 02-09-2004 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
4- 2 Canada on the 2nd, Balej playing an amazing game.

He's been trying to be too fancy. He probably could have scored twice if he didn't go try to place baseball with the puck! With that said, he certainly looks confident and good out there - but his defense needs some work (though since it's an all-star game, this is excusable), his line's been scored on 2 (or 3?) times...

Wildcat 02-09-2004 08:02 PM

Cherry would be rolling in the ACC if he was watching Balej’s “hot doggin’”

First Balej tries to flip the puck over a standing goalie to his teammate coming to the net on the other side of the goalie, but the guy shot it wide off the heel of his stick. The play-by-play guy thought that he was going to flip it up and bat it in himself. Then, almost as if he heard him, Balej on a breakaway flips the puck up in the air and tries to bat it in, unfourtunately the goalie made the save.

It's an all-star game so he can get away with it. Just don't try it in the NHL. :D

VAN-HAB 02-09-2004 08:07 PM

7-3 Canada 3rd period

NWT Habs Fan 02-09-2004 10:59 PM

Benoit Gratton adds to his skill competition victory (accuracy) with a good performance and 1g 2a 3pts in the All star game. Balej and Pleks dipsy doodle to no avail, end up pointless and an impressive -5 each for the night!!

Joe Cole 02-10-2004 11:04 AM

Just saw the highlights on TSN.... Balej....will this be a deteriment to him short term....time will tell. Honestly, the pass in front of the net was nice, but the breakaway was just awful.

I am all for creativity.... but that move sucked.

I hope this is not will define his career.

BTW, TSN said "creative, but he can't finish."

VAN-HAB 02-10-2004 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Cole
Just saw the highlights on TSN.... Balej....will this be a deteriment to him short term....time will tell. Honestly, the pass in front of the net was nice, but the breakaway was just awful.

Balej is still young and still learning. He played for the fans that's what he said during the game when he was he interviewed....and yes let him be creative it's part of his development

All-Star 02-10-2004 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Cole

It was only an All-Star game... If he started trying fancy stuff like that in real games, I'd be worried...

Joe Cole 02-10-2004 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-Star
It was only an All-Star game... If he started trying fancy stuff like that in real games, I'd be worried...

Cool :)