HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Dadonov to skate in Florida's training camp (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=509077)

Alessandro Seren Rosso 04-22-2008 05:34 AM

Dadonov to skate in Florida's training camp
 
As Evgeni himself declared here:

http://www.allhockey.ru/news/28126/22-04-2008/

Discuss

hoax15 04-22-2008 07:00 AM

I'm excited. I REALLY hope he does well and shows improvement because when we got him I thought it was a steal.

**Edit: Its a crappy translation but unless someone knows russian heres what free-translation says:

Quote:

The leading forward of youth modular Russia the 19-years player of Chelyabinsk "Tractor" Evgenie Dadonov in inter-season period will go to training camp of club of NHL " Florida ".

" Now at me the operating contract with the Chelyabinsk command " the Tractor " and to leave it I do not gather. Though I shall by all means go to " Florida " in the summer. It will be interesting to try the forces behind ocean, to pass training-кемп together with a command of NHL ", - the newspaper " Sports day after day " gives of word Дадонова.

Acadmus 04-22-2008 07:28 AM

I'm going to take a stab at translating the meaning of the translation - I can't even access the website (cannot find server message):

Top forward for Chelyabinsk Traktor, 19 year old Evgeni Dadonov, will attend training camp for the Florida Panthers this offseason.

"I'm under contract with Traktor so I don't know what I'd have to do to leave, but I will definitely be at Florida's training camp. I'm looking forward to testing out the skill of players from across the ocean, to go to an NHL training camp."

The source is "Dadonova", so I'm guessing his mother (unless he married very young)? But then I don't know how they'd have a quote.

Alessandro Seren Rosso 04-22-2008 07:37 AM

Nononononono :D

Dadonov-a is genitive, it means words of Dadonov :)

Alessandro Seren Rosso 04-22-2008 07:47 AM

Leader forward of Russian national junior team, 19 years old Evgeni Dadonov, player of Traktor Chelyabinsk, in the inter-season will go to training camp of NHL team "Florida".

"Now I have an operating contract with the Chelyabinsk team "Traktor", and I'm not going to go away. Though this summer i will certainly go to Florida. It will be interesting to try my forces there, and to spend the training camp with an NHL team" - reports words by Dadonov the journal "Sport day after day"

Bure1096 04-22-2008 07:51 AM

what are his projections? what can we expect out of him this year?

Acadmus 04-22-2008 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alessandro (Post 13799235)
Leader forward of Russian national junior team, 19 years old Evgeni Dadonov, player of Traktor Chelyabinsk, in the inter-season will go to training camp of NHL team "Florida".

"Now I have an operating contract with the Chelyabinsk team "Traktor", and I'm not going to go away. Though this summer i will certainly go to Florida. It will be interesting to try my forces there, and to spend the training camp with an NHL team" - reports words by Dadonov the journal "Sport day after day"

Thanks - nearly 9 years married to a Russian woman and I still haven't picked up much from her:D

Alessandro Seren Rosso 04-22-2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bure1096 (Post 13799255)
what are his projections? what can we expect out of him this year?

He said he will try the training camp - nothing more

Alessandro Seren Rosso 04-22-2008 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acadmus (Post 13799275)
Thanks - nearly 9 years married to a Russian woman and I still haven't picked up much from her:D

U must have picked tons in other fronts :yo: ;)

Bure1096 04-22-2008 08:16 AM

defensive-forward? what do the scouts tout him as? strong attributes? weak?

hoax15 04-22-2008 08:30 AM

He said "Now I have an operating contract with the Chelyabinsk team "Traktor", and I'm not going to go away."...does that mean he doesn't want to play in the NHL?

Alessandro Seren Rosso 04-22-2008 08:35 AM

It means that he isn't going to pull a Malkin and escape to America.

Alessandro Seren Rosso 04-22-2008 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bure1096 (Post 13799471)
defensive-forward? what do the scouts tout him as? strong attributes? weak?

http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...?player_id=615

Bure1096 04-22-2008 08:45 AM

so i'm thinking possibly a 3rd line winger, kind of sounds like Booth.

VirtualSpree 04-22-2008 08:50 AM

How long is he signed with Traktor?

Garl 04-22-2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bure1096 (Post 13799759)
so i'm thinking possibly a 3rd line winger, kind of sounds like Booth.

He is very very small like 5'8 5'9 at best. So no Booth that's for sure, and he isn't a defensive player at all. Basically, he's a a fast skilled and very small forward.

And yes, he's far from NHL ready in my opinion.

Clint 04-22-2008 10:20 AM

Like I said, I think we have found a diamond in the rough in Dadonov. Smallish in stature, it seems like it hasn't stopped his scoring production in the RSL where he's putting up very respectable numbers for a 19 year old. According to scouting reports, it also seems like his small size doesn't stop him from going into the corners and mucking it up on a regular basis. Nice.

I really hope he makes an impact in a few years. It'd be great to add ANOTHER name to the list of the young forward core of the future. Weiss, Horton, Booth, Olesz, Stewart, McArdle, Kreps, Frolik, Repik, Matthias, AND Dadanov.

Could it be possible that we have 11 of our 12 forwards of the future already? How cool would that be. Talk about developing via the draft and growing from within. Only Matthias wasn't drafted by the Panthers. And if you add Campbell, that's an entire forward corps.

Booth Weiss Horton
Olesz Matthias Frolik
Dadanov Kreps Repik
McArdle Campbell Stewart

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but are these the lines of the future?

Bure1096 04-22-2008 10:22 AM

kid has some good puck handling skills from what video i've seen from him this morning. He does need bulk and I don't see the comparisions to Datsyuk.

Bure1096 04-22-2008 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clint (Post 13800977)
Like I said, I think we have found a diamond in the rough in Dadonov. Smallish in stature, it seems like it hasn't stopped his scoring production in the RSL where he's putting up very respectable numbers for a 19 year old. According to scouting reports, it also seems like his small size doesn't stop him from going into the corners and mucking it up on a regular basis. Nice.

I really hope he makes an impact in a few years. It'd be great to add ANOTHER name to the list of the young forward core of the future. Weiss, Horton, Booth, Olesz, Stewart, McArdle, Kreps, Frolik, Repik, Matthias, AND Dadanov.

Could it be possible that we have 11 of our 12 forwards of the future already? How cool would that be. Talk about developing via the draft and growing from within. Only Matthias wasn't drafted by the Panthers. And if you add Campbell, that's an entire forward corps.

Booth Weiss Horton
Olesz Matthias Frolik
Dadanov Kreps Repik
McArdle Campbell Stewart

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but are these the lines of the future?

If they all pan out close to what they should be, that team will be lethal. I just wonder if they will stick around. I have a feeling 1 or 2 of our top guys will be traded in the next 2 years to get us over the hump.

Clint 04-22-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bure1096 (Post 13801074)
If they all pan out close to what they should be, that team will be lethal. I just wonder if they will stick around. I have a feeling 1 or 2 of our top guys will be traded in the next 2 years to get us over the hump.

I don't think so. Martin seems to be very patient in letting drafted talent develop. And there really seems to be no reason to trade our young talent when we can be gotten over the hump with just one or two smart UFA signings.

My God, I just realized I've been saying that for years. How freaking hard is it for this organization to sign an impact player in UFA? Has it EVER happened?

Rattrick 04-22-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clint (Post 13802265)
My God, I just realized I've been saying that for years. How freaking hard is it for this organization to sign an impact player in UFA? Has it EVER happened?

Yup, Ruslan Salei! :laugh:

Sadly, he is our biggest signing ever I believe.

Clint 04-22-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattrick (Post 13802421)
Yup, Ruslan Salei! :laugh:

Sadly, he is our biggest signing ever I believe.

Well, he did have one good year for us. :(

OneOfTheHockeyGods* 04-22-2008 12:10 PM

I doubt we sign anyone significant this off season. With this kid and others we have a surprisingly good amount of POTENTIAL talent in the lineup down the road. Since we do have a lot I think we should give Malkin an offer sheet(the max possible) next summer if he isn't signed since we will be able to afford losing all those picks. I think our year to have a really good team is going to be the 2009-2010 season. Next year's UFA crop is what we should be saving our money for unless we can sign Hossa, which is highly unlikely. This is why you don't throw away third round picks; drafts are so important in the salary cap era. Being able to draft gives you so much more flexibility when you need to sign a UFA or make a trade.

pb1300 04-22-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods (Post 13802714)
I doubt we sign anyone significant this off season. With this kid and others we have a surprisingly good amount of POTENTIAL talent in the lineup down the road. Since we do have a lot I think we should give Malkin an offer sheet(the max possible) next summer if he isn't signed since we will be able to afford losing all those picks. I think our year to have a really good team is going to be the 2009-2010 season. Next year's UFA crop is what we should be saving our money for unless we can sign Hossa, which is highly unlikely. This is why you don't throw away third round picks; drafts are so important in the salary cap era. Being able to draft gives you so much more flexibility when you need to sign a UFA or make a trade.

Id be willing to give up those first round picks for Malkin. To have Malkin, along with Frolik, Matthias, Nate, Weiss, Booth, Olesz, and Repik, that gives us three talented scoring lines. The problem with giving Malkin $10 million/year, do we have the funds to keep this youth together? It would be amazing though if that did happen.

RCGP 04-22-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods (Post 13802714)
I doubt we sign anyone significant this off season. With this kid and others we have a surprisingly good amount of POTENTIAL talent in the lineup down the road. Since we do have a lot I think we should give Malkin an offer sheet(the max possible) next summer if he isn't signed since we will be able to afford losing all those picks. I think our year to have a really good team is going to be the 2009-2010 season. Next year's UFA crop is what we should be saving our money for unless we can sign Hossa, which is highly unlikely. This is why you don't throw away third round picks; drafts are so important in the salary cap era. Being able to draft gives you so much more flexibility when you need to sign a UFA or make a trade.

29 other teams will be giving him an offersheet too though if they can afford it. We won't be the only suitors.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.