HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ottawa-Anaheim Proposals (merged) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=50922)

Randall Graves* 02-09-2004 01:51 AM

Ottawa/Anaheim Proposal

With the sens possibly looking for a goaltender with Lalime continuing to struggle I think they could be interested in Martin Gerber so..

To Ott:
Martin Gerber

To Anaheim:
Todd White

Obviously things would need to be added on both sides,but Gerber continues to play well behind a poor defense and I think this would really help Ottawa.Gerber rarely gets phased when under pressure and I think adding White to the Ducks would help the team for the remainder of this season and in the future as well.

If not Gerber would Ottawa be interested in Jiggy?Obviously he's not having a good year like lalime but behind a good defense could return to form.

Flame Away :rolly:

V for Voodoo 02-09-2004 01:54 AM

Why is Gerber the answer? He has no playoff experience and there is no reason to believe he is better than Prusek.
This also leaves Ottawa with 3 goaltenders. I think this one will have to be thought through a bit more.

Randall Graves* 02-09-2004 02:09 AM

Playoff experiance is overrated..case and point last season Roloson,Fernandez,Giguere,Turco come to mind.

Who else is there that fits into Ottawas budget that would be an upgrade over Lalime? Gerber was the best statistical goalie of 2003 and is currently the only reason the Ducks stay in games.

V for Voodoo 02-09-2004 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyKiller
Who else is there that fits into Ottawas budget that would be an upgrade over Lalime?

Prusek.

sandman08 02-09-2004 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
Prusek.

emery

EverythingSens 02-09-2004 09:10 AM

both prusek and emery should be NHL ready as valid starters next year.. even though lalime is streaky, I'm not sure that prusek could outduel him while he is in one of those streaks..(anyone remember the playoff series against the flyers in '01?... 0.38 GAA, .979 save %).. either way emery will probably be the starter come the 05-06 season, no matter how the CBA comes out...

TBLightning04 02-09-2004 05:27 PM

Overpayment by OTT

NJ_Devil_Boy 02-09-2004 05:42 PM

Quote:

Playoff experiance is overrated..case and point last season Roloson,Fernandez,Giguere,Turco come to mind.

Point noted, but are you trying to win the Cup or just happy to be there? :dunno:
IMO, playoff experience is not overrated.

Bandwagoner 02-09-2004 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ_Devil_Boy
Point noted, but are you trying to win the Cup or just happy to be there? :dunno:
IMO, playoff experience is not overrated.

Totally agree, the Devils are a great example. I mean Giggy, Roloson, and Turco all had nice playoffs, but who ended up winning the cup... Brodeur. Though I do think it was more than Brodeur, playoff experience is not overrated. The fault is we give players more credit then they deserve.

The Fuhr* 02-09-2004 08:43 PM

Ottawa-Anaheim Proposal

To Anaheim: Volchenkov,White,1st round pick

To Ottawa: Rucchin,Vishnevski,Leclerc

NJ_Devil_Boy 02-09-2004 08:52 PM

I don't even want to touch this one....

McDonald19 02-09-2004 09:29 PM

no thanks.

first off...no need to trade young russian d-man for young russian d-man...

secondly...White is a nice player...but him and a late first round pick for our captain/second line center and our 2nd line power forward...wow thats brutal...

Spankatola Jamnuts* 02-09-2004 09:56 PM

What in the hell were you thinking? Seriously. What?

Randall Graves* 02-09-2004 10:32 PM

How about...

Vishnevski and Krog

For

Redden,Spezza and Havlat?

Gibsons Finest 02-09-2004 10:39 PM

Quote:

How about...

Vishnevski and Krog

For

Screw Havlat. I want Hossa! If you switch the two, we'll throw in the ever-so-coveted beanie of Fedorov as well.

nathan 02-09-2004 11:08 PM

Ouch. I'm not a Ducks fan, but even I know Rucchin is like the heart and soul of the Ducks (Kariya was just the face).

Spankatola Jamnuts* 02-10-2004 12:49 AM

That's right. We had a face transplant. Then, it was just a faceplant.

The Fuhr* 02-10-2004 06:56 AM

Alright I admit it. The proposal was in favour of the Sens. Rucchin and Leclerc are two of my favorite players and I was hopining their value wouldn't be so high.
This is my new proposal for them.

To Anaheim: Havlat,white

To Ottawa: Rucchin,Leclerc,2nd round pick

Other Dave 02-10-2004 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuhr86
To Anaheim: Havlat,white

To Ottawa: Rucchin,Leclerc,2nd round pick

While this trade may be more fair to Anaheim, I doubt the Sens will be moving any important roster players at this point, let alone two. The draft pick in particular isn't needed in Ottawa. Rucchin would be an able replacement for White, but his diametrically opposed skill set would have who knows what effect on the Alfreddson-line chemistry. And even assuming his knee is solid, Leclerc won't be able to replace Havlat's offensive capabilities.

Ottawa regretfully declines the offer of two able players.

Other Dave

sensfan18 02-10-2004 10:00 AM

The first one was terrible from a ducks perspective, the second one is equally bad from and Ottawa perspective.

sensfan18 02-10-2004 10:02 AM

Prusek is equally as good as Gerber, so why do this deal? I'd rather go with Prusek.

The Fuhr* 02-10-2004 10:08 AM

I guess I can't win :dunno:

Theridion 02-10-2004 12:12 PM

huge duck's fan here...

There are two players who make the ducks click... Steven Rucchin and Keith Carney. This team is nothing without those veterans.

I'm hoping the duck's play improves once Leclerc gets back. I don't mean to knock Feds and Prospal and Sykora, but they're really just skill guys... they tend to slack off if a play doesn't work out for them...

Leclerc is the aggressive winger with just-enough-skill to make an effective 2nd line.

So obviously, I'm against trading Ruch and Leclerc :)

But Gerber or Jiggy are up for grabs, if you can throw some defensemen our way. This team struggles because of its lack of skilled, solid defensemen... Ozo and havelid make mistakes, vish and salei haven't stepped up... carney and saur are a solid top 2... heck, carney is amazing... but they can't play 60 minutes a game, 82 games a season.

Theridion 02-10-2004 12:14 PM

Vishnevski and Krog

For

This is a joke right? If not, where do i sign?

McDonald19 02-10-2004 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theridion
huge duck's fan here...

But Gerber or Jiggy are up for grabs, if you can throw some defensemen our way. This team struggles because of its lack of skilled, solid defensemen... Ozo and havelid make mistakes, vish and salei haven't stepped up... carney and saur are a solid top 2... heck, carney is amazing... but they can't play 60 minutes a game, 82 games a season.

Jiggy is not up for grabs. Murray even denied the possiblity of trading him. Jiggy is having an off year after having an outstanding year..same as Theodore...

Ozolinsh has been injured, when he comes back teams will be calling about him. Havelid sucks. Vish has improved, Salei is solid. Carney is having an off year. Sauer simply sucks.