HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2nd Round Prediction/Bruins Comments (Sportsnet) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=509721)

Joe Malone 04-23-2008 12:06 PM

2nd Round Prediction/Bruins Comments (Sportsnet)
 
This Sportsnet writer is predicting the second round. Note his comments on the Bruins/Habs series......

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/blogs/david...und_of_upsets/

Montreal vs. Philadelphia

I'm shocked that it took the Canadiens seven games to knock off the AHL Bruins. It really shows you how hard it is to play against a trap style team that is trying to set the NHL back 15 years. On that note, it's good for the league to see teams like Boston, New Jersey and Minnesota out of the post season - they play the type of hockey nobody wants to see, and the reason new rules were introduced a couple of years ago. Regardless, I like Montreal to beat the Flyers, a team that shouldn't have advanced to the second round to begin with.

Canadiens in 6

deandebean 04-23-2008 12:09 PM

I think the guy had one series right during the 1st round. I wouldn't call that a credible prediction.

The one I'm waiting for is Maggie the turd-throwing monkey: she finished with a 5-3 record. Now, that's impressive for a turd-throwing monkey.

Seb 04-23-2008 12:11 PM

AHL Bruins?

I bet he didnt watch a single game of the series.

Habs 4 Life 04-23-2008 12:14 PM

He can't even probably name 3 bruin players

NHLcrazy 04-23-2008 12:15 PM

I do agree that for the NHL to attract more fans it's a good thing these 3 teams (maybe not minny) were eliminated...

But the Bruins were much better than a AHL team...come on

Guillemin 04-23-2008 12:15 PM

Never mind the fact that Habs/Bs, and Avs/Wild were probably two of the best series in the first round.

:shakehead

gee 04-23-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deandebean (Post 13826015)
I think the guy had one series right during the 1st round. I wouldn't call that a credible prediction.

The one I'm waiting for is Maggie the turd-throwing monkey: she finished with a 5-3 record. Now, that's impressive for a turd-throwing monkey.

it would have been even more impressive if she threw the turd at healey

Joe Malone 04-23-2008 12:20 PM

Yeah, he slammed the Bruins pretty good. And I liked the Minny/Avs games I saw....

buddahsmoka1 04-23-2008 12:36 PM

I love how everyone thinks Minnesota is a boring team to watch. They're probably the ones that don't ever watch them. I think they are a very exciting team to watch. They have a fast break offense and have a lot of players that can play good offensive hockey. Not to mention they have one the best young two way defensemen in the league.

Team_Spirit 04-23-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 (Post 13826479)
I love how everyone thinks Minnesota is a boring team to watch. They're probably the ones that don't ever watch them. I think they are a very exciting team to watch. They have a fast break offense and have a lot of players that can play good offensive hockey. Not to mention they have one the best young two way defensemen in the league.

These type of comments come from people that just watch sportscenter.

jpguy13 04-23-2008 12:50 PM

Minnesota is an awesome team. You want offense: there's Gaborik (in the regular season at least) and Rolston! You want defense there's Burns! Unbridled agressivity: pick your poison, Fedoruk, Simon or Boogaard? Elite goaltenders: how about Backstrom and Harding?

Nah, they're a blast to watch.

Kriss E 04-23-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter (Post 13826049)
AHL Bruins?

I bet he didnt watch a single game of the series.

Not that i agree with what he said, but pretty much every body thought that of the Bruins before the series started.
When Glen Metropolit is your 2nd line center, you're not really supposed to get to game7 vs the team that finished 1st in East.
Then again, thinking like that is probably the exact reason why ''upsets'' happen.

LyleOdelein 04-23-2008 03:59 PM

What a terrible write-up. I can't believe that passes as sports journalism. AHL Bruins? They had 2 key injuries, Bergeron and Kobasew. Wideman and Ward missed one game each. Why didn't Philly deserve to win? What a waste of time.

David_99 04-23-2008 04:05 PM

The Rangers are more defensive then the Devils these days. Someone needs to be educated. He probably thinks the Habs are still smirfs.

JrHockeyFan 04-23-2008 04:20 PM

Peculiar write-up

Everybody is entitled to an opinion I guess. Even the criminally uninformed

Rapmaster 04-23-2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan (Post 13830286)
Peculiar write-up

Everybody is entitled to an opinion I guess. Even the criminally uninformed

Yeah, but he get pay for writing this :shakehead


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.