HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hamilton, Cincinnati Thread, Part IV (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=510126)

Darz 04-24-2008 12:47 PM

Hamilton, Cincinnati Thread, Part IV
 
Please feel free to continues discussing everything Hamilton/Cincinnati here.

Here's a link to the old thread,

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=469019

Habs 4 Life 04-24-2008 12:49 PM

So whats going on with the Cyclones?

Galchenyuk x 27 04-24-2008 12:56 PM

They swept Johnstown 4-0.

They start tonight against Reading (Division Finals)

beowulf 04-24-2008 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 13841488)
They swept Johnstown 4-0.

They start tonight against Reading (Division Finals)

Nice to hear. Anybody down there have a future with us?

Whitesnake 04-24-2008 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beowulf (Post 13846921)
Nice to hear. Anybody down there have a future with us?

I always thought that Aubin could have had a career with us but seems to me that the AHL might be his ceiling. As great as Desharnais was with the Cyclones he's so small, he's a terrible long shot to ever make it. Beauregard needs to add some speed to his game if he wants to make it. I don't know Latendresse that much. Desjardins might end up at one point, a NHL backup, but I wouldn't bet anything on it. The others, Russell, Gleed, Bonneau, shouldn't be contenders.

So I don't see anybody making it, but if I had to choose, I would go with Desjardins, Beauregard and Latendresse in that order.

Galchenyuk x 27 04-24-2008 07:54 PM

Cyclones are losing 3-1 after 2 periods of play

Whitesnake 04-24-2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 13848768)
Cyclones are losing 3-1 after 2 periods of play

Might be the end of the Daigneault's experiment. We should see Desjardins next game.

Galchenyuk x 27 04-24-2008 08:15 PM

4-1, 30 seconds into the 3rd

4-2 with 6 minutes to go

olivier Latendresse made it 4-3 but we still lost 5-3

Galchenyuk x 27 04-26-2008 02:47 PM

Game 2 is tonight at 7:05

Reading leads the series 1-0

TheCinBin 04-27-2008 12:33 AM

Cyclones won 3-2 tonight (2 goals by Latendresse) to even the series 1-1 in Reading. Desjardins started tonight, his first start for Cincinnati in quite some time since being called up back in the regular season.

The good news is that the Cyclones return home to US Bank Arena next week for Games 3, 4, and 5 Monday, Wednesday and Thursday all at home. Aside from how great we have been at home this year, the Royals also failed to win a game in Elmira (who they faced last round).

We got JM Daoust back tonight also, who was our leading scorer (even over Desharnais) and star last season until being called up by the Baby Pens in the A.

Galchenyuk x 27 04-27-2008 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCinBin (Post 13882597)
Cyclones won 3-2 tonight (2 goals by Latendresse) to even the series 1-1 in Reading. Desjardins started tonight, his first start for Cincinnati in quite some time since being called up back in the regular season.

The good news is that the Cyclones return home to US Bank Arena next week for Games 3, 4, and 5 Monday, Wednesday and Thursday all at home. Aside from how great we have been at home this year, the Royals also failed to win a game in Elmira (who they faced last round).

We got JM Daoust back tonight also, who was our leading scorer (even over Desharnais) and star last season until being called up by the Baby Pens in the A.

thanks alot for the update, I hope you can come back and update us like that after each game.

Its fun being able to see the box scores online but getting insight from someone in the city of Cincinnati is great!

SOLR 04-27-2008 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 13883420)
thanks alot for the update, I hope you can come back and update us like that after each game.

Its fun being able to see the box scores online but getting insight from someone in the city of Cincinnati is great!

Indeed great job, Cinbin. :handclap:

Galchenyuk x 27 04-28-2008 04:31 PM

game 3 tonight at 7:30

series tied at 1.

Bullsmith 04-28-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 13902615)
game 3 tonight at 7:30

series tied at 1.

Go Cincy!

pc_md 04-28-2008 05:42 PM

Can you guys tell me again why Ryan Russel hasn't played in the last 4 games ? I guess he's injured... but is it serious ?

Whitesnake 04-28-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pc_md (Post 13903506)
Can you guys tell me again why Ryan Russel hasn't played in the last 4 games ? I guess he's injured... but is it serious ?

Can't say for sure but there's a limit as to how many players you can dress and with the return of Jean-Michel Daoust, could be that Russell is the odd man out.

Galchenyuk x 27 04-28-2008 10:23 PM

Cyclones lost 5-2

Reading leads the series 2-1

TheCinBin 04-28-2008 10:25 PM

Ugly game tonight. Cyclones drop game 3, 5-2 at home to go down in the series 2-1.

Game was tied 2-2 with about 8 minutes left in the 3rd when Reading got a goal when the puck was bouncing in the air and the Royal player knocked it down with his stick in front of the net on a breakaway and put it behind Desjardins, who really had played a great game thus far and couldn't be blamed for any of the goals.

After a nice effort to get back into it failed (Reading played stellar D and goaltending), the Clones got desperate to score and ended up leaving Cedrick out to dry on 2 breakaways obviously resulting in goals.

It was a VERY physical game and there was a decent sized brawl after the game with 4 or so players of each team on the ice wrestling around. Desjardins even wacked someone pretty hard with his stick. Bad blood going between these two teams.

Officiating in the final period sucked, but Reading was clearly the better team tonight and we really need to get back to our normal ways come Wednesday. :rant:

Galchenyuk x 27 04-30-2008 10:40 AM

Game 4 tonight at 7:30

Reading leads best of 7 series 2-1.

Chris Cutter 04-30-2008 09:17 PM

Did they win?

Metropolitsky 04-30-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Cutter (Post 13943596)
Did they win?

Yup 5-3

Galchenyuk x 27 04-30-2008 11:13 PM

yes, T. Beauregard scored the gwg with 5 minutes left

2-2 series

Galchenyuk x 27 05-03-2008 07:50 PM

Desharnais and Aubin scored 59 seconds apart in the 2nd period.

Cincinatti leads 2-0 after 2

Galchenyuk x 27 05-03-2008 08:54 PM

if anyone still cares the Cyclones won 4-2 and lead the series 3-2

habsprospects 05-03-2008 08:55 PM

Err... they tied the series 3-3.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.