HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Do you fear goalies from Quebec in the playoffs? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=510135)

giovannicanella 04-24-2008 01:23 PM

Do you fear goalies from Quebec in the playoffs?

Considering Quebec born goalies up their game playing against us...ESPECIALLY playing in Montreal...Do you think it will be a significant factor in determining which way the series will go versus Philly or any other team? Or do you reckon other factors such as Price, youth movement...veteran leadership, our firepower, PP, solid D will over power the teams in the east and hopefully give us the Cup?

Iwishihadacup 04-24-2008 01:24 PM

we killed Biron the only game he played us this season

nuff said

the curse is truly about backup quebecer goalies

Plekanetzz 04-24-2008 01:25 PM

I don't think the Habs will be stop by Biron in this series simply because their defensemen are to slow to handle our attack

Plekanetzz 04-24-2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 13841868)

I don't think we can call this curse...

RussCourtnallsGhost 04-24-2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 13841868)
we killed Biron the only game he played us this season

nuff said

Biron's not a backup? :sarcasm:

tinyzombies 04-24-2008 01:27 PM

I don't think Quebec goalies have a history of beating us in the playoffs. It's the regular season where they come into town with no pressure and all their families in the stands where they play well. Now they have to face PRESSURE.

Iwishihadacup 04-24-2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryder6 (Post 13841902)
Biron's not a backup? :sarcasm:

talk to Nittymaki :P

CacaLauncher23 04-24-2008 01:37 PM

Are there any satistics that assert that quebec goalies (there are quite a bunch of them in the league) always do better against us?

To me it just looks like they get more media coverage when they visit us and we remember them more when we lose. :dunno:

Puckhead58* 04-24-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giovannicanella (Post 13841845)
Considering Quebec born goalies up their game playing against us...ESPECIALLY playing in Montreal...Do you think it will be a significant factor in determining which way the series will go versus Philly or any other team? Or do you reckon other factors such as Price, youth movement...veteran leadership, our firepower, PP, solid D will over power the teams in the east and hopefully give us the Cup?

If it we weren't playing Biron...I might be worried, but he isn't as good as Brodeur when he plays in Montreal.

Kriss E 04-24-2008 01:42 PM

Quebecers usually step up their game when they come here but thats only because the next day they're out of the city and not back before a long while.

If you can up your game during the playoffs even more because your coming in MTL and you're Queb, than that means you weren't given your max to begin with.
Biron is a solid goalie, I have a feeling people didn't really learn from the Boston experience.
We were supposed to get through BOS with extra ease, yet it went to Game7.
People are pretty much saying the same about Philly. Habs in 5,blabla.
If Philly plays as physical as Boston did versus us, we might have the same problem.
The only good thing is that Philly doesn't play the trap, but that doesnt make it a sure win for us either.

Galchenyuk x 27 04-24-2008 01:46 PM

no reason to fear anybody

Darz 04-24-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafRefereeeeeees (Post 13841905)
I don't think Quebec goalies have a history of beating us in the playoffs. It's the regular season where they come into town with no pressure and all their families in the stands where they play well. Now they have to face PRESSURE.

Exactly....who was the last Quebec born goalie to beat the habs in the playoffs?????

Martin Brodeur in 1997, I think was the last, and let's face in New Jersey was a much better team than the habs that year, and Broduer is good against everyone, so...

before that who was it????

Reggie Lemelin in '88???? Mario Gosselin in '85????

Bob Sauve in '83 is who I would say was the last Quebec born goalie to REALLY be the #1 factor why a team beat the habs in the playoffs....and considering that was 25 years ago.....

Unspoken 04-24-2008 02:00 PM

Qc goalies can do this for a single game, but I don't think an average goalie will be able to keep this level for 4-7 games in a row.

Sure, he'll be pumped up for his first game, but he'll get used to it. The adrenalin rush only brings you to a certain extent.

Chasser le naturel et il revient au galop.

Bullsmith 04-24-2008 03:25 PM

Not if their name is Fichaud, or Thibodeau, or Jonathan Roy to name a few.

Biron, now that's yet to be determined. As of now, no.

Ozymandias 04-24-2008 03:38 PM

Run For The Hills!!!!!!!!!!!

Run For The Fockin Hills!!!!!!!!

Licou 04-24-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozymandias (Post 13843836)
Run For The Hills!!!!!!!!!!!

Run For The Fockin Hills!!!!!!!!

:eek: :scared:

guest1467 04-24-2008 03:40 PM

A French goalie likes to step up in his home province. However, in the playoffs everyone is stepping up so I think it will be moot.

xeric716x 04-24-2008 04:18 PM

Biron isnt anything too special

dutchy29 04-24-2008 04:29 PM

Biron is good but he will never be the gamebreaker that Roy or Brodeur were/are.
People will now begin to fear goalies from BC.:lol:

Erik Estrada 04-24-2008 04:51 PM

No. Biron might be pumped, but he's no Brodeur, Gigučre, Luongo etc...

Fish on The Sand 04-24-2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz (Post 13842354)
Exactly....who was the last Quebec born goalie to beat the habs in the playoffs?????

Martin Brodeur in 1997, I think was the last, and let's face in New Jersey was a much better team than the habs that year, and Broduer is good against everyone, so...

before that who was it????

we haven't played any quebec born goalies in the playoffs since then. A better measurement would be to see the last time we beat one. In 98 we beat Barrasso and lost to Hasek, in 02 we beat Dafoe and lost to Irbe, in 04 we beat raycroft and lost to Khabibulin, in 06 we lost to Ward, and this year we beat Thomas and face our first Quebec goalie since 1997 in Martin Biron.

beowulf 04-24-2008 04:54 PM

Why? No worries here.

peicurler91 04-24-2008 06:27 PM

The only Quebec goalie I am afraid of is Jonathan Roy (and only when my back is turned)