HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Flyers coach...'We Didin't get any Breaks...." (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=510371)

Melvin Udall 04-24-2008 11:54 PM

Flyers coach...'We Didin't get any Breaks...."

Can you believe Flyers head coach, John Stevens stated after game #1 that his team ..."got no breaks in the game".....?

Let's see............
1) The Habs hit 2 posts in the first period (with Biron clearly beat on both shots [Koivu and Breezer]) :sarcasm:
2) Breezer scored a goal for the Flyers
3) Lupul's pp goal was described (on HNIC) by injured Flyer player Mike Knuble as a "fluke"

but Coach Stevens thinks his team got no breaks in the game! WOW!!! :laugh:

I WILL SAY THAT THE HABS ULTIMATELY DID GET THEIR SHARE OF THE GAME'S BREAKS AND MADE THE MOST OF THEM :yo: :yo: :yo:

GO HABS GO!

Woland 04-24-2008 11:55 PM

The first Komi penalty was very debatable...more so then the Richards knee on Kovalev.

Galchenyuk x 27 04-24-2008 11:55 PM

:nod: ----> thats all you gotta do

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=502503

MarkovsKnee 04-24-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ND Irish (Post 13854239)
Can you believe Flyers head coach, John Stevens stated after game #1 that his team ..."got no breaks in the game".....?

Let's see............
1) The Habs hit 2 posts in the first period (with Biron clearly beat on both shots [Koivu and Breezer]) :sarcasm:
3) Lupul's pp goal was described (on HNIC) by injured Flyer player Mike Knuble as a "fluke"

I WILL SAY THAT THE HABS ULTIMATELY DID GET THEIR SHARE OF THE GAME'S BREAKS AND MADE THE MOST OF THEM :yo: :yo: :yo:

GO HABS GO!

I heard that quote too and just laughed. No breaks?! :shakehead Yeah, ohhhhhKay.

Chomsky 04-24-2008 11:59 PM

Hmm... I guess this is why Flyers fans want him out.

Idiot.

Ice Poutine 04-25-2008 12:02 AM

I guess that for John Stevens a break is Carey Price simply skating away from his goal and letting the Flyers shoot in it.

We frackin' scored their 1st goal for them (thanks Breezer..) and we didnt capitalize on two goal posts.

I just dont get that Midget hockey coach...:shakehead

Artyukhin* 04-25-2008 12:05 AM

no breaks?

What about the broken stick:)

octopi 04-25-2008 12:06 AM

And they got all the breaks the game before. Life's funny that way....

MG91 04-25-2008 12:07 AM

that team has been blessed throughout the playoffs.

Kriss E 04-25-2008 12:09 AM

Maybe a break for him would be Upshall pushing Komisarek on Price..Price falling down completely outside of his net, therefore leaving an empty net for an easy goal.

Flyers got completely dominated in this game, I can't believe they even had 33shots..one less than us.

Native 04-25-2008 12:10 AM

He's playing mind games with his team, that's all. He has to psychologically strengthen his team and not let any doubt creep into their minds.

Brownie 04-25-2008 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 13854333)
no breaks?

What about the broken stick:)

Nice avatar. Carbo's tie is wicked.

The Flyers got a lot of breaks. After seeing the replay once, I thought Richards didn't knee Kovalev, but on a second glance he clearly made contact.

Galchenyuk x 27 04-25-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 13854372)
Maybe a break for him would be Upshall pushing Komisarek on Price..Price falling down completely outside of his net, therefore leaving an empty net for an easy goal.

Flyers got completely dominated in this game, I can't believe they even had 33shots..one less than us.

dont exagerate, we did not completely dominate.
We stopped played after the first 10 minutes.
We picked it up again in the 2nd period.

In the third period we looked lost for the most part. No forecheck. Looked like we werent interested in tying the game.

bipolarhabfan 04-25-2008 12:15 AM

That is one of the worst statements that I have heard from a coach after a game. The own goal by Breisbois and the fluke goal by Lupul made this game closer than what it needed to be, and clearley showed that the Flyers got the breaks. There were two posts as well. The Habs merited the victory tonight and had the better chances overall. If the Habs continue to apply pressure on the Flyers d, and capitalize on the numerous breakdowns and poor defensive zone coverage of the Flyers, we will be okay.

Belso 04-25-2008 12:25 AM

Maybe he was day dreaming instead of watching the game... I agree with the above posts. They got breaks too..

claude boivin lives 04-25-2008 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ND Irish (Post 13854239)

Let's see............

GO HABS GO!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KomiGr8 (Post 13854275)
I heard that quote too and just laughed. No breaks?! :shakehead Yeah, ohhhhhKay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chomsky (Post 13854291)
Hmm... I guess this is why Flyers fans want him out.

Idiot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Poutine (Post 13854314)
I guess that for John Stevens a break is Carey Price simply skating away from his goal and letting the Flyers shoot in it.

We frackin' scored their 1st goal for them (thanks Breezer..) and we didnt capitalize on two goal posts.

I just dont get that Midget hockey coach...:shakehead

Quote:

Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan (Post 13854425)
That is one of the worst statements that I have heard from a coach after a game. The own goal by Breisbois and the fluke goal by Lupul made this game closer than what it needed to be, and clearley showed that the Flyers got the breaks. There were two posts as well. The Habs merited the victory tonight and had the better chances overall. If the Habs continue to apply pressure on the Flyers d, and capitalize on the numerous breakdowns and poor defensive zone coverage of the Flyers, we will be okay.

Why don't you all take a step back for a second and realize that he's probably specifically referring to the officiating? While I'm sure you're all going to tell me that he's an idiot in that case too....at least be intelligent enough to try and understand what he is actually trying to suggest.

Chomsky 04-25-2008 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claude boivin lives (Post 13854512)
Why don't you all take a step back for a second and realize that he's probably specifically referring to the officiating? While I'm sure you're all going to tell me that he's an idiot in that case too....at least be intelligent enough to try and understand what he is actually trying to suggest.

Oh jeez, back to the officiating already?

:nod:

AaronTrieu 04-25-2008 12:32 AM

Thats what his quote is about. You took the quote out of context.

katieboo 04-25-2008 12:35 AM

Brisebois scoring their first goal was not a break??

Rayne* 04-25-2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katieboo (Post 13854561)
Brisebois scoring their first goal was not a break??

I guess not. If a player on the opposing team deflecting the puck into his own net isn't a break, I dunno what is.

AaronTrieu 04-25-2008 12:40 AM

Carters stick breaking on a face off is not a break for you? Don't act like the Habs were completely responsible for their victory. They had some help.

Habs10Habs 04-25-2008 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native (Post 13854383)
He's playing mind games with his team, that's all. He has to psychologically strengthen his team and not let any doubt creep into their minds.

+1

I haven't seen his interview, but from what I've read here. That seems exactly what he was doing.

Kachino 04-25-2008 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AaronTrieu (Post 13854593)
Carters stick breaking on a face off is not a break for you? Don't act like the Habs were completely responsible for their victory. They had some help.

Yeah, that was a break... but Kovalev still had to shoot that puck in the top corner of the net...

AaronTrieu 04-25-2008 12:53 AM

and umberger had to shoot to puck for breezy to put it in. Same thing. You're team just ended up with one more break and took advantage of it. There is nothing wrong with that.

NoKtUrN 04-25-2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AaronTrieu (Post 13854593)

Yeah Stevens helped us alot by putting Biron in nets. I'm 100% sure we will see Niittymaki before the end of this series. Biron is the lamest goalie in the playoffs right now. I would choose alot of 2nd goalies from teams in the playoffs right now before I choose Biron.

Halak, Budaj, Hasek or Osgood (depending on who you think is backup), Boucher, and I would even think about using Holmqvist or Conklin before him.