HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Who Should Play?? (merged) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=510452)

albertabound 04-25-2008 09:04 AM

Time for Laps & Dandy...

Good win last night, but I think its time to rest Laps and Dandy. Laps last night in a game where he should be under thier skin like the player he is suppose to be had -2 -1 gv no shots and most importnat NO HITS. Dandy -1&1 shot on goal . Lapierre should be playing a lot tougher and smarter time to send him upstairs and bring back LATS or Ryder. On a different note embarass at the fan who pour his beer on Richards in the box.

Habs 4 Life 04-25-2008 09:06 AM

Don't count on Lappiere sitting.I think Dandenault could use a break and I personally don't think we need him in this series

Jee 04-25-2008 09:06 AM

I thought Lapierre was ok :dunno:

Dandy and breezer. thats it.

RE-HABS 04-25-2008 09:09 AM

What held Lappy from ice time was his line mates. Dandy a liabilty, Streit is too at this point because of size and his injury. I think Lappy needs to be reunited with Lats and Ryder, and O'Byrne surely is needed for size and to give the Breezer some rest because his gaffs almost cost us the game.

Ryder has 12 career points in 14 career games against the Flyers (7g 5a)...any additional offense is needed and surely welcomed.

jcpenny 04-25-2008 09:12 AM

Although Laps is good at faceoffs, he is not a center. Hed be more visible as a winger.

Seb 04-25-2008 09:15 AM

Lats would be better use than Dandy in this series since Brion seems to have difficulties controlling rebounds.

compile 04-25-2008 09:16 AM

Laps is a natural centerman.

I would stick with the same line up bar Brisebois sits for the rest of the playoffs.

One Man Rock Band 04-25-2008 09:21 AM

Lappy is playing just fine. And last game was one of his best in the face-off circle (70% or something).

He's got 22 hits, 12 blocked shots, and approximately a 50 % face-off ratio for our 4th line.

He's been fine.

Dandenault on the other hand .. not so much. He brings nothing that Ryder couldn't bring.. and Ryder can potentially score.

Bullsmith 04-25-2008 09:23 AM

Lapierre needs to be better, no question. Dandy needs to sit.

Habitants 04-25-2008 09:27 AM

that whole line is just wrong! tehre is nothing strong about it really, those are all weak guys on their own, and they do not make a good team together...carbo needs to fix that

lats playing with laps: these 2 are good friends and like to play together

personally id take dandy out and get ryder back in for at least a game.

or take lapierre out also and stick in chipchura. i would really like to see what he brings to the table in the playoffs! he did great for hamiton last year in their playoffs

Marco Corleone 04-25-2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcpenny (Post 13856521)
Although Laps is good at faceoffs, he is not a center. Hed be more visible as a winger.

False. Lappy is a natural center.

IN : OB and Lats
OUT : Dandy and Breezy

x-bob 04-25-2008 09:33 AM

Lappy has been okay but the hasn't been doing his role. He has to get under the other players skin and I haven't seen that in him all season.

habs93 04-25-2008 09:33 AM

Carbo has shown recently that lineup changes happen after losses not wins.....

GoHabs20 04-25-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocketfan (Post 13856671)

IN : OB and RYDER

fixed!

Patty Roy 04-25-2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullsmith (Post 13856619)
Lapierre needs to be better, no question. Dandy needs to sit.

I totally agree with this.

Laps needs to be better, but i don't think he should sit.

Dandeneault, i'm sorry he needs to sit. He's not bringing anything to the table...he's not physical, not getting any scoring chances, and worst of all not particularly good defensively.

I'd much rather see Latendresse or Ryder in his spot...either one of those guys will be at least as physical as Dandy. And while they are both less than stellar defensively, they are no worse than Dandeneault and at least they have a chance to score out there.

compile 04-25-2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs93 (Post 13856712)
Carbo has shown recently that lineup changes happen after losses not wins.....

As it really should be.
But...Brisebois' play is an exception to that rule.

Teufelsdreck 04-25-2008 09:53 AM

I'm not complaining about Lapierre but I agree with the posters who want to delete Brisebois, Dandenault, and Streit (although I can see Streit returning when he's recovered). You know the cliche about the square peg in a round hole? That doesn't describe the way they played. The were round pegs all right, but their diameters were so small that they slipped right through the holes and were unable to maintain their positions.

jcpenny 04-25-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Its weird i think he would be more useful and more involved as a winger.

Squeaky 04-25-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcpenny (Post 13856521)

Since when is Laps good at faceoffs? He's been below 50% on them his entire career, hasn't he?

Dynasty 04-25-2008 10:12 AM

Who Should Play?? (merged)

Given, from reading numberous threads over the past 24 hours, that there appears to be a general consensus that Ryder and Lats should play next game, especially Ryder, I would like to find out what the numbers are in support of Ryder, Lats and Dandy.

superstar436 04-25-2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

lapierre played centre in QJMHL and AHL, but he is much better at the RW if you noticed how he played this year. He does not have the creativity to play centre on the 3rd line. He excells when along the bord when he goes hustling for the puck and also in front of net as he likes to go there and pay the price.

I think it was stewart who sai dthat they ( AHL guys) were promised to play in playoffs. Time to give chipp a chance even though I am not a big fan.

VAN-HAB 04-25-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter (Post 13856545)
Lats would be better use than Dandy in this series since Brion seems to have difficulties controlling rebounds.

good thinking
we need latendresse back

ngc_5128 04-25-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeaky (Post 13857073)
Since when is Laps good at faceoffs? He's been below 50% on them his entire career, hasn't he?

He was 49.1% in the regular season and is 49.5% now...Below 50% yes, but I wouldn't call him bad at face offs.

compile 04-25-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superstar436 (Post 13857211)
lapierre played centre in QJMHL and AHL, but he is much better at the RW if you noticed how he played this year. He does not have the creativity to play centre on the 3rd line. He excells when along the bord when he goes hustling for the puck and also in front of net as he likes to go there and pay the price.

I think it was stewart who sai dthat they ( AHL guys) were promised to play in playoffs. Time to give chipp a chance even though I am not a big fan.

Umm...Lapierre is a defensive minded forward. He's best at center since a 3rd line center man is a 2way forward. You don't need to score 40pts a year or a goal a game to be a good player. Some of the best defense men in the NHL hardly break 20 pts.

Chipchura is slightly better then Laps but they won. Why change anything?

Why do people think we need 4 scoring lines? You really want to get knocked out that fast?

Beakermania* 04-25-2008 10:54 AM

Leave Lappy in

Dandenault & Breezy out
O'Byrne and Latendresse in.... or Ryder. I prefer lats but I'm good with either.