HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: The Source (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=510489)

One Man Rock Band 04-25-2008 12:40 PM

OT: The Source
 
Hey guys, I was just looking on the Source by Circuit City website.. and was wondering if any of you knew anything at all about this "NO PAYMENT, NO INTEREST." until July of '09 sale?

I was looking on the site to buy ROCK BAND for PS3 (because I can't find it in any store.. it only seems to be available for X-Box 360 and PS2 at Walmarts, etc).. and then I noticed that.

I already have the card.. and if this is true, I was thinking of buying Rock Band and 50'' LCD TV.

Any tips?

CanadaIsHockey 04-25-2008 12:58 PM

The NO PAYMENT NO INTEREST is a very comon promotion actually.
However make sure you inform yourself well before making the purchase... READ YOUR CONTRACT to make sure you are not signing for something you didn't want, AKA credit protection insurance, and other BS like that that will charge you a monthly % of your account balance.

Depending on the Province, there may be annual fees or administration fees, make sure you inform yourself well beforehand.

Also on most of these promotions, Taxes are NOT included, therefore you have to pay them upfront, if you don't then you will be charged interest on it and require to make small monthly payments. Do not disregard any payments owing as every 30 days that your late, it will put a hit on ur credit score.

Last thing, The Source is financed by "Shoppers", the store itself, if you finance will NOT accept the payments. Your payments have to be made to Shoppers directly either at 1 of their institutions, Online banking or by mail/check(avoid this).

Ghost of Saku 04-25-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaIsHockey (Post 13859438)
The NO PAYMENT NO INTEREST is a very comon promotion actually.
However make sure you inform yourself well before making the purchase... READ YOUR CONTRACT to make sure you are not signing for something you didn't want, AKA credit protection insurance, and other BS like that that will charge you a monthly % of your account balance.

Depending on the Province, there may be annual fees or administration fees, make sure you inform yourself well beforehand.

Also on most of these promotions, Taxes are NOT included, therefore you have to pay them upfront, if you don't then you will be charged interest on it and require to make small monthly payments. Do not disregard any payments owing as every 30 days that your late, it will put a hit on ur credit score.

Last thing, The Source is financed by "Shoppers", the store itself, if you finance will NOT accept the payments. Your payments have to be made to Shoppers directly either at 1 of their institutions, Online banking or by mail/check(avoid this).

This guy couldn't have said it any better.
I work at HSBC and we used to Finance "The Source" - what a ****** portfolio, suck to be Shoppers - Anyways I suggest you pay attention to every bill that comes in, and if it doesn't, well you better make sure it does because Quebec is the only province by law that requires a statement to be sent out every month

Chomsky 04-25-2008 09:24 PM

The Source is the worst store ever. I absolutely hate those *******s.

znk 04-25-2008 09:29 PM

There is nothing worst then starting paying for something you've owned for a year.

CanadaIsHockey 04-26-2008 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisaurus (Post 13866913)
This guy couldn't have said it any better.
I work at HSBC and we used to Finance "The Source" - what a ****** portfolio, suck to be Shoppers - Anyways I suggest you pay attention to every bill that comes in, and if it doesn't, well you better make sure it does because Quebec is the only province by law that requires a statement to be sent out every month


How do you think i knew all that stuff about The Source and Financing. I'm so glad we got rid of them to Shoppers. Im guessing you're on the retail side of HSBC.... Name? :sarcasm:

Yes, we used to finance the Source at HSBC, and personally, from all that I've seen, avoid shopping at The Source altogether... try Best Buy, Future Shop, or other electronic stores 1st, they also have Financing promotions, but as i said before... READ YOUR CONTRACT to make sure your not signing for anything you don't want, and trust me, you DON,T want the credit protection unless you think ur on the verge of losing your job.

One Man Rock Band 04-26-2008 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znk (Post 13867293)
There is nothing worst then starting paying for something you've owned for a year.

Well I'd have it paid off within a year, I was just liking the no interest stuff.

Maybe I'll just order Rock Band with my VISA and worry about a big-screen TV later from some other store.

Ghost of Saku 04-26-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natey2k4 (Post 13871148)
Well I'd have it paid off within a year, I was just liking the no interest stuff.

Maybe I'll just order Rock Band with my VISA and worry about a big-screen TV later from some other store.

Don't get us wrong, the interest-free period is worth is so long as you're able to pay up when it's due. I enjoy financing things because i'd rather have my money sitting in my account for a year collecting interest until the payment is due.

Ghost of Saku 04-26-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaIsHockey (Post 13871007)
How do you think i knew all that stuff about The Source and Financing. I'm so glad we got rid of them to Shoppers. Im guessing you're on the retail side of HSBC.... Name? :sarcasm:

Yes, we used to finance the Source at HSBC, and personally, from all that I've seen, avoid shopping at The Source altogether... try Best Buy, Future Shop, or other electronic stores 1st, they also have Financing promotions, but as i said before... READ YOUR CONTRACT to make sure your not signing for anything you don't want, and trust me, you DON,T want the credit protection unless you think ur on the verge of losing your job.

;) you got it


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.