HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   MacDonald recalled. Tujtin sent back to Hartford (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=51106)

Lundyfan 02-10-2004 02:19 PM

MacDonald recalled. Tyutin sent back to Hartford

From the Rangers site:

MacDonald Recalled; Tyutin Reassigned to Hartford (AHL)
2/10/2004

New York Rangers President, General Manager and Head Coach Glen Sather announced today that right wing Jason MacDonald (right) has been recalled from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL).

MacDonald, 29, has appeared in 39 games with the Wolf pack this season, collecting 11 goals and 11 assists for 22 points. His 11 goals rank third on the club and his 22 points rank fourth. MacDonald is also tied for first on the team with 101 penalty minutes and is tiued for second with three power play goals.

The 5-11, 210-pounder made his NHL debut with the Rangers on December 12, 2003 at Buffalo and has appeared in three games with the Blueshirts this season.

MacDonald signed with Hartford as a free agent on August 28, 2003 and signed a National Hockey League contract with the Blueshirts on December 11 prior to his recall.

The native of Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island skated in 368 career AHL matches with Adirondack, Fredericton, Saint John and Wilkes-Barre prior to joining the Wolf Pack this season, collecting 76 goals and 95 assists for 171 points, along with 1,312 penalty minutes.

The Rangers also announced today that defenseman Fedor Tyutin was reassigned to Hartford (AHL). He was recalled yesterday and participated in two days of practice with New York.

Tyutin, 20, has appeared in 38 games with the Wolf Pack this season, his first professional campaign in North America, recording three goals and nine assists for 12 points, along with 44 penalty minutes and a plus-7 rating.

kazo 02-10-2004 02:32 PM

Letting Tyutin go back to Hartford is the smart thing to do seeing as how he hasn't played in over a month. MacDonald doesn't hurt you as a 4th line aggressive player especially with those kinds of opponents coming up.

Larry Melnyk 02-10-2004 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazo
Letting Tyutin go back to Hartford is the smart thing to do seeing as how he hasn't played in over a month. MacDonald doesn't hurt you as a 4th line aggressive player especially with those kinds of opponents coming up.

Of course Macdonald can't hurt you, especially when he gets only 1:27 secs of ice time! But rock on with Jannie Halvac and his 16 minutes a night while guys like Lundmark pick splinters out of their butts....

kazo 02-10-2004 02:54 PM

For the what he has produced vs icetime received, Hlavac could be as ineffective a "top player" as ever to wear a Ranger uniform.

Fletch 02-10-2004 03:14 PM

I think Tikkanen III...

can be called the most ineffective top player still. Hlavac has nothing on him. But just as Tikkanen brought down his line (TGO and AK27), he's doing it again (Nedved and AK27). If history repeats itself, Kovalev will be soon traded for Nedved.

jas 02-10-2004 03:25 PM

Actually....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
can be called the most ineffective top player still. Hlavac has nothing on him. But just as Tikkanen brought down his line (TGO and AK27), he's doing it again (Nedved and AK27). If history repeats itself, Kovalev will be soon traded for Nedved.

you're probably half right - I think both players will be moved. :D

True Blue 02-10-2004 04:00 PM

Hmmm....Tik III or Kamensky? I would saythat K-man was about as useless a "top player" as it gets.

Larry Melnyk 02-10-2004 04:19 PM

And how soon we forget Brent Fedyk, Tim Seeney, Mike Keane and Bill Berg..Of course, only the Rangers would put guys like that on a first line..I remeber one night being stunned into silence for two hours after seeing an opening line up of TGO flanked by Bill Berg and Mike Keane...with Tim Sweeney changing on the fly!..God, the memories....Ah, Campbell, Muckler, Blowzo the Clonw, Trottier and Sather...We have been truly blessed

jas 02-10-2004 04:30 PM

Or better still....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
And how soon we forget Brent Fedyk, Tim Seeney, Mike Keane and Bill Berg..Of course, only the Rangers would put guys like that on a first line..I remeber one night being stunned into silence for two hours after seeing an opening line up of TGO flanked by Bill Berg and Mike Keane...with Tim Sweeney changing on the fly!..God, the memories....Ah, Campbell, Muckler, Blowzo the Clonw, Trottier and Sather...We have been truly blessed

Kovie on a checking line with Berg and Skrudland, while LaFontaine skates with Keane and Sweeney. Or, taking apart what had become one of the best lines in the league the previous year apart so Tikkanen can play with his buddy TGO. Embarrassing is to polite a word! :mad:

Fletch 02-10-2004 04:32 PM

OK, OK Melnyk..

I forgot a those shifts that Fedyk took with TGO also, since all I can remember is the stupid look on his face after his third stupid penalty against the Devils. How can anyone in the world let Brent Fedyk take three penaties against the Devils? Arrrrgh!!!!!!!!

So the last seven years have shown us some very useless players, top line and other lines.

klingsor 02-10-2004 06:08 PM

Once upon a time Sather had half a brain and laughed his ass off when we signed Scott Fraser.

True Blue 02-10-2004 06:46 PM

[QUOTE=Larry Melnyk]And how soon we forget Brent Fedyk, Tim Seeney, Mike Keane and Bill Berg../QUOTE]
Didn't forget. But Hlavac and Kamensky qualify as more of "top players" than these other guys do. Granted, all of these clowns skated on our top lines. And if we're mentioning useless one, can't forget the TOMINATOR.

"Once upon a time Sather had half a brain and laughed his ass off when we signed Scott Fraser."

And then he went out and signed Ciger, Karpa, & Ulanov. What a coup of a free agent class that was.

Nemchinov13 02-11-2004 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk

In the last 3 years of Neil Smith's management we have seen some of the worst coaching and most deficient lack of talent. But at least we had a few young guys around, and I can honestly say that the players gave their best even with terrible coaching.

Right now we get the all-world team, but our coaching is even worse and the players don't give a crap.