HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Dirty, Dirty, Dirty, Dirty (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=511705)

Hezza 04-28-2008 10:49 PM

Dirty, Dirty, Dirty, Dirty

1) The Downie trip on Price. Yes it was called, but still, that was pretty ****ing bad.
2) Hatcher smashing Bou Bou's face into the glass.
3) The Richard's elbow to the face of my man Jaro.
4) Prospal punch on Kosto. Prospal sitting on Flyers bench at the time.
I despise this team now. Everything they did in the season is spilling over into the playoffs.

What are your thoughts on these incidents?

EDIT: 2/4 were called.

freakin 04-28-2008 10:51 PM

I got four thoughts, and they're all the same.

Watsatheo 04-28-2008 10:51 PM

I have a sudden urge to youtube a certain Christina Aguilera music video. :dunno:

Stradale 04-28-2008 10:53 PM

Kostopoulos being crosschecked without even having the puck and while he was on his knees, Hartnell rough him in the face, again without having the puck and on the same shift, Prospal give him a punch while he was on the bench.

Thats 3 penalties on the same shift.

Dogbert* 04-28-2008 10:53 PM

I think you're overreacting to pedestrian things that happen in every playoff series. Kosto punched Biron in the head in Game 2: did anyone here complain about that?

Banger 04-28-2008 10:54 PM

This is the playoffs not figure skating. You got penalties on at least 2 of 3 of those incidents and one was a 5 minute major that put Mtl in the game. Mtl's problem is they don't want to get dirty in front of the net and take a beating. It's that simple.

gee 04-28-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogbert (Post 13910470)
I think you're overreacting to pedestrian things that happen in every playoff series. Kosto punched Biron in the head in Game 2: did anyone here complain about that?

uh yeah sure they did

HF-Addict 04-28-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sergzandreikostitsyn (Post 13910404)
1) The Downie trip on Price. Yes it was called, but still, that was pretty ****ing bad.
2) Hatcher smashing Bou Bou's face into the glass.
3) The Richard's elbow to the face of my man Jaro.

I despise this team now. Everything they did in the season is spilling over into the playoffs.

What are your thoughts on these incidents?

1) I thought Price embellished the Downie thing. Was happy we got a powerplay out of it though.
2) That was dirty, but it was called and got us back right in the game. So I got no complaints.
3) It should have been called, but it wasn't anything to whine about. Refs were very good anyway. I hope to see more of them.

Danglous 04-28-2008 10:55 PM

Exactly. Its going to happen with any team you play. There are going to be sucker punches, people are going to run the goalies, there will be scrums and "dirty" play. It is all part of the game. You might as well be Pittsburgh fans if you are going to whine about every non-call and physical play.

Kriss E 04-28-2008 10:56 PM

Downie's trip wasn't dirty..not like he hit Price..it was a trip and there was a call..no need to make a big deal about that one..

I was more disappointed about Kosto getting bluntly crosscheck in the face while already being on his knees..all this in front of the net..

Claimed Off Waivers 04-28-2008 10:59 PM

The Richards tap on Halak was pretty tame, nothing that bad. The only really bad one was that turd Hatcher's hit on Bouillon, that guy's always been a dirty piece of crap.

COMCASTMONEY 04-28-2008 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 13910528)
Downie's trip wasn't dirty..not like he hit Price..it was a trip and there was a call..no need to make a big deal about that one..

I was more disappointed about Kosto getting bluntly crosscheck in the face while already being on his knees..all this in front of the net..

Ya get what y a give, I'm pretty sure most other players would've gotten a PP for their team by receiving that shot from Hartnell, but the refs know what's up.

Travis Moen 04-28-2008 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banger (Post 13910486)
This is the playoffs not figure skating. You got penalties on at least 2 of 3 of those incidents and one was a 5 minute major that put Mtl in the game. Mtl's problem is they don't want to get dirty in front of the net and take a beating. It's that simple.

Staying in front of the net against the dirty flyers is risking your life...

Hezza 04-28-2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Cannon (Post 13910639)
cough
punch to timmonen's face
cough

It was open hand
bob clarke even said he liked it

Stradale 04-28-2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Hate (Post 13910606)
Ya get what y a give, I'm pretty sure most other players would've gotten a PP for their team by receiving that shot from Hartnell, but the refs know what's up.

Thats bs, Hartnell is not the cleanest guy either.

And Prospal punch Kostopoulos in the face while Prospal was sitting on the bench, didnt know that was legal too.

Habmaster 04-28-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Downie (Post 13910521)
Exactly. Its going to happen with any team you play. There are going to be sucker punches, people are going to run the goalies, there will be scrums and "dirty" play. It is all part of the game. You might as well be Pittsburgh fans if you are going to whine about every non-call and physical play.

I agree - I'm getting a little sick of reading dudes fishing for excuses - the team isn't capitalizing - thats the facts - our goaltending really hasn't been that bad - but theirs has been better - facts - enough of the fricken whining - would people really be making threads like this if we had won? doubt it.

with that said,

GO HABS GO

dlandry77 04-28-2008 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Cannon (Post 13910639)
cough
punch to timmonen's face
cough

Cough, hack, vomit.

Bruins lose there best player with your hit from behind.

Tonight, Hatcher hit from behind. He is an idiot anyway.

Your team has the reputation this year and everyone hates you because your team are a bunch of thugs. To bad your franchise is all about beating the ***** out of players and not just playing hockey. I guess if that is only way you can play, I guess thats what you have to do.

COMCASTMONEY 04-28-2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stradale (Post 13910665)
Thats bs, Hartnell is not the cleanest guy either.

And Prospal punch Kostopoulos in the face while Prospal was sitting on the bench, didnt know that was legal too.

It's not about players' history, it's about response. You let the players handle little things like that on their own and it makes the refs' job a lot easier later-it does not prolong an inevitable reaction.

I did not see the Prospal incident you refer to. When did y ou see this?

Travis Moen 04-28-2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stradale (Post 13910665)

I'm still shocked there was no penalty called from that play.

Banger 04-28-2008 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcortex (Post 13910655)
Staying in front of the net against the dirty flyers is risking your life...

that's what it takes to win these close games. Gotta be willing to pay the price.

Nitehowl 04-28-2008 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Downie (Post 13910521)

Seems like alot of the Flyers fans were whining about Kosto's love tap on Mr. HappyFace......funny how the Flyers are always front and center with most of the cheapshot/dirty stuff..during the season and now in the playoffs. Guess that is the only way Hatcher can hit anyone is from behind with a crosscheck

Ice Poutine 04-28-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Posted by Steve Downie -

"Its hockey. Cry about it."

"You might as well be Pittsburgh fans if you are going to whine about every non-call and physical play."
Look, either contribute something about hockey or get out.

You are just taunting us and trying to get people mad and that is trolling.

Wisen up kiddo or get your posts reported.

Banger 04-28-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitehowl (Post 13910730)
Seems like alot of the Flyers fans were whining about Kosto's love tap on Mr. HappyFace......funny how the Flyers are always front and center with most of the cheapshot/dirty stuff..during the season and now in the playoffs. Guess that is the only way Hatcher can hit anyone is from behind with a crosscheck

you should be happy about that. It allowed the Habs to get back into the game. They were lifeless before that.

Travis Moen 04-28-2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banger (Post 13910722)
that's what it takes to win these close games. Gotta be willing to pay the price.

I have no problem paying the price against physical defenders who are actually there to play hockey, but not against dirty thugs.

Banger 04-28-2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcortex (Post 13910770)
I have no problem paying the price against physical defenders who are actually there to play hockey, but not against dirty thugs.

good, then the Flyers will win.