HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   EDM-COL proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=51172)

Funkymoses 02-10-2004 04:30 PM

EDM-COL proposal
 
since Blake's out and I think JM Liles would be a perfect PP QB for the Oil:

to Col: Smith, Cross, Salo
to Edm: JM Liles, Sauve, 2nd

why for Colorado: Colorado's blue line is very thin on the back end, they need a top 4 guy with Blake out and some veteran depth. Salo is a decent insurance policy for Aebischer.

why for Edmonton: Packing it in for the year. 30th ranked PP. Woywitka and Lynch ready to step up next year, and Salo's going out. Gets them a PP QB, a young NHL-ready goaltender to platoon with Conks, and a pick.

Fire away!

thestonedkoala 02-10-2004 04:31 PM

Let me rephrase that, how about no? Value is fair but I think they could pick up a better goalie than Salo...But Smith is enticing.

hoserthehorrible 02-10-2004 04:32 PM

What are the statuses on Smith, Cross and Salo regarding free agency?

AvsGuy 02-10-2004 04:32 PM

change Liles to Skoula + a prospect and its done. much as i like the proposal, the return, its all very fair, i just would not give up on Liles at this point, he looks like a keeper.

good proposal though.

Vyse64 02-10-2004 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoserthehorrible
What are the statuses on Smith, Cross and Salo regarding free agency?

Smith is a RFA
Salo UFA (but with a team option for next season at 4 million)
Cross signed a 3 year deal in the off-season worth 3.3 million

Vyse64 02-10-2004 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsGuy
change Liles to Skoula + a prospect and its done. much as i like the proposal, the return, its all very fair, i just would not give up on Liles at this point, he looks like a keeper.

good proposal though.

on the oilers board i said change the pick to a 4th or 5th probably better for the avs since Salo at most worth a 3rd

hoserthehorrible 02-10-2004 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
Smith is a RFA
Salo UFA (but with a team option for next season at 4 million)
Cross signed a 3 year deal in the off-season worth 3.3 million

Looks like a fair enough deal. Colorado gives some future away for decent additions for a cup run this year. I'm not sure how willing Edmonton and Colorado are to deal with each other though. I don't recall too many, if any, deals between the two clubs.

thestonedkoala 02-10-2004 04:40 PM

^ That might be another problem. I mean how much more can the Avs keep giving their future away? Blueline is deep but how many of them are going to be traded away? Sauve might be enticing for a team like Panthers or the Kings that they might overpay a little to get him.

Aziolkowski 02-10-2004 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsGuy
change Liles to Skoula + a prospect and its done. much as i like the proposal, the return, its all very fair, i just would not give up on Liles at this point, he looks like a keeper.

good proposal though.

Skoula is poti all over again good skill no defence. He doesn't hit great player but he would get booed out of town in less then a year. Besides if lowe won't deal with the ducks because there in the same conference what makes you think he would consider dealing in the same division for anyone?

oilers_guy_eddie 02-10-2004 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aziolkowski
if lowe won't deal with the ducks because there in the same conference what makes you think he would consider dealing in the same division for anyone?

I don't think that's much of a factor. It's easy to picture the Oilers and Ducks fighting over the final playoff spot in any given season... but I don't think the Oilers will be battling the Avalanche for a playoff spot any time soon.

USC Trojans 02-10-2004 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aziolkowski
Skoula is poti all over again good skill no defence. He doesn't hit great player but he would get booed out of town in less then a year. Besides if lowe won't deal with the ducks because there in the same conference what makes you think he would consider dealing in the same division for anyone?

Colorado = lock for playoffs
Anaheim = competing with Edmonton for the last couple of spots.

wazee 02-10-2004 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
I mean how much more can the Avs keep giving their future away? Blueline is deep but how many of them are going to be traded away? Sauve might be enticing for a team like Panthers or the Kings that they might overpay a little to get him.

The Avs have been a top team for 10 years. At this point, their goal is to win another Cup...NOT to hoard resorces for the future. As an Avs fan, I want my team to go for it now while they are close even if it makes the rebuilding process take a year or two longer. Too many team get close to the top but fail to pull the trigger on a deal that could be the final piece of the puzzle. Not every deal works...but I would rather my team goes for it than hold back until the golden opportunity has passed...

TVanek26* 02-10-2004 07:00 PM

I don't see why Colorado would have any interest in Salo.Take out Sauve and Salo and add a 3rd to Edmonton and it could be do-able.

Vatican Roulette 02-10-2004 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Sauve might be enticing for a team like Panthers or the Kings that they might overpay a little to get him.


yup, cause that Luongo guy just sucks...

Vyse64 02-10-2004 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
I don't see why Colorado would have any interest in Salo.Take out Sauve and Salo and add a 3rd to Edmonton and it could be do-able.

the whole point of the proposal is to get a goalie like sauve

GKJ 02-10-2004 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USC Trojans
Colorado = lock for playoffs
Anaheim = competing with Edmonton for the last couple of spots.


Anaheim is 11 points out, with the Kings, Flames, Blues and Preds having a game in hand. The Kings are playing the Wild so someone will be getting points in that one.

ATG 02-10-2004 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Let me rephrase that, how about no? Value is fair but I think they could pick up a better goalie than Salo...But Smith is enticing.

please how is this fair,Jason smith is the oilers captain and their second best defenseman so you give away liles who is a rookie and is not a very proven one.Sauve has looked horrible besides the young guns game and the pick is decent but you want them to add salo and cross keep dreaming.Salo may garner that much at the deadline on his own if he get's hot in the edmonton net

RoyIsALegend* 02-10-2004 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cujo's house
Salo may garner that much at the deadline on his own if he get's hot in the edmonton net

The day Tommy Salo fetches a quality rookie defenseman, a quality rookie goaltender and a very good draft pick is the day Britney Spears stars in my church's choir.

IceBagadonuts 02-10-2004 10:03 PM

Oil-Church-Britney
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
The day Tommy Salo fetches a quality rookie defenseman, a quality rookie goaltender and a very good draft pick is the day Britney Spears stars in my church's choir.

Haven't been to church in a while, so I'm overdue for some Old Time religion. Let me know when Britney's appearing there, eh?

Reminds me of the story about the hot-to-trot, pretty young Sunday school teacher. Seems she had a thing for the handsome young preacher. So, one Sunday, after the congregation had departed, she chased him through the church, up one aisle, down the other, and finally caught him by the, uhh, organ...

True story. I swear.

(BTW, great line, RIAL.)

st_roland 02-11-2004 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
The day Tommy Salo fetches a quality rookie defenseman, a quality rookie goaltender and a very good draft pick is the day Britney Spears stars in my church's choir.

:lol:

ATG 02-14-2004 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
The day Tommy Salo fetches a quality rookie defenseman, a quality rookie goaltender and a very good draft pick is the day Britney Spears stars in my church's choir.

Your telling me that your more comfortable having a rookie playoff goalie in Aebischer in net then a playoff vet in salo?Colorado fans gotta have some balls,I give you the mile high salute sir

st_roland 02-14-2004 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cujo's house
Your telling me that your more comfortable having a rookie playoff goalie in Aebischer in net then a playoff vet in salo?Colorado fans gotta have some balls,I give you the mile high salute sir


Yeah, we do have some balls don't we. Of course we'd rather have Aebi in net than Salo. Would we rather have Salo as a backup instead of Sauve. Personally, I say yes. But at the cost of Sauve, Liles+? LOL, no chance. Liles is playing out of his mind right now, just ask Detroit fans. The kid is talented. If Lacroix trades Liles for Smith, i would be pissed off. Really really pissed. If we move Liles at all(I don't think we will), I think it will be for good young top-6 talent after this season is over. Thats just my read on the situation

andora 02-14-2004 07:17 PM

as much as i love jason smith, i wouldn't move those two players for him. liles has played so well for a rookie this year, and was absolutely fantastic in today's game vs the wings, showing how he CAN play, and the type of play that he can mature into and possible beyond..

and sauve has a great future IMO, and had an amazing game against the islanders, also showing he has the ability to become a good goalie one day, a very tough position to establish imo

DARKSIDE 02-14-2004 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
^ That might be another problem. I mean how much more can the Avs keep giving their future away? Blueline is deep but how many of them are going to be traded away? Sauve might be enticing for a team like Panthers or the Kings that they might overpay a little to get him.

Sauve? I believe they have a kid by the name of Roberto Luongo!

Ironchef Chris Wok* 02-15-2004 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
The day Tommy Salo fetches a quality rookie defenseman, a quality rookie goaltender and a very good draft pick is the day Britney Spears stars in my church's choir.

That is true.

However, Tommy Salo fetching a good draft pick for a team looking for a little insurane in goal is not unreasonable. He is UFA next year, so should he not work out, his contract won't be a problem.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.