HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pleks on Umburger (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=511760)

Adam91 04-29-2008 12:51 AM

Pleks on Umburger

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CLEAR THIS UP FOR ME, I honestly have NO idea what happened there, from what I could see just appear like Pleks either completly missed him or barely touched him... but I couldn't find a good angle, I didn't see any blood, but Umburger was kicking his foot into the ice in disgust

Clumsyhab 04-29-2008 12:59 AM

Umberger must pay the price. He's the Flyer I hate the most more than Downie, Hartnell, Upshall, Brière, etc. This guy is the definition of ****ing arrogant.

I like this clip so much :yo:

I hope Komi can hit him with a check like that and then O'byrne give him a "Hulk Hogan" legdrop while he's down on the ice.

tinyzombies 04-29-2008 01:11 AM

I think Plekanec went for the knee myself, but would like to see the replay again. I hope it's not true because it certainly looked like he went for Ward's knee in the last series. I'm getting sick of this guy to be honest. He plays soft and then goes for two knees? Bring back Ribeiro (never thought I'd say that). But only if he comes with Morrow.

Complaining Customer 04-29-2008 01:37 AM

For what I saw, Pleks only pushed his ass out and bumped Umberger near the left hip/higher thigh. Umberger immediately looked to be in pain, but it really felt like a fluke incident - and Pleks looked even more like an ass with his butt out like that.

(but it was real fast so I'm not absolutely sure of what I'm saying)

stungun 04-29-2008 01:52 AM

" Occupying an area of 24,230,000 sq km, North America is the third largest of the world’s continents and comprises, amongst others, two of the world’s most developed countries, the United States of America and Canada."

uhm... doesn't that make you an American too... you might live in Canada but your American to until you break of from the continent of North America.

dre2112 04-29-2008 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafRefereeeeeees (Post 13912417)

I think Plekanec went for the knee myself, but would like to see the replay again. I hope it's not true because it certainly looked like he went for Ward's knee in the last series. I'm getting sick of this guy to be honest. He plays soft and then goes for two knees? Bring back Ribeiro (never thought I'd say that). But only if he comes with Morrow.

Umberger's thigh brushed on Plekanec' hip. There was no knee. Pleks wasn't even looking at Umberger when they brushed.

JesterOnly 04-29-2008 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam91 (Post 13912316)
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CLEAR THIS UP FOR ME, I honestly have NO idea what happened there, from what I could see just appear like Pleks either completly missed him or barely touched him... but I couldn't find a good angle, I didn't see any blood, but Umburger was kicking his foot into the ice in disgust

Umberger recently returned from a bum knee and ankle on his left side. I think that Plekanec tapped him on the way by, nothing illegal or anything, and it twisted Umberger's skate causing pain in either ankle or knee. He was trying to keep weight off of it till the dressing room. I think they had the trainer check out the affected area and clear him to return, which is why it took some time for him to return. Hopefully no harm, definitely no foul. I, as a Flyer fan, would have laughed at the stupidity of the refs if a call was made there.

Fish on The Sand 04-29-2008 02:46 AM

Greg Millen said that Pleks basically hit him with his ass, like Pleks was trying to make himself occupy as much space as possible to force Umberger around him, but every replay I saw it just looked like Umberger lost an edge.

Complaining Customer 04-29-2008 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand (Post 13912758)
Greg Millen said that Pleks basically hit him with his ass, like Pleks was trying to make himself occupy as much space as possible to force Umberger around him, but every replay I saw it just looked like Umberger lost an edge.

I'm pretty sure I saw the same thing Millen saw. Youtube? I'd love to have a better look at Pleks pushing out his round ass to rub himself against Umberger.

BadHabit 04-29-2008 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand (Post 13912758)

It was a dive... there's no way that someone getting brushed by like that collapses to the ice for 2-3 mins, kicks like a fish out of water, gets helped off the ice, and then returns to the ice 10 mins later and leads a rush where he almost outskates Bouillon. :shakehead

Mue 04-29-2008 06:35 AM

Sure looked like Ribeiro on that play.

Boris Le Tigre 04-29-2008 06:47 AM

Charley Horse... definitely intentional. I did not like the play. It could very easily have resulted in a penalty and we're lucky it didn't. Then we wouldn't have been able to gain any momentum as Hatcher's dumb play would/should have been mitigated by Plekanec

Canadian_Brewtality 04-29-2008 06:50 AM

the butt charley horse? Please

Plekanec is the last person who would try and get physical.

BadHabit 04-29-2008 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boris La Tigre (Post 13913164)
Charley Horse... definitely intentional. I did not like the play. It could very easily have resulted in a penalty and we're lucky it didn't. Then we wouldn't have been able to gain any momentum as Hatcher's dumb play would/should have been mitigated by Plekanec

Man, watch the replay - Pleks BARELY grazed his KNEE. That is NOT a charlie horse.

Boris Le Tigre 04-29-2008 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadHabit (Post 13913181)
Man, watch the replay - Pleks BARELY grazed his KNEE. That is NOT a charlie horse.

it's a selfish play that he is lucky for not being called for

Monctonscout 04-29-2008 07:16 AM

Quote:

Pleks gave him a hip check, or at least tried. Not sure why Umburger was rolling around the ice. I guess he was giving those pro Leaf CBC guys something to talk about instead of Hatcher's cheap shot.

TroyM 04-29-2008 07:20 AM

That was just a weird play, I know Pleks stuck his arse out on purpose, wanted to make contact, but nothing wrong with making contact. He hardly made any at the end of the day, but he must have tapped R.J. and he twisted something or tweaked it or something, maybe a bit like ol Micky Ribs a few years ago? Sure looked like he was in some intense pain and then he's back minutes later. But then again Ribs is French, so its more evil.

Bullsmith 04-29-2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafRefereeeeeees (Post 13912417)

This is ridiculous. Pleks stuck out his butt and seemed to brush Upshall's thigh with it. Mabye somehow that caused a charlie horse but it's not even in the same ballpark as going for a knee. Anyway I really don't get the logic, you blame Pleks for playing soft and then he actually makes contact with someone and you want to get rid of him? Watch the replay.

Mue 04-29-2008 08:13 AM

Is Umbeiro okay?

neofury* 04-29-2008 08:15 AM

Are you guys blind? On CBC they showed the replay like 5x. Plek never even touched the guy, he dove plain and simple.

Puckhead58* 04-29-2008 08:31 AM

Quote:

Nothing happened to Umburger!!! Plekanec stuck his butt out to make the hit and just barely grazed Umburger's pants and he went down like he was shot. Every replay that you can see shows that there was hardly any contact with Plekanec....so its obvious that this one is a huge dive. Umburger was looking for a penalty call since he knew Hatcher was going to go for that hit on Boullion....Umburger was trying to even things up with the Phantom attack from Plekanec.

And they say that Montreal players dive a lot.....PLEASE!!!! At least if a Montreal player dives there is some form of contact from another player and not just the wind knocking him to the ice like this hit.

anarmandaleb 04-29-2008 08:34 AM

Can anyone tell me why you need to rub your face all over the ice if you're not trying to get a major called on the Habs?

GoHabs20 04-29-2008 08:36 AM

I have a man crush on Pleks, so you know where my mind is going with this one. :naughty:

:sarcasm:

Claude Reigns 04-29-2008 08:39 AM

1. It wasn't a penalty on Montreal. I don't know of any Flyer fan or player that was seriously calling for a penalty.

2. It wasn't a dive on Umberger. His knee has been wonky for the past month. That creates extra stress on the other parts of the leg.

Next topic.

anarmandaleb 04-29-2008 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHabs20 (Post 13913787)
I have a man crush on Pleks, so you know where my mind is going with this one. :naughty:

:sarcasm:

Who's the nasty one now?:p: