HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Not enough Canadians to win the Cup this year (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=511796)

David 04-29-2008 06:23 AM

Not enough Canadians to win the Cup this year

I"ll eat my shorts and apolgize to everyone if I'm proven wrong but I realize after this last game that this year's Montreal Canadiens do not have enough Canadians to do whatever it takes to win the CUP.

Carbo knows it too, that's why he keeps insisting in putting in Breezy and Dandy despite how bad they are.

Qui Gon Dave 04-29-2008 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 13913108)
Carbo knows it too, that's why he keeps insisting in putting in Breezy and Dandy despite how bad they are.

What, you mean he knows this and that is why he plays them over the well known European/American guys Ryder, O'Byrne and Latendresse? Or am I missing something from your post?

I think the reason the guys you mentioned get more games is due to experience, not nationality (due to the fact most of the guys they compete with for a spot are also Canadian).

Mue 04-29-2008 06:36 AM

Canadians dive and cry.

Kachino 04-29-2008 06:38 AM

Quote:

I"ll eat my shorts and apolgize to everyone if I'm proven wrong but I realize after this last game that this year's Montreal Canadiens do not have enough Canadians to do whatever it takes to win the CUP.

Michel Villeneuve is that you?

habs24 04-29-2008 06:51 AM

Actually David is on the right track just a bit off on the Euro comments. There are actually some Euro's that don't mind the physical play. We just don't have any of them.

VirginiaMtlExpat 04-29-2008 06:58 AM

You have to eat 'em after one of us is done with 'em. Anyone can eat new shorts.

Kalcon 04-29-2008 07:11 AM

If...
1. Halak replaces Price;
2. Dandeneault replaces Kostopoulos;
3. Brisbois replaces O'Byrne;

The habs will not have one anglophone Canadian player in the lineup!!!!!

newgodz 04-29-2008 07:13 AM

Your absolutely right, this team is full of euro’s that can be great during regular season and the opposite in the PO

Monctonscout 04-29-2008 07:14 AM

Quote:

Yeah because it's those Euro goalies that have given up weak goals the last 2 games :shakehead

Are we having a contest on who can start the stupidest thread?:rant:

TroyM 04-29-2008 07:18 AM

Oi vey, lose 2 in a row and the stereotypes and dumb comments come out. Man I sure wish we had more Dandenaults over Koivus. Our tpp five scorers are all Europeans. I wouldn't complain one bit if we had more top end North Americans, but I don't think it's the difference that's for sure. I just want a Euro captain to win the cup and maybe that'll take a way some of that stupid speculation.

There are soft Europeans, there are soft Canadians, there are even soft AMERICANS, and that's no insult to their freedom, haha.

David_99 04-29-2008 07:21 AM

Yes, Damn those Koivus, Kovalevs and Kostitsyns. Haven't done anything this playoffs.

You give a bad name to Davids out there.

TroyM 04-29-2008 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_99 (Post 13913313)
Yes, Damn those Koivus, Kovalevs and Kostitsyns. Haven't done anything this playoffs.

You give a bad name to Davids out there.

I actually thought it was you, I was thinking 'I remember a David, but I thought he was at least half way intelligent... and didn't he have an avatar? He's gone downhill since he lost it.'

You gotta watch this guy, your rep is on the line!

JGRB 04-29-2008 07:27 AM

We have a great team guys, we've shown alot of heart all year.. But my take is, every team that has won the cup has had to have some luck on their side, and unless we start to get bounces i'm just not feeling we can go all the way. Philly is beating us by luck itself almost, unless the tides reverse soon i'm not sure we could get pass Cindy Crosby and his ghost penalty calls.

neofury* 04-29-2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

No, I think there's not enough racism and bias on HF for the habs to win the cup... oh wait.... I'm getting a reading out of the post above..... it contains ignorance.... prejudice........... I THINK WE HAVE A WINNER CANADIAN PLAYER BIAS!!!!

You win!!! stupidest post of the year award goes to.....

You win cups with

A) Good Players
B) Good goaltending
C) Veteran playoff experience

Are russians and euro players, even americans able to be one of A B C or all of? YES THEY ARE! Just like Canadian players can be good at hockey, so can OTHER nationalities of player!!! I know you find this hard to believe what with your ignorant comments, but teams CAN win without even 1 canadian player.

Convert to a leafs fan plz, kthx

Ice Poutine 04-29-2008 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mue (Post 13913140)
Canadians drive and try.

Fixed it for ya... :sarcasm:

neofury* 04-29-2008 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habs24 (Post 13913177)
Actually David is on the right track just a bit off on the Euro comments. There are actually some Euro's that don't mind the physical play. We just don't have any of them.

Really? The kostitsyn's don't play physical? You guys expect way too much of a player. You expect him a player like Kovalev to be Gretzky offensively, Komisarek defensively, play physically 5x stronger then Begin. Come on wake up, we DO have physical forwards who are NON-North American. Enough with your ******** comments.

Voting for the motion to have david banned or name changed based on saving the credibility of another user who isn't a prejudice, and also due to prejudice and making dumb posts cause we lost 2 games.

Gros Bill 04-29-2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kachino82 (Post 13913146)
Michel Villeneuve is that you?

Don't you mean Don Cherry?

Ice Poutine 04-29-2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill (Post 13913571)
Don't you mean Don Cherry?

Don Villeneuve (or Michel Cherry), leave this body NOW! I command you!!;)

neofury* 04-29-2008 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Poutine (Post 13913584)
Don Villeneuve (or Michel Cherry), leave this body NOW! I command you!!;)

Not even tho, even Cherry wouldn't be stupid enough to make a comment like this after the two kostitsyn bro's have been playing physical and even S.Kost prolly has the most PIM on our team, but no of course he isn't playing physical, what with the open ice hitting and such. Cherry would never have that little hockey sense, he'd at least comment on it if it were actually true, not just cuz BOOHOO his team lost 2 games back to back. They took the first on us at home and we did it to them, we'll take the 2nd in Philly trust me.

Claimed Off Waivers 04-29-2008 08:19 AM

We don't necessarily need more Canadians, we just need more grit and size. More often than not, gritty players are Canadian so I don't think the OP was being xenophobic, but there are exceptions.

Gros Bill 04-29-2008 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 13913624)
Not even tho, even Cherry wouldn't be stupid enough to make a comment like this after the two kostitsyn bro's have been playing physical and even S.Kost prolly has the most PIM on our team, but no of course he isn't playing physical, what with the open ice hitting and such. Cherry would never have that little hockey sense, he'd at least comment on it if it were actually true, not just cuz BOOHOO his team lost 2 games back to back. They took the first on us at home and we did it to them, we'll take the 2nd in Philly trust me.

You seriously underestimate M. Cherry's capacity for stupidity.

Ledevin 04-29-2008 10:22 AM

What the **** is going on with all these racist threads/posts after 2 losses?

David 04-29-2008 10:22 AM

I love Koivu and if everyone played like Koivu and gave it all that they had like Captain Courageous, this team would be a serious Cup contender this year.

It's not really about race but I think that it has more to do with where you grew up and what you dreamed about growing up. Canadian boys dream of hoisitng the Cup since they are yea high to a grasshopper.

On the other hand, international players put more value in the Olympic Gold and other international competition so it's quite natural for them to strive for Olympic Gold more than a Stanley Cup.

I think that's all there is to it. No racism, no maliciousness. Just expectations. Think about it. If you are a Canadian and you go work in Russia on a team fighting for Russian championships. You can't tell me that you will try as hard to win that championship as you would for a Stanley Cup. Same difference.

And for the record, yes, I do have a problem with the inconsistant effort by Kovalev and Kostsityn and Plekanecs, etc. They are not consistantly doing the little things to win and it's obvious.

As for my examples of Breezy and Dandenault is because they have Cups to their name and the experience that goes along with them.

But the strange thing about this version of the CH is that they really seem to be lacking Anglophone Canadiens. Coincidence?

You need the Skrudlands, you need the Keanes, you need the McPhees, you need the Mullers, you need the Gaineys as well as the Carbonneaus and Damphousses and the Desjardins and the Naslunds and the Dipietros and the Schneiders and the Chelios to win.

It's a team game with different motivations for different players that gel to go the distance and win the marathon that is the Stanley Cup!

You cannot win it with a lopsided team without the proper motivations. And this is my point.

I hope to be proven wrong but this year's team does not have the diversity that produces the desire to win the Cup!

SpreeEndaz 04-29-2008 10:24 AM

Richybaby 04-29-2008 10:27 AM

David, the Habs need YOU buddy !

David for the cup !!!

P.S. Am i wrong or this season's objective is not the cup ?

Who care ? David will play an we're gonna win the cup :D:D:D