HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Wishfull thinking! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=511825)

otto bond 04-29-2008 09:38 AM

Wishfull thinking!

I would Carbs to pull his pants up and go to what was working in the regular season with a few adjustment

My lines:
1st A.K.46-Plekanec-Kovy....this guys are great tighter and it's time to put them back
2nd S.-74-Koivu-Latendress....Lats plays his best games with Koivu and we need his size. Sergei for his vision and Higgins his not their because well you should know why
3rd Begin-Smokes-Kosto...was a good line at the end of the year and in the first round
4th Higgins- Lapierre-Ryder. well I was debating between Higgins and Streit but I guess Higgins could wake up:help:

Defense
Same has last night with the exception of Brisebois in and OB out. Let`s face it, Breezer can play on the pp.
in net.....easy Price. If I see Halak in net, IMO, Carbs is saying we will try back next year. It`s not that Halak is gonna make us lose but I`m all for honor and give Price the honor to win or lose in net.
PS. I would entertain any changes but the net. Just remember that we did not win 24 cup with the same goalie and aside from Dryden(6 cups in 8 years:amazed: with the big3:amazed:) even Brodeur looked bad this year.

Melvin Udall 04-29-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77otto (Post 13914353)
I would Carbs to pull his pants up and go to what was working in the regular season with a few adjustment

My lines:
1st A.K.46-Plekanec-Kovy....this guys are great tighter and it's time to put them back
2nd S.-74-Koivu-Latendress....Lats plays his best games with Koivu and we need his size. Sergei for his vision and Higgins his not their because well you should know why
3rd Begin-Smokes-Kosto...was a good line at the end of the year and in the first round
4th Higgins- Lapierre-Ryder. well I was debating between Higgins and Streit but I guess Higgins could wake up:help:

Defense
Same has last night with the exception of Brisebois in and OB out. Let`s face it, Breezer can play on the pp.
in net.....easy Price. If I see Halak in net, IMO, Carbs is saying we will try back next year. It`s not that Halak is gonna make us lose but I`m all for honor and give Price the honor to win or lose in net.
PS. I would entertain any changes but the net. Just remember that we did not win 24 cup with the same goalie and aside from Dryden(6 cups in 8 years:amazed: with the big3:amazed:) even Brodeur looked bad this year.

What works in the regular season does not always work in the playoffs (example Habs pp). :help:

Seems that this Habs team (made of speed and finesse -- like most of the better teams in the east) is not built for the playoffs.

This Habs team is not nearly as good as Ottowa in '07 and Ottowa was physically manhandeled by the Ducks in the '07 finals.

Habs are not a good team 5 on 5 -- the power play has stopped producing and they cannot compete (on the score sheet) 5 on 5 with Philly. :help:

LilWinger11 04-29-2008 10:10 AM

When did Carbo have his pants down? :eek:

I don't know if the expression is different in French... in English it's usually "pull up your socks".:laugh:

otto bond 04-29-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilWinger11 (Post 13914684)
When did Carbo have his pants down? :eek:

I don't know if the expression is different in French... in English it's usually "pull up your socks".:laugh:

good one. I guess what I meant was he needs to go back and think about what worked before and pull his socks up like you said and put the line up on the ice in witch he likes despit what the media says or fans. Also, he needs to identify the guys who wants to win at all cause.
in general, I'm happy with his decision more so then last year. Kovy has not played bad but not has dominate. He needs the puck and it's up to Carbs to find a way to get him more involved.

MTL-rules 04-29-2008 11:07 AM

I'd put Kovy with Smoke and Begin... two guys that actually cares and that will crash the net while Kovy's trying to undress the 6 Flyers on the ice...

He's back to his old self, not passing, not caring, trying to do everything by himself... it might work with these two guys...

We need guys to crush the net I'd put SK with Koivu and Lats... and go back with the Higgins-Pleks and AK46 line...

But that's all wishfull thinking as you pointed out, the habs have totaly dominated the last two games... let's hope luck turns around...

otto bond 04-29-2008 12:16 PM

uncalled for. I may not agree with him either, I look at his comment more like a disappointed fan. I'm sure that every fan wants more from Kovy.
I must admit, he is not playing bad, he is playing with out the extra jump. It's quicker in the playoff and he needs to refocus and hold his stick with confidence.
See the one guy that I have a harder time with is Higgins. He skates well, position wise is good and well his stick gone. Hard call for a coach!
The other guy that makes me cringe is Streit. His biggest fault would be bad puck movement.
Bottom line his, they need to have more fun and play shift by shift.:)

compile 04-29-2008 12:49 PM

How about the dress the AHL team and sit everyone else.

I hate to break it to everyone but the Habs will not make it to the 3rd round. They are back to the old "i'm not going into the corners because I may get hurt and i'm doing all the work" days.

The only 4 players that have actually gave a damn about winning are, Kosto, Sergei Kostitsyn, Begin and Gorges. They sacrifice themselves every shift while the rest of the team just sits and watchs...

Seasons over boys, start your draft scouting.