HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Enough with the Kovalev bashing! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=512047)

HamrlikTheStud* 04-29-2008 08:06 PM

Enough with the Kovalev bashing!

****! Stop bashing on the guy! You are without a doubt the dumbest group of fan of the world. It's impossible.

The guy is the 11th scorer of the playoffs and is the only reason why we won a game so far in this series, he sets two perfect plays for Higgins who missed two open nets on the same shift, and he does all this despite the fact he's hurt to an ankle since game 50 and despite the fact he's constantly double-checked by the opposition. He's the only reason why the Habs made the playoffs this year, but no! It's his fault if the Habs are trailing 2-1.

Don't blame Higgins!
Don't blame Price!
Don't blame Plekanec!
Don't blame Komisarek!

Let's all blame our best player, our best scorer of the season and of the playoffs!

Let's blame the only reason why we did make the playoffs and the major reason of the emergence of both Kostitsyns.

You guys are pathetic. You make me feel ashamed to be an Habs fan.

dlandry77 04-29-2008 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud (Post 13923590)
****! Stop bashing on the guy! You are without a doubt the dumbest group of fan of the world. It's impossible.

The guy is the 11th scorer of the playoffs and is the only reason why we won a game so far in this series, he sets two perfect plays for Higgins who missed two open nets on the same shift, and he does all this despite the fact he's hurt to an ankle since game 50 and despite the fact he's constantly double-checked by the opposition. He's the only reason why the Habs made the playoffs this year, but no! It's his fault if the Habs are trailing 2-1.

Don't blame Higgins!
Don't blame Price!
Don't blame Plekanec!
Don't blame Komisarek!

Let's all blame our best player, our best scorer of the season and of the playoffs!

Let's blame the only reason why we did make the playoffs and the major reason of the emergence of both Kostitsyns.

I agree, just lay off now. They play tomorrow and see what happens. There is no sense giving up on the team or bashing them and making it worse.

Players make mistakes and can learn from them. Thats why they call it a best of 7 series.

HamrlikTheStud* 04-29-2008 08:12 PM

And I was about to forget... look at the best scorers of this team since the beginning of the playoffs.

Kovalev : 9 pts in 10 games
S. Kostitsyn : 8 pts in 10 games
Koivu : 6 pts in 4 games
Plekanec : 6 pts in 10 games
A. Kostitsyn : 6 pts in 10 games
Brisebois : 5 pts in 10 games
Higgins : 4 pts in 10 games
Kostopoulos : 4 pts in 10 games

Find the mistake! But oh no. Kovalev is the reason why we're losing right now. Higgins though is playing like a star and A. Kostitsyn is fine...

Try to explain me the logic of this.

dlandry77 04-29-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud (Post 13923789)
And I was about to forget... look at the best scorers of this team since the beginning of the playoffs.

Kovalev : 9 pts in 10 games
S. Kostitsyn : 8 pts in 10 games
Koivu : 6 pts in 4 games
Plekanec : 6 pts in 10 games
A. Kostitsyn : 6 pts in 10 games
Brisebois : 5 pts in 10 games
Higgins : 4 pts in 10 games
Kostopoulos : 4 pts in 10 games

Find the mistake! But oh no. Kovalev is the reason why we're losing right now. Higgins though is playing like a star and A. Kostitsyn is fine...

Try to explain me the logic of this.

I think Higgins struggled in the first series because he did not have Koivu. Since Koivu has returned I think he has played way better. Now its just getting his game back. He missed a few chances on open nets but soon as he pots one I think he will get his grove back that he had in the regular season.

I think Kovalev has been a force these playoffs. No one can blame this guy, I think these have been one of his best playoffs, I have ever seen him play. I have noticed he plays with more grit. He won't hit many players but he is will get hit which I found he did not do that on his previous teams. He also plays a little defence which he never did before thanks to Carbo. Not just offence.

Mue 04-29-2008 08:19 PM

I hadn't really noticed a lot of Kovalev bashing. Hmm?

Complaining Customer 04-29-2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mue (Post 13923948)
I hadn't really noticed a lot of Kovalev bashing. Hmm?

Same here. Given I'm not reading everything, but I don't remember a single post bashing Kovalev... Which doesn't mean Habs fans aren't the dumbest group of fans in the world. ;)

CareyPrice x 31 04-29-2008 08:22 PM

you sir are right about the Kovy bashing (its ridiculous) but I truley believe you have a completly wrong idea of what Higgins can do.

take a look at his number from his entire career. He is not the guy that will carry you to the promise land. (this comming from one of his biggest fans)

Iwishihadacup 04-29-2008 08:23 PM

stop the kovy bashing and convert to the Price Bashing!!

Mue 04-29-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Complaining Customer (Post 13924026)
Same here. Given I'm not reading everything, but I don't remember a single post bashing Kovalev... Which doesn't mean Habs fans aren't the dumbest group of fans in the world. ;)

We are a stupid bunch...and we dive, and cry about the refs, and we're soft..blah blah blah.

Analyzer* 04-29-2008 08:24 PM

Watching the pens, Rangers game, Kovalev reminds of Jagr.

CareyPrice x 31 04-29-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 13924078)
Watching the pens, Rangers game, Kovalev reminds of Jagr.

you watching tonights game or a taped game?

Jagr has been awesome tonight
Kovy hasnt been awesome.

Analyzer* 04-29-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 13924105)
you watching tonights game or a taped game?

Jagr has been awesome tonight
Kovy hasnt been awesome.

Tonight's and I mean by how they work the powerplay. My bad.

CareyPrice x 31 04-29-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 13924125)
Tonight's and I mean by how they work the powerplay. My bad.

that i will agree.
Jagr just made the same stupid cross ice pass Kovy tries to make for no reason

Montreal Shadow 04-29-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 13924191)
that i will agree.
Jagr just made the same stupid cross ice pass Kovy tries to make for no reason

They still retain their habit when they were playing for the Pens.

Kriss E 04-29-2008 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 13924036)
you sir are right about the Kovy bashing (its ridiculous) but I truley believe you have a completly wrong idea of what Higgins can do.

take a look at his number from his entire career. He is not the guy that will carry you to the promise land. (this comming from one of his biggest fans)

Thats true, and that's why i dont agree with him being on the PP.

Gret99zky 04-29-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

You are without a doubt the dumbest group of fan of the world. It's impossible.

Thanks dude.

Even though I haven't said anything negative about Kovy I really needed someone to berate me as a fan.

I feel better now. Cheers.

Myron Gaines* 04-29-2008 09:20 PM

Theres no bashing of Kovalev really... There just a small group of people who as soon as theres something wrong with the Habs there convince that its Kovalevs fault. I wont name them, I think we all know who they are lol

goalchenyuk 04-29-2008 09:28 PM

i thought it was because of Brisebois ...:dunno:

Kirk Muller 04-29-2008 09:30 PM

Kovalev bashing or people wanting to see Kovalev not coast or give up on plays or people that have criticized Kovalev but have also criticized Higgins, Plekanec, Akosts, Markov and Komisarek for their questionable play.

hmm. no one is singling out Kovalev as the single reason for losing however he is one of 6 guys on this team that isn't performing enough in the playoffs.

What i see more is a select group of Kovalev fan boys who defend the guy to no end, see his name with the slightest bit of criticism and feel the need to start a thread defending him and shifting the blame to someone else.

JrHockeyFan 04-29-2008 09:44 PM

The only bashing I want to see is Hatcher bashing . . . literally

Habs 04-29-2008 09:46 PM

Agreed, since Hamrlik is the most deserving of bashing.

WeThreeKings 04-29-2008 09:54 PM

Maybe because Kovalev is a ****ing veteran and Higgins is in his second playoffs and A. Kost in his first.

Maybe that's why, hmm?

Kirk Muller 04-29-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 13926678)
Maybe because Kovalev is a ****ing veteran and Higgins is in his second playoffs and A. Kost in his first.

Maybe that's why, hmm?

pfffft. Logic. when has that ever had its place on HF.

but "omg omg omg omg omg, you see that move by Kovalev that almost worked. If that deke worked 4 more times and on the goalie, that goal would have been epic."

i swear many around here would rather see a fancy goal or a fancy attempt in a loss than a garbage goal in a win.

HabsPack 04-29-2008 10:05 PM

Kovy's leading the team in scoring, some of you guys are making out like he's done nothing. Would I like to see more, sure, but I can say that about every player on the Habs and especially Higgins/Pleks/Markov & Streit.

The Bruins were keying on Kovy big time and they got away with a helluva lot of abuse, wouldn't be surprised at all if his ankle injury has flared up, he's definitely lost some zip to his skating. That's why it was really too bad the Habs couldn't have wrapped that series up in 5 games, with all players receiving some rest. Now the Philly series, if Mtl wins, will go a minimum 6 games and likely 7, I'm afraid they'll be easy pickings for a well rested and basically injury free Penguins if they make it that far.

Roger's Pancreas* 04-29-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Don't blame Higgins!
Don't blame Price!
Don't blame Plekanec!
Don't blame Komisarek!