HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cory Murphy.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=512256)

Cropduster 04-30-2008 11:46 AM

Cory Murphy....

Kings fan here, but have a question regarding Murphy. how long do you guys have him locked up? Barring injury, how do you think he will do next season?

Thanks!

Acadmus 04-30-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cropduster (Post 13933292)
Kings fan here, but have a question regarding Murphy. how long do you guys have him locked up? Barring injury, how do you think he will do next season?

Thanks!

I think it was a 2-year deal, so he's with us just through next year.

How he'll do next season is completely up to his ability to regain his offensive touch. He sucks defensively mainly due to his size. His offense wasn't present when he returned from injury, and as such his defensive liability was more exposed (he was brought in to QB the powerplay).

If he can't regain his offensive game, he'll be out. And it won't be Heidi Klum telling him that.:D

Clint 04-30-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race against NINE (Post 13933360)
And it won't be Heidi Klum telling him that.:D

You just lost man points.

Acadmus 04-30-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clint (Post 13934739)
You just lost man points.

My wife watches it...I watch Heidi...how do I lose 'man points'?:D

pb1300 04-30-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race against NINE (Post 13935195)
My wife watches it...I watch Heidi...how do I lose 'man points'?:D

+1 from me.

Heske_44 05-02-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race against NINE (Post 13935195)
I watch Heidi

Her eyes/voice scare me.

Desert Panther 05-02-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heske_44 (Post 13963631)
Her eyes/voice scare me.

I'm not looking at her eyes :naughty:

PhoenixDog 05-25-2008 10:08 PM

how many points do you think murphy is good for if Bouwmeester is not resigned? is 45-50 as PP QB out of the question.

PanthersRule96 05-25-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anybodybutcalgary (Post 14211903)
how many points do you think murphy is good for if Bouwmeester is not resigned? is 45-50 as PP QB out of the question.

I don't think Bouwmeester has much of an impact on how many points Murphy gets, regardless of him being signed or not........

In terms of Murphy though, it all depends on how he recovers from that weird shoulder injury he had, and whether or not he can get back to the form he showed the first few games for us. He's a quick passer and good at moving the puck across the ice in the offensive zone. His slapshot is pretty hard but his wristshot leaves much to be desired. He doesn't shoot enough to make himself effective, but he also was a rookie to the NHL, so it depends. If he can adjust to the NHL, then he could possibly put up 30 points as a PPQB, but he also has severe defensive shortcomings. He can be tossed around like a ragdoll in the defensive end as he's so tiny. Bigger forwards can do whatever they want when he's out there. All in all, if he can get his offensive game together again, he could possibly produce, but I'm not that optimistic that he'll be a contributing member of our team this coming season. Not that Johnasson has shown much offensively, but I'd almost take my chances between Murphy and Johansson and see if Magnus can play as well as he did in the World Champs, as he's superior to Murphy defensively.