HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Let's just face it, other teams fans are jealous of the Habs... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=512515)

lou4gehrig 04-30-2008 09:47 PM

Let's just face it, other teams fans are jealous of the Habs...

I mean 24 Stanley Cups. 42 Hall of Famers. I love it when the trolls show up. Shows how much envy there truly is.

I mean when is the last time these teams even won the Stanley Cup? Were any of the posters even alive?

Boston.. 1972! 36 years ago!!!!
Philly.. 1975! 33 years ago!!!
Ottawa... Never. Hahaha.
Toronto...1967! 41 years ago!!!

No wonder they're so frustrated.

Kue 04-30-2008 09:48 PM

24 cups... but thanks for pre-jinxing our next two. :sarcasm:

FrankMTL 04-30-2008 09:48 PM

26??....wow, we won two more while I was getting drink?

Stephen Locke* 04-30-2008 09:49 PM

They just dislike the Habs because of their fans.That is all.

Except the perennial losers out there in Toronto and Boston though,it's a natural and historic rivalry.

lou4gehrig 04-30-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Kautsitsin (Post 13942691)

Same reason people hate the Yankees. Everybody hates a winner.

Philly fans boo Santa Claus and injured Michael Irvin and somehow they are worse than Habs fans?

Come on. People hate the Habs because they wish they had all that history to hang their hats on.

Travis Moen 04-30-2008 09:51 PM

In regular season, there was more noise at the Bell centre than for a playoff game at the wachovia

As the Glorious Weep 04-30-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadienFan11 (Post 13942636)
24 cups... but thanks for pre-jinxing our next two. :sarcasm:

if you count the Montreal Maroons then he's technically right... or is he...

ChemiseBleuHonnete 04-30-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lou4gehrig (Post 13942593)
I mean 24 Stanley Cups. 42 Hall of Famers. I love it when the trolls show up. Shows how much envy there truly is.

I mean when is the last time these teams even won the Stanley Cup? Were any of the posters even alive?

Boston.. 1972! 36 years ago!!!!
Philly.. 1975! 33 years ago!!!
Ottawa... Never. Hahaha.
Toronto...1967! 41 years ago!!!

No wonder they're so frustrated.

*** are you talking about.. right now is what matters and we're not there. why would they be jealous?

GoneAway 04-30-2008 10:00 PM

Man...this is just gonna reel the trolls in

hototogisu 04-30-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos (Post 13942763)
In regular season, there was more noise at the Bell centre than for a playoff game at the wachovia

That was really sad. I was wondering if it was the RDS feed that was extra-quiet or what.

The n00b King * 04-30-2008 10:01 PM

Meh, it doesn't really bother me much anymore. Especially Sens fans. Haha, they started PMS'ing ever since we got close to first place in the East. It actually feels kinda good when Sens fans make fun of us. It's so sad.

Dwight 04-30-2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chromemaro (Post 13943106)
i dont hate habs fans and am not jealous; but come on guys dont go the pittsburg "ur just jealous route" you are better than that

I wouldn't take it to heart. Most people are just acting out of anger right now.

My friendly advice is to steer clear of the habs forum until at least Friday

freakin 04-30-2008 10:02 PM

Agreed, Montreal is the best hockey team on the planet.

Arctic_Hab_Fan 04-30-2008 10:03 PM

This thread proves nothing but insecurity!

The n00b King * 04-30-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freakin (Post 13943153)
Agreed, Montreal is the best hockey team on the planet.

Well the Sens have some awesome sarcasm. Maybe they can trade it for a Stanley Cup?

ARS 04-30-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Except the perennial losers out there in Toronto and Boston though,it's a natural and historic rivalry.

This ^

I'm certainly not jealous of the Habs, rather I respect the team and I can only wish the Sens had a long and illustrious history like the Habs with players like Richard, Lafleur, Geoffrion, Beliveau etc.

It's just the fans really need to stay calm and stay out of our boards when you guys beat us. In fact, I think most Sens fans actually like the Habs, just we can't cheer for them because a lot of Habs fans are unbearable.

Golden 04-30-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quartz (Post 13943249)
Well the Sens have some awesome sarcasm. Maybe they can trade it for a Stanley Cup?

Here's hoping!

s0m3oNe 04-30-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARSens (Post 13943345)
I'm certainly not jealous of the Habs, rather I respect the team and I can only wish the Sens had a long and illustrious history like the Habs with players like Richard, Lafleur, Geoffrion, Beliveau etc.

It's just the fans really need to stay calm and stay out of our boards when you guys beat us. In fact, I think most Sens fans actually like the Habs, just we can't cheer for them because a lot of Habs fans are unbearable.

100% agreed.
In fact, before joining this board, the Habs were one of my more liked teams. It's just that some of your fans, and threads like these, make it very hard to cheer for this team.

Rusty Shackleford 04-30-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Funny thing is, go take a look at any Leafs forum, go ahead and you won't find a single thread on the Habs, I think some Habs fans overplay the fact that Leafs fans hate them, when personally they couldn't care less.
It's you're board that has the anti-Leafs threads pop up twice a day.

Watsatheo 04-30-2008 10:23 PM

They hate us 'cause we're beautiful.

ed ible* 04-30-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford (Post 13943794)
Funny thing is, go take a look at any Leafs forum, go ahead and you won't find a single thread on the Habs, I think some Habs fans overplay the fact that Leafs fans hate them, when personally they couldn't care less.

Im not sure about that..........I know for fact that there are leaf fans in my community that have a more powerful orgasm when the habs lose then when the leafs win......

ARS 04-30-2008 10:26 PM

Also, I will be reporting alberta sens fan everytime I see his post and I hope you guys do the same. He's not a Sens fan, I've never seen him on the Sens board, and frankly we don't want him there.

Pothier 04-30-2008 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quartz (Post 13943249)

You'd have to throw in a 2nd.

:sarcasm:

Watsatheo 04-30-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford (Post 13943794)

We have anti-Leafs threads that pop up twice a day? Wow I never had the chance to see them. I'm glad you were here to catch them though. ;)

FWIW I live in Toronto. I went to highschool and currently attending a university in Toronto. I am open about being a Habs fan and occasionally wear Habs jerseys to classes. Most of my friends are in fact Leafs fans. I can tell you a lot of Leafs fans do in fact hate the Habs.

Claimed Off Waivers 04-30-2008 10:41 PM

I wish we could just be hated for current success instead of riots, obnoxious behaviour and booing anthems. The sad part of having a team with a glorious history is the few idiots who attach themselves to it and make us all look like arrogant ***** who brag abour 24 cups, yet were born in 1990. 9 times out of 10, the guys who brag the most about our cup wins are people who were alive for either one or none and know very little of the teams history, which is pretty sad.

Jealous? Nobody has had a reason to be jealous of us since 1993.