HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Russia (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Maxim Trunev (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=512641)

Heat McManus 05-01-2008 08:10 AM

Maxim Trunev

I saw he played one game for Cherepovets as a 16 year old.

Has anybody been able to see him play recently? What kind of style does he play? What's his potential?

Thanks in advance

RedAce 05-05-2008 10:03 PM

Kid has sick skills!!! i got one game of him on DVD from this years mac AAA tourament in calgary where serverstal's jr team wiped the floor with the canadian team and this kid Trunev was skating around these canadian's like they were pylons

Hockeycritic 05-07-2008 04:01 AM

Opinion on Trunev

He is finally ranked #55 by NHL CSB European department. He isn't bad player with really good quick skating and good stickhandling. Yes, he can score good goals. Team plays helping just to him to score goals... but I didn't see assists from him that much. PROBLEM with him that his father overhelps to the boy being in very close relations with coach of Cherepovets Severstal-2 team and no matter what coach puts the boy in top line all the time though in Cherepovets organization they have better players than Trunev to play in top line. Friendship of the father with head coach helps the boy to do junior career. It would be interesting if he be able ever to play in CHL without his father's support just on his own skills...

vad87 02-05-2009 11:06 PM

I would like to have some update on that guy please. Does he is a regular on his KHL team? What his stats look like? How he handle the big competition with men because he's not really big? What is his progression since the beginning of the season? Tank you:yo:

Habiton 08-07-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vad87 (Post 17751385)
I would like to have some update on that guy please. Does he is a regular on his KHL team? What his stats look like? How he handle the big competition with men because he's not really big? What is his progression since the beginning of the season? Tank you:yo:

This

cska78 08-08-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habiton (Post 35734843)
This

I thought he was looking pretty good a few times I had seen him, he may make it to the big club this year.

Analyzer 08-12-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cska78 (Post 35754725)
I thought he was looking pretty good a few times I had seen him, he may make it to the big club this year.

What do you mean big club ? I thought he was playing in the KHL already ?

montreal 08-24-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 35874181)
What do you mean big club ? I thought he was playing in the KHL already ?

I assume he's talking about how Trunev has seen time in the MHL each year so he could mean that Trunev will finally play in the KHL full time. This past season he had a career high in KHL games with 39, so that's a tad over half a season.

cska78 08-24-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 36176625)
I assume he's talking about how Trunev has seen time in the MHL each year so he could mean that Trunev will finally play in the KHL full time. This past season he had a career high in KHL games with 39, so that's a tad over half a season.

yes, so much potential in juniors - but adult level - not too much feedback so far

Yakushev72 08-25-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cska78 (Post 36180449)
yes, so much potential in juniors - but adult level - not too much feedback so far

He was actually one of the better players for the Russian U20 team in the 2010 WJC. Very fast skater with excellent puckhandling and passing skills. If I recall correctly, he played on a line with Tarasenko and Kirill Petrov. In some ways, a prototypical Russian forward with terrific offensive skills. Too small to be a factor on defense.

cska78 08-25-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yakushev72 (Post 36200713)
He was actually one of the better players for the Russian U20 team in the 2010 WJC. Very fast skater with excellent puckhandling and passing skills. If I recall correctly, he played on a line with Tarasenko and Kirill Petrov. In some ways, a prototypical Russian forward with terrific offensive skills. Too small to be a factor on defense.

yes, that's exactly what he is, imho, u are 100% right. Transition to adult hockey is tough for him.

Latgale_fan 09-10-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yakushev72 (Post 36200713)

Kinda reminds me our own Roberts Bukarts on Dinamo Rīga roster... also what you'd call a prototypical Russian hockey school forward will weapons on offense but nothing much defensively... They are the same age and even their stats are similar.

Felix Perreault 12-07-2011 03:37 AM

Does he will move to NA someday ? ...

cska78 12-07-2011 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fil11 (Post 40570605)
Does he will move to NA someday ? ...

doubt it, on the same note, what ever happened to his longtime teammate Chvanov who's barely playing in the VHL for Severstal's farm-team in Saratov?