HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Michael Ryder - Should he Play?? (merged) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=512651)

happyhab* 04-29-2008 02:39 PM

Put Ryder in !!!

Right now Ryder can't hurt.....we should put him up with Kovi and Koivu
second line stays
third line Higgins Lapierre and Latendresse

our third line will be the that goes a little unnoticed, that can pick up a few goals with less pressure

llamateizer 04-29-2008 02:40 PM

Ryder dont give a S*** anymore
he know hes gone

Philanthropist 04-29-2008 02:56 PM

Offer him some cod as a playoff bonus.

Jee 04-29-2008 02:56 PM

Just put the puck in.

that's it.

icerocket 04-29-2008 02:57 PM

Blow This Team Up!!!!!!

Mr Bojanglez 04-29-2008 03:01 PM

Ryder wouldn't be a bad move. He wants to win a cup, regardless if the team is going to trade him

Rise from the Ashes 04-29-2008 03:12 PM

Put him on the left wing where Higgins is so he could put in those empty nets.

Mats NAslund 04-29-2008 03:21 PM

I agree Ryder should be re-inserted into the line up, however I also think Koivu and Kovalev need to be split up again.

Go back to the old lines of:

A. Kost Plekanec Kovalev
Higgins Koivu S. Kost
Ryder Lapierre Latendresse
Begin Smoke Kostopoulos

MArkov Komiserek
Hamerlik Gorges
Streit Bouillion -

MTL-rules 04-29-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mats NAslund (Post 13918474)
I agree Ryder should be re-inserted into the line up, however I also think Koivu and Kovalev need to be split up again.

A. Kost Plekanec Kovalev
Higgins Koivu S. Kost
Begin Smoke Kostopoulos

MArkov Komiserek
Hamerlik Gorges
Streit Bouillion -

We got a winner!

What's Carbo's phone number?

FTowwn 04-29-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

A. Kost Plekanec Kovalev
Higgins Koivu S. Kost
Begin Smoke Kostopoulos

MArkov Komiserek
Hamerlik Gorges
Streit Bouillion -

agreed.

TheCH* 04-29-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husamus156 (Post 13917997)
he know hes gone

What are you talking about? He will not be back with the habs next year, but he will be with some nhl team. He will play as hard as possible to up his contract he gets this summer.

HabsPack 04-29-2008 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCH (Post 13920271)
What are you talking about? He will not be back with the habs next year, but he will be with some nhl team. He will play as hard as possible to up his contract he gets this summer.

Agreed, if Ryder has half a brain in his head he would use any opportunity to try to shine to get as many possible suiters as possible. The way Philly plays seems to be tailor made for Ryder, opposed to the Bruins stifling style of play.

Hopefully Carbo will insert Ryder back into the lineup, but I heard earlier today on 990 that the coaching staff haven't spoken to him since something like January (I gather they would mean personal one on one's), not a good sign.

Galchenyuk x 27 04-29-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husamus156 (Post 13917997)
he know hes gone

give a **** or not, you play the game to win the cup.
he's in the final 8 teams, he's gonna play to get that cup.

Kue 04-29-2008 06:49 PM

I would dress Ryder, even if his only purpose is to be a RH shot on the PP.

JrHockeyFan 04-29-2008 06:51 PM

Wow. If we changed lineups every single game these guys would be totally insane

Stradale 04-29-2008 07:01 PM

I want to see Ryder back too.

WeThreeKings 04-29-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan (Post 13921504)
Wow. If we changed lineups every single game these guys would be totally insane

Yeah, instead of every 3 shifts, which is what Carbonneau is doing right now.

redmachine54 04-29-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

A. Kost Plekanec Kovalev
Higgins Koivu S. Kost
Begin Smoke Kostopoulos

MArkov Komiserek
Hamerlik Gorges
Streit Bouillion -

I'd like basically the same thing, but with Ryder on the right and Lats on the left.

RE-HABS 04-29-2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsPack (Post 13920335)
Agreed, if Ryder has half a brain in his head he would use any opportunity to try to shine to get as many possible suiters as possible. The way Philly plays seems to be tailor made for Ryder, opposed to the Bruins stifling style of play.

Hopefully Carbo will insert Ryder back into the lineup, but I heard earlier today on 990 that the coaching staff haven't spoken to him since something like January (I gather they would mean personal one on one's), not a good sign.

If that is true then it shows that Samsonov was telling the truth that Carbo never talked to him to tell him what he was doing wrong and what he needed to do to get into the line up...classless on Carbo, the coaching staff as a whole and the Montreal organization as far as I'm concerned.

How can aplayer get into the line up, work on things that he needs to address and find the confidence in his coaches if they don't speak to him????

Speaks volumes on Carbo's character...total a-hole!:rant:

A good article on Ryder and his situation and how he is handling it with class.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/sports/080428/s042841A.html

Too bad the same couldn't be said about the coach who is thinking of himself and not his team. Just wait and see, Carbo will = Mario Tremblay if he keeps up this crap with the other players on this team, especially the younger stars.

jonny5 04-29-2008 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsPack (Post 13920335)

You are partially right. Carbo has not spoken to Ryder, but the other coaches do speak to him. As a matter of fact, Muller told Ryder last night to talk to go ask Carbo why he won't play him. But, Ryder told Muller, "that it wasn't his place to approach the coach looking for ice time, if Carbo wants him to play, he will put him in."
There is some hidden agenda with Carbo against Ryder, and it seems nobody knows what the problem is, not even Muller.

Locks 04-29-2008 09:24 PM

Put Ryder in? To do what? Ah, it is to score goals. Well, he hasn't done that during the season, despite every opportunity he was given, and was beyond horrible in the playoffs against boston. The problem is that he seems to have lost the only real skill he had - his shot. And his other skills are at a level that simply doesn't justify him being in the lineup. All he does is ruins play after play. And now some here want to beleive in miracles that he suddenly becomes the scorer he used to be. He is a liability out there, and I am not just talking defensively.

RE-HABS 04-29-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny5 (Post 13925487)
You are partially right. Carbo has not spoken to Ryder, but the other coaches do speak to him. As a matter of fact, Muller told Ryder last night to talk to go ask Carbo why he won't play him. But, Ryder told Muller, "that it wasn't his place to approach the coach looking for ice time, if Carbo wants him to play, he will put him in."
There is some hidden agenda with Carbo against Ryder, and it seems nobody knows what the problem is, not even Muller.

How do you know Muller told Ryder to talk to Carbo? If that is true, Muller obviously thinks Ryder should be playing and he should be telling Carbo.

Maliki2 04-29-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyhab (Post 13917985)
Right now Ryder can't hurt.....we should put him up with Kovi and Koivu
second line stays
third line Higgins Lapierre and Latendresse

our third line will be the that goes a little unnoticed, that can pick up a few goals with less pressure

He can't hurt? But he sure as hell can't help! How many friggin times do we give this guy a shot? He's done, finished, over...move on please.

Chris Cutter 04-29-2008 09:52 PM

I don't think it'll change anything if Ryder is in the line-up or not, he lost his 'talent' of getting the puck in the net.

RE-HABS 04-29-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locks (Post 13925773)
Put Ryder in? To do what? Ah, it is to score goals. Well, he hasn't done that during the season, despite every opportunity he was given, and was beyond horrible in the playoffs against boston. The problem is that he seems to have lost the only real skill he had - his shot. And his other skills are at a level that simply doesn't justify him being in the lineup. All he does is ruins play after play. And now some here want to beleive in miracles that he suddenly becomes the scorer he used to be. He is a liability out there, and I am not just talking defensively.

Yes the opportunties on the 3rd and 4th lines with no PP...I forgot those opportunities he didn't take advantage of!:shakehead

People look at the stats and see he has gotten half the icetime this year. Been on the 3rd to 4th lines majority of the season and no PP time as well. But, still managed to score half the amount of goals he did the previous season before taking half the shots he took as well...well if he had more icetime, more PP time and top 2 line players to play with well that could have been double the shots on net with double the goals...gee, that would mean another 25-30 goal season to go with a low +/-, high hit totals and a an overall better game!

Talk about a coach screwing a guy over...Carbo is an @$$h0!e!!!