HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Tonight I'm going back to play. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=512774)

Terror91 05-01-2008 04:10 PM

Tonight I'm going back to play.

Tonight is going to be my first night back since busting my head open. I'm pretty nervous I can say that. But thanks to HeadCoach, I feel like my game is going to be better than ever. It's only stick n' puck but I'll let you guys know how I did.

Redwingsfan 05-01-2008 04:17 PM

Good luck :handclap:

iceman17 05-01-2008 04:21 PM

Goodluck Stemps

FiveHole23 05-01-2008 05:28 PM

How did you bust your head open?

RealTalk 05-01-2008 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJrumble (Post 13953406)
How did you bust your head open?

I think he's the guy who got hit behind the net or something and his helmet dug into his fore head

Yea it's him
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=504300

Terror91 05-01-2008 06:03 PM

I was coming around the back of the net after my teammate scored, i look up and there's a d-man and i got hit. my helmet slid down on my head slicing it open. I told you about converting back to goalie. My notice how out of shape I am when switching back to goalie compared to playing up front. I've been working out ever since my injury. Tonight I get to go back and see what I got.

Headcoach 05-01-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stemps (Post 13953773)
I was coming around the back of the net after my teammate scored, i look up and there's a d-man and i got hit. my helmet slid down on my head slicing it open. I told you about converting back to goalie. My notice how out of shape I am when switching back to goalie compared to playing up front. I've been working out ever since my injury. Tonight I get to go back and see what I got.

Good luck! I would bet you'll keep your head up from now on, won'tcha? Let us know how things go.

Headcoach

FiveHole23 05-01-2008 06:43 PM

holy**** man that looks like it hurt.

Terror91 05-01-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJrumble (Post 13954089)
holy**** man that looks like it hurt.

It wasn't that bad actually. Hitting the rink hurt more. Probably because I was in shock and by the time that was gone, the pain ceased. I'll let you know how things go.

Terror91 05-02-2008 12:02 AM

Alright. I'm back. I'm sore, I'm tired, I was flat out, not bad. I let in a couple of soft goals at first. But once I got my game going, I was pretty good. I made a HUGE stick save but the rebound was put in the twine. My glove hand is as quick as always but i have to work on my butterfly for sure.

deanosaur 05-02-2008 12:55 AM

**** that was awhile ago i remember that.

i bet you couldnt stop my wrist shot. i can tell you now that i ALWAYS shoot glove side. its more fun when you tell the goalie that youll be shooting there every shot and still score.

the_speedster 05-02-2008 01:26 AM

question is how much play did you get from the girls, with that scar? hmmm?:sarcasm:

shibdib 05-02-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stemps (Post 13953773)

more proof that us keepers do more work then the skaters :P

good to hear ur back between the pipes tho, give it time and ull be right back where u were. Took a year off after my old schools coach was an arse and ruined the game of hockey for me. Took a month or 2 to get back to my old level of play.

Terror91 05-02-2008 04:49 PM

Its not easy thats for sure. Hard freaking work. My endurance is shot though. Besides running and riding a bike, whats the best way to build endurance?

the_speedster 05-02-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stemps (Post 13966091)
Its not easy thats for sure. Hard freaking work. My endurance is shot though. Besides running and riding a bike, whats the best way to build endurance?

for goalie? just play.. as often as possible till you get used to it. I played goalie for a bit last year.. went into it thinking "hey I won't have to skate so damned much ... it'll be a piece of cake."

Then I got into my first practice... 10 minutes later I looked up and asked (aching back and shaking legs) is it over yet?

Definately gave me tons more respect for the men btw the pipes that's for sure! ;)