HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Nj/cbj (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=51285)

mdhockey211 02-11-2004 01:03 AM

Nj/cbj

Ill just throw this one out there

To NJ: W Geoff Sanderson
D Luke Richardson
3rd rd pick 2004

TO CBJ: 1st rd pick in 2004
C Mike Rupp
W Jiri Bicek
D Matt DeMarchi

MoS* 02-11-2004 01:31 AM

i think that extra 1st rounder is overkill. take off the 3rd from CLB and get nj to add a 2nd rounder instead of the 1st

NJ_Devil_Boy 02-11-2004 03:22 AM

Not a very impressive deal with role players. That's the kind of deal to expect from Lou. :handclap:

Note: I agree with MoS. The first is overkill.

BlueJacketBoy 02-11-2004 06:31 AM

Other than Rupp, I'm not too familiar with the other players in the deal coming to the CBJ from NJ. I will say though that as had been rumored a lot last year, I would prefer a deal involving Gomez coming and Sanderson leaving in some kind of way.

Safir* 02-11-2004 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdhockey211

D Luke Richardson
3rd rd pick 2004

C Mike Rupp
W Jiri Bicek
D Matt DeMarchi

Are the CLB players UFA next season (baring there's a season :()?

TSN says that Rupp could be a Powerforward type of player. Well the Jackets already have a 1st line PF and Rupp could be a 2nd line PF. Bicek may never play long stretches in the NHL, but at the best could be a good 3rd or 4th line winger. DeMarchi would really help the Columbus blueline. The Devils are loaded on D with rookies Martin, Hale and prospect Kadeykin.

I'll also second the notion of other posters that you should replace NJ 1st with there 2nd and drop the Jackets 2nd.

Good proposal. :)

Dropkick Alex 02-11-2004 06:59 AM

Quote:

D Luke Richardson
3rd rd pick 2004

C Mike Rupp
W Jiri Bicek
D Matt DeMarchi

agree with others the first is a little to much

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe 02-11-2004 07:32 AM

I think the 1st rounder is just fine. Of course, I'm a CBJ fan. :)
Neither player is a UFA. Richardson will be making just under $3 million for the next two years. Sanderson will be making right around $3-million for the next two years. That is a nice chunk of salary.

Despite the rumors, I don't think Richardson will be traded. Sanderson definitely seems to be available.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe 02-11-2004 07:37 AM

I like DiMarchi. Could this work?

DiMarchi/1st for Sanderson :dunno:

BM67 02-11-2004 08:03 AM

Quote:

D Luke Richardson
3rd rd pick 2004

C Mike Rupp
W Jiri Bicek
D Matt DeMarchi

Columbus is getting:

1. three players for two.
2. the three youngest players, Richardson almost 35, Sanderson 32, Bicek 25, Rupp 24, Demarchi 22.
3. dumping salary, the salary remaining for this year on Sanderson and Richardson would pay the salaries of the other three for both this year and next. Sanderson is under contract for two more years at 3 mil.

Columbus would need to give up the higher draft pick. Make it a swap of seconds and it's better.

Even then I'd still be looking for a better deal elsewhere as neither player is exactly what the doctor ordered for NJ. Although they would do if nothing better came along.

CBJSlash 02-11-2004 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BM67
Columbus would need to give up the higher draft pick. Make it a swap of seconds and it's better.

Even then I'd still be looking for a better deal elsewhere as neither player is exactly what the doctor ordered for NJ. Although they would do if nothing better came along.

Columbus traded their second in the first Sydor deal. I can see Maclean pulling the trigger if that was offered. It would continue the curse of the Columbus Captaincy, Odelein, Whitney, and Richardson.