HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Carey Price starting game 5, OFFICIAL THREAD (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=513094)

blah141 05-02-2008 05:11 PM

Carey Price starting game 5, OFFICIAL THREAD

as per TSN

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=236573&l...s=topStory_nhl

;)

Galchenyuk x 27 05-02-2008 05:12 PM

no surprise, everyone has said it since yesterday.

GO :habs GO!

Mathieu21 05-02-2008 05:15 PM

Expected but still some big news.

Kue 05-02-2008 05:17 PM

If we are going to the 3rd round (and beyond), we need to ride our better goalie (Price). Imagine if we got there and had to ride Halak vs. the Pengiuns.

If we lose with either goalie it doesn't matter because we lost.

Thus, it is the correct decision.

chaosrevolver 05-02-2008 05:19 PM

Alright Price...we need you more than ever. Lets do this! 3 Games!

WE BELIEVE!!!!!!

Stradale 05-02-2008 05:23 PM

yay official thread!

Fish on The Sand 05-02-2008 05:26 PM

not surprised. At this point Price has a golden opportunity to say **** off to all the people who are slamming him and calling him overrated. He is in a position to become a legend if he does what we all know he can do.

Habs 05-02-2008 05:26 PM

Frankenprice?

Guillemin 05-02-2008 05:28 PM

I don't care. Kovalev and Markov suck, and we lose. If they somehow wake up, then we have a chance.

Galchenyuk x 27 05-02-2008 05:30 PM

heres the RDS link...

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/251017.html

JrHockeyFan 05-02-2008 05:32 PM

I'm not going to criticize Carbo. I just find it odd that he would start Halak and then return to Price.

I was sure Price would start the last game. He went with Halak. Halak let in 3 goals but since most of the Philly goals have been of the unusual sort, I can't complain about Halak.

Maybe he is just playing a hunch. back to the wall and all that

I think the equation so far in this series has been that Halak and Price have not been terrible. But they have not been outstanding as Biron has been.

Meanwhile Philly has been nowhere near as impressive in the rest of their game, which matches up well for them with Halak and Price not playing great. On the other hand, like good pitching beats good hitting, it appears great goaltending beats great scoring chances.

I don't think a team can win a series with mediocre goaltending unless the other team's goalie is just as mediocre. Great goaltending can cancel great offense

wedge 05-02-2008 05:49 PM

Price got the rest he needed and let's hope that Melancon worked with him.

No surprise to me that Price is here for what could be the final game of the season

Hackett 05-02-2008 06:11 PM

screw price, what's the status on carbo's tie???

Fish on The Sand 05-02-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackett (Post 13967310)

he's decided to go with the half windsor

Philanthropist 05-02-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackett (Post 13967310)

at the dry cleaners

Monctonscout 05-02-2008 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah141 (Post 13966831)

It's the logical thing to do unless Halak had a very good game.

goalchenyuk 05-02-2008 06:18 PM

The best choice . It could be our last game , so go with the team that lead us there ;

Kovalev- Plekanec- Kostitsyn together and Price in the net .

Monctonscout 05-02-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillemin (Post 13966975)
I don't care. Kovalev and Markov suck, and we lose. If they somehow wake up, then we have a chance.

That's a pretty big exageration. Markov doesn't seem 100%, his skating is not up to par, but he's still contributing and so is Kovy. Kovy's problem is that he's trying for the perfect set up instead of getting the puck to the net and scoring a few "dirty" goals.

Kriss E 05-02-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadienFan11 (Post 13966879)
If we are going to the 3rd round (and beyond), we need to ride our better goalie (Price). Imagine if we got there and had to ride Halak vs. the Pengiuns.

If we lose with either goalie it doesn't matter because we lost.

Thus, it is the correct decision.

I would be completely confident with Halak in nets if he got us past the Flyers, which means he'll have won 3 in a row and most likely be hot.

One Trick Pony 05-02-2008 07:41 PM

Price got everything under control. The flyers will experience a brand new goalie and they'll know what it's like to be pissed when you're playing against a wall.

Turboflex* 05-02-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan (Post 13967006)
I'm not going to criticize Carbo. I just find it odd that he would start Halak and then return to Price.

Gives Price time to psych up, he was shattered.

Kriss E 05-02-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan (Post 13967006)

I was sure Price would start the last game. He went with Halak. Halak let in 3 goals but since most of the Philly goals have been of the unusual sort, I can't complain about Halak.

Maybe he is just playing a hunch. back to the wall and all that

I think the equation so far in this series has been that Halak and Price have not been terrible. But they have not been outstanding as Biron has been.

Meanwhile Philly has been nowhere near as impressive in the rest of their game, which matches up well for them with Halak and Price not playing great. On the other hand, like good pitching beats good hitting, it appears great goaltending beats great scoring chances.

I don't think a team can win a series with mediocre goaltending unless the other team's goalie is just as mediocre. Great goaltending can cancel great offense

Price and Halak have been very oridinary and you don't win with ordinary goalies in the POs.

Halak was awright, but let in a weak first goal and was kinda slow to move on the 2nd goal. He didn't do a better job than Price. Once again we had a ton more scoring chances than Philly, they capitalized on weak goals again, and that's been the story of the POs.

Since Halak has been ordinary as well, i dont see why he should be in nets over Price.
At this point, you have to say, awright both goalies are giving me the same output, one is supposed to be our future superstar and you know has the potential to steal a game all by himself, so you put him in.
The fact that we have another game is the only reason why Carbo tried Halak last game. He tought, worst case scenario, he plays like Price and lets weak goals in and we lose. Then Price will have a chance to have rested, calm down, and hopefully bounce back with a solid performance.
If he doesn't, well we have no reason to believe Halak would have done a better job.

The decision makes sense.

superstar436 05-02-2008 08:00 PM

Something I don't understand

why is Guy that hesitant to play higgins - saku - Tender as the 2nd line. Tender plays well when he is playing with top 6 players. He seems to have chemistry with saku and that is since last season ( his rookie). Tender opens up the space for saku and is also good along the board. we lost plenty of battles one on one there.

Skosty can be moved to 3rd line to play with smokes and kosto or lapierre on wing. That will give us 3 balanced lines. smokes is paid 2 million and was brought in as the 3rd line cman. If he is not utilized there why on earth did we bring him.

68 05-02-2008 08:28 PM

If Price wins the next 3 games for us I will no more say he's overrated.

Corey 05-02-2008 08:46 PM

I cannot conceive of going with Halak in an elimination game. If the Habs are going to have a chance at advancing, it must be with their best goaltender.