HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pens Most likely with the Cup (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=513395)

dlandry77 05-03-2008 09:11 PM

Pens Most likely with the Cup

I wish we won tonight but we didn't. The best Canadian team by far this year.

It looks like the Pens will win the Cup for the first time since 1992. I don't think anyone has a shot against the Pens. I thought we did because of our speed and skill. I hate to say it but the Pens have won it this year. I don't know any team that has a shot to beat them.

Its just an opinion, I just think they have to much skill, I hate them too. For a team to lose 5 years in a row and get every great player under the sun sucks in my book. But I think they just are that good. Crosby and Malkin over any of the other best players on any team. There D is good, better than Philly, worse than Detroit and Dallas. Fleury looks like an elite goalie again.

Hopefully we can do it next year!!!

GO HABS GO
still the drive is alive for a cup in every decade, no one even close to this feat.
:handclap:

Habs forever because no one is even close!

Kaktus* 05-03-2008 09:12 PM

come on man.

Nothing was given to us.

Nothing!

Traitor8 05-03-2008 09:12 PM

heh?
They didn't even get past the 2nd round yet ....and any of the western teams can take out Pittsburgh ...that's without mentionnning the Rangers and Flyers

Adam91 05-03-2008 09:12 PM

Last time I checked there were 2 teams who are already closer to the Cup then the Pens.

ed ible* 05-03-2008 09:13 PM

Pens lose to the Rangers in 7....

Bronn 05-03-2008 09:13 PM

I don't know but i'm now on the Pens bandwagon :nod:

HFXMooseHabs 05-03-2008 09:14 PM

I think Detroit is going to win the cup. Pittsburgh will be in the finals.

LastChancePrice 05-03-2008 09:14 PM

If the Flyers beat us and we predict we would smoke them, why would u predict that the Pens would beat them?

Lets face it, they present a tougher opposition than they were in regular season.They just play very well in these playoff and i am predicting a 7 game series vs the Pens.

dlandry77 05-03-2008 09:14 PM

Yeah but, come on, they have the 2 best players in the league left with Malkin and Crosby. Fleury is good again. There defence is not bad, better than the Flyers. They are too skilled.

I like our team too but the Pens have elite players that are over 100 points a season. I just can't see another team winning it this year, they are just too good. I am not even a Pens Fan either, I hate them because they blow it for so many season and get Marion and Crosby. How is that fair? Oh well, its my opinion the Pens will win it!!

ed ible* 05-03-2008 09:14 PM

With Avery gone Im rooting Rangers.

CareyPrice x 31 05-03-2008 09:14 PM

detroit??
Dallas??
San Jose??

I still think the west wins it all

JMMR 05-03-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by =CH= (Post 13981669)
I think Detroit is going to win the cup. Pittsburgh will be in the finals.

I concur.

Raoul Duke* 05-03-2008 09:16 PM

I like this already because in the first round they were already talking about the Ovechkin/Crosby matchup in round 2. Philly had a little to say about that idea.

Round 2 was a lot the same, and I'm not here to rub anything in, but if people keep looking past the Flyers it only helps out for our chances.

bauer 05-03-2008 09:17 PM

playoffs are a different story. most people thought the Habs would easily beat the Flyers. they were wrong. most people thought the Rangers would easily beat the Pens. they were wrong.

you can't predict the playoffs, anything can happen. the west is by far the stronger of the two conferences so suggesting the Pens (or even the Flyers) have a better shot at winning than either Detroit, Dallas or San Jose is just silly.

Monctonscout 05-03-2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlandry77 (Post 13981592)
I wish we won tonight but we didn't. The best Canadian team by far this year.

It looks like the Pens will the Cup for the first time since 1992. I don't think anyone has a shot against the Pens. I thought we did because of our speed and skill. I hate to say it but the Pens have won it this year. I don't know any team that has a shot to beat them

Hopefully we can do it next year!!!

GO HABS GO
still the drive is alive for a cup in every decade, no one even close to this feat.
:handclap:

Habs forever because no one is even close!

Pittsburgh won't beat Detroit. I think the Hbas could have beaten them but not with the goaltending we have had in the playoffs. :(

Rayne* 05-03-2008 09:19 PM

Pittsburgh's defense is too offensive minded. Detroit will eat them alive.

dlandry77 05-03-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raoul Duke (Post 13981725)
I like this already because in the first round they were already talking about the Ovechkin/Crosby matchup in round 2. Philly had a little to say about that idea.

Round 2 was a lot the same, and I'm not here to rub anything in, but if people keep looking past the Flyers it only helps out for our chances.

Bottom line is most people hate your team because you were dirty in the regular season. I am praying for a Pens victory because the Flyers on top would be a disgrace to the league.

RE-HABS 05-03-2008 09:20 PM

Dallas or Detroit...too much experience and too good defensively and all around.

Gret99zky 05-03-2008 09:27 PM

Never know.

Smallpox might make a comeback.

World War III?

Excellerated Continental Drift?

Playoffs might get cancelled.

I'm just sayin', don't buy any short term advertising....especially Penguin related.

http://www.breadonthewaters.com/add/...ge_clipart.jpg

JrHockeyFan 05-03-2008 09:35 PM

I thought we would have trouble getting by the Pens. But I also thought a western team would win.

I am thinking Dallas or Detroit is going to handle Pens pretty easily

le_sean 05-03-2008 09:37 PM

The Pens? No way they beat the Wings, sorry.

Habs 05-03-2008 09:38 PM

I hope not, hate that franchise.

GarretJoseph* 05-03-2008 09:41 PM

Nah. They wont get past NYR.

dlandry77 05-03-2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 13982235)
I hope not, hate that franchise.

Me too, But i think they will win it.

Giuseppe Sallo 05-03-2008 09:43 PM

Dallas vs Philly in the finals

People are giving the pens to much credit, I will tell you that the Pitts/Philly series will be an offensive affair.