HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Brothers Kostitsyn. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=513522)

OneSharpMarble 05-04-2008 07:10 AM

The Brothers Kostitsyn.

These two are really amazing. I have never seen someone rush up the ice almost every shift like Sergei, the guy is a rocket and is constantly creating chances. Isn't it his first season aswell? And Andrei has a deadly shot, this guy is gonna be amazing next year.

Who thinks they are gonna beat the Sedin twins for points next year? I know its a big step but these two are really remarkable.

GKJ 05-04-2008 09:49 AM

I was mortified that no one drafted Sergei Kostitsyn until the last round of his draft year. Chris Bourque was a 2nd round pick on name alone. You'd think Sergei's name would get him better than the last round of the draft.

At that rate, I enjoy watching what the Kostitsyn brothers can do :handclap:

The n00b King 05-04-2008 11:00 AM

with experience, Sergei will learn to shoot more (he has a deadly precise wrist shot) and then...that will be an awesome duo.

Frankly i think they'll be better then the Sedins. Those guys took forever to come into their own...but they dont play the same kind of game...I think they'll have a greater impact on the game then those guys. Mind you...Vancouver doesnt really have any offense outside of those guys so....

Bad Natey 05-04-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 13986406)
I was mortified that no one drafted Sergei Kostitsyn until the last round of his draft year. Chris Bourque was a 2nd round pick on name alone. You'd think Sergei's name would get him better than the last round of the draft.

I'm honestly thinking a lot of scouts may not even of known that Andrei Kostitsyn had a brother .. and it's not like he had taken the NHL by storm yet.

Actually there was a story Trevor Timmins' told about discovering Sergei. They were actually just scouting Andrei to find some flaws in his game that they wanted him to work on .. and they noticed Sergei.

I'm thinking Belarus doesn't get a hell of a lot of scouts (5 or 6 drafted/draftable players in the last how many years).

Grabovski, Kostitsyn (x2), Stefonovich, then I think there was a defenseman in there too.

NHLcrazy 05-04-2008 11:05 AM

Andrei should shoot more often

Sergei should stop being fancy ALL the the time

Both are going to be really good players...still learning!

Ice Poutine 05-04-2008 11:07 AM

The Sergei Kostitsyn pick will go on as being one of the best pics ever. :handclap:

JGRB 05-04-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHLcrazy (Post 13987019)
Andrei should shoot more often

Sergei should stop being fancy ALL the the time

Both are going to be really good players...still learning!

He unleashes that shot of his more often, we'll have a 40 goal man on our hands. He needs to "ovechkin" it and just shoot every chance he can, he has one of best wrist/snap shots in the NHL in my opinion.

Bronn 05-04-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

You'd think Sergei's name would get him better than the last round of the draft.

Well , Andrei wasn't exactly etablished (was even struggling a bit) when we drafted Sergei so i don't think that his name was having any impact at all like let's say one of the Staal.

Galchenyum 05-04-2008 11:36 AM

Sergei is an incredible passer, his tape-to-tape cross-offensive zone passes always amaze me. Future 90 point guy for sure.

Andrei has great hands and a rocket shot with awesome accuracy, I have no doubt he'll be a 40 goal scorer eventually.

They both ahve awesome speed too and aren't afraid to play physical, or even drop the gloves.

They're amazing. :handclap:

Kriss E 05-04-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 (Post 13987275)
He unleashes that shot of his more often, we'll have a 40 goal man on our hands. He needs to "ovechkin" it and just shoot every chance he can, he has one of best wrist/snap shots in the NHL in my opinion.

The guy did net 26Goals this season after a slow start and not earning a regular roster spot after training camp.
Im pretty sure Gainey will try to find a center for a Kost duo. I don't think Plek or Koivu would be that great in between them. Both of the bros like control and create plays, we'd need a powerfoward type center between them.

Galchenyum 05-04-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 13987517)
The guy did net 26Goals this season after a slow start and not earing a regular roster spot after training camp.
Im pretty sure Gainey will try to find a center for a Kost duo. I don't think Plek or Koivu would be that great in between them. Both of the bros like control and create plays, we'd need a powerfoward type center between them.

Maybe Higgins could work?

Goldthorpe 05-04-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgins 21 (Post 13987554)

Or Chipchura...

SOLR 05-04-2008 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natey2k4 (Post 13987013)
I'm honestly thinking a lot of scouts may not even of known that Andrei Kostitsyn had a brother .. and it's not like he had taken the NHL by storm yet.

Actually there was a story Trevor Timmins' told about discovering Sergei. They were actually just scouting Andrei to find some flaws in his game that they wanted him to work on .. and they noticed Sergei.

I'm thinking Belarus doesn't get a hell of a lot of scouts (5 or 6 drafted/draftable players in the last how many years).

Grabovski, Kostitsyn (x2), Stefonovich, then I think there was a defenseman in there too.

Theres 2 more prospects than Stefanovich just this year, maybe it's something new but it seems like Belarus is either getting some more recognition after the Kostitsyn story or they are continually improving their production level of elite players.(more likely imo) I think Belarus is bound to become the 8th nation if they can maintain this path.(Denmark looks pretty good lately as well)

This year:

1st/2nd round material
Stefanovich

6th, 7th round material
Artem Demkov(a small winger)
Sergei Korolik(a huge forward already playing pro)

+2 more that are europe pro potentials.

I heard 2009 will be good as well

xeric716x 05-04-2008 12:47 PM

the experience both of them got this season plus the playoffs is going to do wonders

holyhabs87 05-04-2008 12:59 PM

i cant wait until sergei starts playing with a winger who will actually finish on his beautiful passes.

2 more great passes last game 1 to markov and 1 to higgins which should have been goals.

coolguy21415 05-04-2008 01:12 PM

Andrei needs to play on the right to actually become a better goalscorer. Generally speaking, he's got nothing to shoot at on the left because he's left-handed. Most of his goals are him going to center or driving from the right.

Stradale 05-04-2008 01:18 PM

I really cant wait to see those two having a complete season.

Erika 05-04-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

It's great to know that Sergei Kostitsyn got finally some recognition everywhere in the league :innocent: !! This guy is a beauty to watch, flying on the rush and making some insane tap to tap passes.

His offensive vision is just amazing and the kid just turned 21 :amazed: If only Higgins had better hands, Sergei would've probably had 3-4 more assists and the Habs might not be eliminated at this moment...

Next year, I wanna see the brothers together and Andrei needs to play on the RW.

S.Kostitsyn - Koivu - A.Kostitsyn
UFA - Plekanec - Kovalev
Higgins - UFA(Right handed shooter) - Kostopoulos
Latendresse - Chipchura - Lapierre

Kachino 05-04-2008 07:20 PM

The sequence that I have in my head right now is ....

Imagine any good play-by-play guy like Martin McGuire from CKAC saying this:

Sergei Kostitsyn gets the loose puck in the neutral zone. He accelerates and carries the puck on the right wing. He stickhandles a bit and look up. He makes a tape to tape pass to his brother in the high slot and Andrei scooooooooores! What a great pass by Sergei and what wrist shot by Andrei!

I think Habs' fans will hear that a lot of times in the future...

Suiteness 05-04-2008 07:24 PM

That 4th goal last night was insane, what a sick wrist shot. I had a good laugh looking at Biron probably wondering 'What the f$%^ just happened?'

brownman* 05-04-2008 07:29 PM

I really wouldn't describe Sergei as a rocket when he's got the puck (at all) but that will come as his body develops and even more so as his confidence improves.

HamrlikTheStud* 05-04-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgins 21 (Post 13987554)

Yeaaaaaaaaah..... of course... so every play they make will end up as a missed shot...

Nothing against Higgins, but I don't want him to get any offensive mission next year.

Habs10Habs 05-04-2008 07:37 PM

Just the fact that the Kostitsyn's are being mentioned in the same sentence as the Sedin's is quite impressive. They are not there quite yet, but IMO they have the potential to be equal if not better than the Sedins.