HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Lang To Detroit " A Done Deal " (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=51366)

dats-13 02-11-2004 10:57 AM

Lang To Detroit " A Done Deal "
 
FAN590: Lang to Detroit 'a done deal'

Oftentimes the sports radio equivalent of the New York Post, Toronto's FAN590-AM was reporting late Tuesday night that a trade that would bring Washington Capitals center Robert Lang to the Red Wings was 'a done deal', with only the minor details of the trade to work out.

While no other media outlets are making the same report, NHL GMs from all 30 teams are currently gathered in Las Vegas for meetings this week, making it a prime place to set the stage for trades between now and the March 9th deadline.

The Red Wings have scouted Lang off and on all season but have held off persuing Lang further because of the three years and $15 million remaining on his contract. Capitals GM George McPhee has stated recently that with the trade of Jaromir Jagr to the New York Rangers that he wouldn't have to trade Lang.




straight from my favorite source for wings news....letsgowings.com
not from a very reliable source

(also wings playoff ticket prices have been raised to make up for the Hasek disaster)

guinness 02-11-2004 11:01 AM

The Wings really need Lang why? He's having a career year and he's soft, not really the best Fedorov replacement.

dats-13 02-11-2004 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guinness
The Wings really need Lang why? He's having a career year and he's soft, not really the best Fedorov replacement.

it's Hollands doing...with Hasek out, that frees up some $$$$$$$$

also we need someone for the playoff push, and hopefully Lang can stay hot all throughout the playoffs....

DanStewartFC 02-11-2004 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dats-13
FAN590: Lang to Detroit 'a done deal'

Oftentimes the sports radio equivalent of the New York Post, Toronto's FAN590-AM was reporting late Tuesday night that a trade that would bring Washington Capitals center Robert Lang to the Red Wings was 'a done deal', with only the minor details of the trade to work out.

While no other media outlets are making the same report, NHL GMs from all 30 teams are currently gathered in Las Vegas for meetings this week, making it a prime place to set the stage for trades between now and the March 9th deadline.

The Red Wings have scouted Lang off and on all season but have held off persuing Lang further because of the three years and $15 million remaining on his contract. Capitals GM George McPhee has stated recently that with the trade of Jaromir Jagr to the New York Rangers that he wouldn't have to trade Lang.




straight from my favorite source for wings news....letsgowings.com
not from a very reliable source

(also wings playoff ticket prices have been raised to make up for the Hasek disaster)


I hope not ! Lang is the last thing we need. Holland should offer up a package for a Ryan Smyth type player if he is trying to make a move.

DanStewartFC 02-11-2004 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dats-13
it's Hollands doing...with Hasek out, that frees up some $$$$$$$$

also we need someone for the playoff push, and hopefully Lang can stay hot all throughout the playoffs....


I don't see how Hasek's injury free's up any dough. Our payroll is around 80 Million! What this team needs is a battler-in-the-corners type aquisition.

kira 02-11-2004 12:24 PM

This is all well and good, but the question is:

WHAT DID WE HAVE TO GIVE UP???

Grift69 02-11-2004 12:41 PM

Well knowing holland we at least gave up a first round pick. Probably gave Land a NTC too :joker:

Erack82 02-11-2004 12:43 PM

I really hope we don't get Lang, first off I think their money is better spent elsewhere. Secondly, Detroit needs some grit and jam, not ultra-soft Robert Lang. If he actually used his 6'3" body and had half a heart I wouldn't mind. Lang is so predictable because he always goes high glove. I really think Detroit would be better off with Jeff O'Neil.

Motown Beatdown 02-11-2004 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grift69
Well knowing holland we at least gave up a first round pick. Probably gave Land a NTC too :joker:



:lol: :lol:

I still find this really fishy. You would think one of the local radio stations would have said SOMETHING about this. so far i have heard nothing what so ever.

lustreking84 02-11-2004 12:53 PM

i dooubt this is gonna happen .... we're more likely to get zhamnov than lang.... i dont want either i think we're straight playing the way we are.... with the hasek ordeal over with and joseph being the decided #1 i bet you see the goalie play get better and hopefully you see cheli on the bench and dandy on the line again. both cheli and hasek want to come back next year well they can go to colorado turn the puck over and get injured over there for all i care.... enough is enough ...their old.... i mean look at them...their old!!!!!!!

Howard35 02-11-2004 12:56 PM

might as well say adios to a good prospect and our first for atleast this year.... Arg, i would have rather us get vic. kozlov or zhamnov who both would be cheaper (salary and value wise)

Motown Beatdown 02-11-2004 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetterberg40
might as well say adios to a good prospect and our first for atleast this year.... Arg, i would have rather us get vic. kozlov or zhamnov who both would be cheaper (salary and value wise)



what about Chris Gratton? He fits the bill as a big center. Sure he isn't a 1st line center, but would be a great depth center. Yes he is overpaid at 2.2 million. Thats less than half of what Lang would cost (salary wise)

Plus the Yotes have plenty of centers now with the addition of Comrie. Plus he is under 30 years old. Wait a second does Holland trade for guys under 30? :joker:

Scottgaf 02-11-2004 01:40 PM

Gratton
 
Yes, he would be great, but the Yotes would want a lot for him. The reason Lang works for Detroit is they shouldn't have to give up much to get him.

dats-13 02-11-2004 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erack82
I really hope we don't get Lang, first off I think their money is better spent elsewhere. Secondly, Detroit needs some grit and jam, not ultra-soft Robert Lang. If he actually used his 6'3" body and had half a heart I wouldn't mind. Lang is so predictable because he always goes high glove. I really think Detroit would be better off with Jeff O'Neil.

exactly what i have been saying all year, if we are going to give up a first and some prospects....get O'Neill!!!!

ParisSaintGermain 02-11-2004 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottgaf
Yes, he would be great, but the Yotes would want a lot for him. The reason Lang works for Detroit is they shouldn't have to give up much to get him.

I have no idea how much the Coyotes would want for him. He might not be as expensive as you think for a trade. Just for pure speculation, what would you give to have him?

Howard35 02-11-2004 03:07 PM

i agree. The yotes would want a lot in return for gratton since they "overpayed" and traded briere away for him. Only upside is that i doubt they would ask for briere since briere is kinda simular size wise to hudler and well maybe they wanted to big bigger. Who knows maybe would could con them into seeing kopecky could be a good big 3rd liner center someday, and throw in something else like a pick

Vincent Vega 02-11-2004 03:35 PM

Bye, bye 1st round pick. Bye, bye Jiri Hudler.

We dont need a player like Robert Lang. We need to go after someone like Jeff O'Neill, we dont even have to go after Jeff O'Neill! We need to get a big, gritty player who can actually play good hockey or 2 or maybe even 3. Chris Gratton isnt worth getting, he is overpayed, he isnt a very effective player and we would have to give up way to much to get him.

dats-13 02-11-2004 03:53 PM

still nothing about this on any major sites....

they are either

a.) still working out minor details ( which is what I think is going on )

b.) this is all fake

shelovesshanny 02-11-2004 04:22 PM

has anyone heard anything at all to actually confirm this? its like panning for gold, you know it might be out there but where. i take that back. this is more like panning for aluminum or maybe green plastic. oh by the way im new to posting here and id just like to thank everybody because this is where i get all my info from.

guinness 02-11-2004 04:31 PM

So much for that "done deal", nothing on TSN or ESPN (which is a good thing, IMO).

dats-13 02-11-2004 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelovesshanny
has anyone heard anything at all to actually confirm this? its like panning for gold, you know it might be out there but where. i take that back. this is more like panning for aluminum or maybe green plastic. oh by the way im new to posting here and id just like to thank everybody because this is where i get all my info from.

welcome! Always good to have another wings fan posting around here :yo:

dats-13 02-11-2004 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guinness
So much for that "done deal", nothing on TSN or ESPN (which is a good thing, IMO).

getting Lang in Detroit could be the best thing to happen or it could be an awful thing to happen....only time will tell...

Winger98 02-11-2004 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erack82
I really hope we don't get Lang, first off I think their money is better spent elsewhere. Secondly, Detroit needs some grit and jam, not ultra-soft Robert Lang. If he actually used his 6'3" body and had half a heart I wouldn't mind. Lang is so predictable because he always goes high glove. I really think Detroit would be better off with Jeff O'Neil.

That's better than Devereaux going high glass or Holmstrom going for the chest protector :joker:

Lang isn't my first choice (or even my third, really), but if the Wings get him off the CBA discount rack, I guess I wouldn't complain too much. He's not what's really needed, but he's still an upgrade.

Grift69 02-11-2004 06:29 PM

I'm totally agreeing with Dats-13 about the whole giving up a first and a top prospect at least get O'neill sentiment. O'neill actually uses his size, and can score an amazing amount of goals.

Henkka 02-11-2004 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nash61
We need to get a big, gritty player who can actually play good hockey or 2 or maybe even 3.

How about Rod Brind'amour?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.