HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Alexander Ponikarovsky... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=514582)

HAPPY HOUR 05-06-2008 06:59 PM

Alexander Ponikarovsky...

Good size. LW (6-4,200lbs). 18 goals and responsible in his own end. Turned 28 last month. I like the guys game. Always plays well against the Rangers.

Put him on Drurys left and Cally on the right and you have a nice third line. Heck, I think his skating and hands have him good enough to play with any of our centers if the need arises.

Not sure but didn't he played on a line with Sundin last season?

Should Slats inquire about big Al? What would the Leafs want in return?

I stay out of the trade proposal game, but I would guess that Slats (if interested ) would start with Prucha.

Cherepanisimov 05-06-2008 07:06 PM

i have no idea what they'd want but i'd love to get him on the rangers

squishy 05-06-2008 07:07 PM

Why would we want to trade for a 3rd liner when we already have half a dozen of them, and more to come from Hartford?

Nemchinov13 05-06-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR (Post 14025073)
Good size. LW (6-4,200lbs). 18 goals and responsible in his own end. Turned 28 last month. I like the guys game. Always plays well against the Rangers.

Put him on Drurys left and Cally on the right and you have a nice third line. Heck, I think his skating and hands have him good enough to play with any of our centers if the need arises.

Not sure but didn't he played on a line with Sundin last season?

Should Slats inquire about big Al? What would the Leafs want in return?

I stay out of the trade proposal game, but I would guess that Slats (if interested ) would start with Prucha.

Yup. Sundin, Antropov and Ponikarovsky. Monster (physically) line.

HAPPY HOUR 05-06-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squishy (Post 14025148)
Why would we want to trade for a 3rd liner when we already have half a dozen of them, and more to come from Hartford?

3rd liner? I was thinking about our 3rd line. Playing a season with Mats Sundin hardly suggests he is a only a 3rd line player.

We have 1/2 a dozen huge wingers who can pot 20 goals (3 years in a row by the way) who can kill penalties, and put a big body on opposing teams D-man.? Next year?

Trxjw 05-06-2008 07:31 PM

Ha, I was just about to make a thread about him.

See that kids? Read the board BEFORE making posts. :D

I'd love him on this team. He has size, and is good in his own zone. If we could get him to hit people, I'd be even more interested.

Plus, he might make Cherepanov's transition to NA a little easier. A Ponikarovsky - AA - Cherepanov line could do some damage.

I'm also a bit interested in Kubina. He's just so damn expensive.

The Thomas J.* 05-06-2008 08:12 PM

I have a feeling that no one team is going to be in a hurry to trade with the Rangers.

NYR Viper 05-06-2008 10:18 PM

i mentioned this about a week ago as i thought his size and speed and hands would work well with a player like gomez who could open up ice for him...

Fire Sather 05-06-2008 11:35 PM

Always liked Poni.. would love it

who knows what it would take..

how about a Poni-Gomez-Cherry line..size, speed, sniper..

Lundqvist=Vezina 05-07-2008 12:15 AM

No, Pochanksy. He really isn't that good of a goal scorer or point getter. He's never gotten more than 21 goals or 45 assists and people want him on the top line? Sorry, wouldn't give much at all for him.

NYR fan 2 05-07-2008 12:26 AM

35+ points 3 straight seasons. Seems like very solid third line numbers

danno2530 05-07-2008 12:52 AM

I'm not that crazy about Pocahontas. Those are decent 3rd line numbers, but I don't exactly think he's the type of player that's going to be the difference between actually getting past Round 2. If the price is cheap, sure, but I wouldn't go out of the way.

BDubinskyNYR17* 05-07-2008 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 (Post 14028157)
35+ points 3 straight seasons. Seems like very solid third line numbers

another big soft winger, no thanks. if anyone on leafs id take is Mark Bell. Bell plays centre and wing. How about Prucha for Bell and Boyd Devereaux. Bell has size goes to the net and sticks up for teammates. Devereaux seems like a renney type and guess who drafted him glen sather. and he can help the pk as well Sjostrom Betts Deveraux.

z1co80 05-07-2008 03:49 AM

there is only 1 player from the maple leafs i would be interested in and thats

tomas kaberle

dkatzism 05-07-2008 06:24 AM

Um, Alexei?

RangersFan 05-07-2008 06:37 AM

guys, he's big and has some skill but he's not the type of winger we need. he's not a power forward, he doesn't use his body to create space for himself, and he doesn't get goals in front of the net. though he does have some skill, but i just see him as another underachieving big soft winger.

Nemchinov13 05-07-2008 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danno2530 (Post 14028283)
I'm not that crazy about Pocahontas. Those are decent 3rd line numbers, but I don't exactly think he's the type of player that's going to be the difference between actually getting past Round 2. If the price is cheap, sure, but I wouldn't go out of the way.

um... just getting to the 2nd round next year would be extremely fortunate. But overall, I don't see Ponikarovsky as an impact player. Getting 18 goals while playing with Sundin is... well, not quite impressive.

GAGLine 05-07-2008 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangersFan (Post 14028920)
guys, he's big and has some skill but he's not the type of winger we need. he's not a power forward, he doesn't use his body to create space for himself, and he doesn't get goals in front of the net. though he does have some skill, but i just see him as another underachieving big soft winger.

You know who does? Dane Byers. Don't be surprised if he makes the team next year.