HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Maple Leafs acquire Berehowsky??? WHY? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=51486)

Firthbird 02-11-2004 04:34 PM

Maple Leafs acquire Berehowsky??? WHY?

Well.... from a Montreal Standpoint this is lovely to see. Once again the Leafs have traded Youth for Older Players. They just can't stop can they. Do you see the sense in Trading Jackman - 25 yrs. for Berehowsky- 32 yrs. :confused: I dont see the point. If they seriously think that they are going to win the cup then they are sadly mistakin. :joker:

Oh well,... I guess it's all well in the Land of Loafs... :joker:

BlueAndWhite 02-11-2004 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firthbird
Well.... from a Montreal Standpoint this is lovely to see. Once again the Leafs have traded Youth for Older Players. They just can't stop can they. Do you see the sense in Trading Jackman - 25 yrs. for Berehowsky- 32 yrs. :confused: I dont see the point. If they seriously think that they are going to win the cup then they are sadly mistakin. :joker:

Perhaps, just maybe, they view Berehowsky as a better player and a better fit than Jackman. You act like Jackman is a superior NHL player but in reality all he has proven to this point, is that he is a fringe d-man at best.

You seem so sure that the Leafs will not win the Cup this year, perhaps you might be mistaken.

Tuggy 02-11-2004 04:43 PM

Quote:

I would rather have Berehowsky over Jackman , they are bringing in depth on defense, wish our team would do the same.

Guy Caballero 02-11-2004 04:43 PM

Berehowsky may not be the perfect guy for them, but anyone is better than Jackman. That guy stinks. I say good deal for the Leafs.

Firthbird 02-11-2004 04:55 PM

Refering to the last 3 comments posted. I am not putting Jackman up like he is a superior player in the NHL. However, remember it takes longer for a Defenceman to develope than a forward. You also talk like Berehowsky is the ultimate deal and he'll bring leadership. The man has only played 22 career playoff games in his whole NHL career, and you'll say he'll bring leadership??? :confused: you must be mistakin my friends. To me Jackman has more upside, and could very well turn into a very decent player in the NHL.

As for me under estimating Toronto :confused: Well look at it this way. With the team they have now (age) that means they only have 1-3 years to win the cup. If you can seriously say that Toronto will be able to beat NJ, Philidelphia in the East, and Vancouver, Colorado, or Detroit in the Playoffs, then maybe you need your brain checked.

larek 02-11-2004 05:10 PM

Quote:

Refering to the last 3 comments posted. I am not putting Jackman up like he is a superior player in the NHL. However, remember it takes longer for a Defenceman to develope than a forward. You also talk like Berehowsky is the ultimate deal and he'll bring leadership. The man has only played 22 career playoff games in his whole NHL career, and you'll say he'll bring leadership??? :confused: you must be mistakin my friends. To me Jackman has more upside, and could very well turn into a very decent player in the NHL.

As for me under estimating Toronto :confused: Well look at it this way. With the team they have now (age) that means they only have 1-3 years to win the cup. If you can seriously say that Toronto will be able to beat NJ, Philidelphia in the East, and Vancouver, Colorado, or Detroit in the Playoffs, then maybe you need your brain checked.

As we saw last year anything can happen none of the 3 Western teams you mentioned didnt make it to the Finals

Fozz 02-11-2004 05:11 PM

Seriously, this is a very minor deal of one fringe NHL d-man for another. Hardly worth a thread at all on the Habs forum IMO.

Firthbird 02-11-2004 05:25 PM

Yes, those Teams in the West that I mentioned did not make it into the Finals last year, but you did not mention the teams I mentioned for the East. Toronto had to face Philidelphia last year, and couldn't handle them. So either way you look @ it, Toronto will have to face a better oponent, than itself! :teach:

Go Habs Go 02-11-2004 10:00 PM

Who cares, It's Drake freaking Berehowsky! If Berehowsky is the final piece of the puzzle for the Leafs then good for them, if Jackman becomes a decent defenseman in the future then they got robbed. Either way, it's a minor trade that is most likely not going to make a huge impact.

Dan K 02-12-2004 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeofWindsor
We will see.

I suppose you picked the Ducks to goto the finals last year?

Actually, I did :yo: . Easiest hockey pool win ever.

Habber 02-12-2004 07:28 AM

Quote:

Yes, those Teams in the West that I mentioned did not make it into the Finals last year, but you did not mention the teams I mentioned for the East. Toronto had to face Philidelphia last year, and couldn't handle them. So either way you look @ it, Toronto will have to face a better oponent, than itself! :teach:

The Leafs have just a good a shot at the Cup as Jersey or Philly. I don't know why you think TO is an inferior team, they're right at the top of the standings and have all the ingredients of a playoff team. Maybe you let your bias cloud your judgement but the Leafs have a contending team, and a strong one at that.

HABitude 02-12-2004 07:56 AM

Well, I think Toronto is a serious Cup contender. Recently I went to downtown Toronto and I took that picture of leafs fans who are getting ready for the Stanley Parade. Viva the celebrations!

http://www.umour.com/umour/photo/tropcon/78.jpg

:lol: :joker: :D

edit : je suis dégueulasse! Je me dégoute. :p

Moumni_Bachir 02-12-2004 08:13 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Berehowsky! Hey Toronto we have Gordie Dwyer if you want!

Moumni_Bachir 02-12-2004 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABitude
Well, I think Toronto is a serious Cup contender. Recently I went to downtown Toronto and I took that picture of leafs fans who are getting ready for the Stanley Parade. Viva the celebrations!

http://www.umour.com/umour/photo/tropcon/78.jpg

:lol: :joker: :D

edit : je suis dégueulasse! Je me dégoute. :p

Haaaaa...yark...bordel...elle est quand même cute non? :dunno:

#1 Habitant 02-12-2004 08:58 AM

Toronto got ripped off again. They might as well bring in as many 30+ under-achievers as they can. I seriously think that the Leaf brass are trying to mimic their 1967 Cup win. Imlach lives again! 1967 forever, Laff fans - je me souvien!! What a joke the blue and white are. They were closer to the Cup with Ballard than they are now. They haven't won the Cup in 37 years (including 2004); are the oldest team in the league with the oldest coach who actually had facial surgery done this year so the cameras could see his eyes; have a razor-sharp, stick-throwing centerman for their captain; keep a former drug-user as their #1 puckstopper, Mr. If-I-Not-Happy-I-Won't-Play-Well Belfour; whose real hero is Mr. Tie-I Like To Tackle Innocent Players Wearing Face Shields-Domi (Toronto's #1 sniper); have not produced a decent 1st round draft pick since forever; have not had a first-team allstar for the past 50 years; whose cupboard of top-rated prospects is all but bare, save for maybe Coliacovo; whose ranking for club prospects now sits around #24; a team that recently managed to get their first 100 point season because of the extra point from overtime. What a sad, deplorable state of affairs in Leaf Land.
Makes me so glad to be a Hab fan. What a contrast to a Hab team with the best front office in the business - Gainey, Savard, Gauthier, Timmins! What a contrast to a Hab team who has one of the brightest coaches to surface in recent years! What a contrast to a Hab team that is now ranked #1 in organizational prospects! What a contrast to a Hab team that has a Vezina-Hart candidate in goal, a Norris candidate on defence, a Jack Adams candidate behind the bench, etc. What a contrast to a Hab team whose future is as bright as the sunrise, even after the new CBA. What a contrast to a Hab team with so much up and coming talent, speed, and youth! GO HABS GO! I wonder, do all Leaf fans wear thongs?

Corey 02-12-2004 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir
Haaaaa...yark...bordel...elle est quand même cute non? :dunno:

Such a tiny black undergarment for such a vast, sprawling territory! Can it be melted down for lubricating oil or fuel?

Darz 02-12-2004 09:36 AM

I can't believe we are even discussing this trade here. I mean really, Jackman and Berehowsky are both fringe depth dman at best. Toronto moved one to acquire another one. If Berehowsky plays any serious amount of minutes with Toronto they are in trouble. Maybe less than if Jackman was playing those minutes, maybe more.

Very minor move hardly worth noting.

BlueBlood17 02-12-2004 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1 Habitant
Toronto got ripped off again. They might as well bring in as many 30+ under-achievers as they can. I seriously think that the Leaf brass are trying to mimic their 1967 Cup win. Imlach lives again! 1967 forever, Laff fans - je me souvien!! What a joke the blue and white are. They were closer to the Cup with Ballard than they are now. They haven't won the Cup in 37 years (including 2004); are the oldest team in the league with the oldest coach who actually had facial surgery done this year so the cameras could see his eyes; have a razor-sharp, stick-throwing centerman for their captain; keep a former drug-user as their #1 puckstopper, Mr. If-I-Not-Happy-I-Won't-Play-Well Belfour; whose real hero is Mr. Tie-I Like To Tackle Innocent Players Wearing Face Shields-Domi (Toronto's #1 sniper); have not produced a decent 1st round draft pick since forever; have not had a first-team allstar for the past 50 years; whose cupboard of top-rated prospects is all but bare, save for maybe Coliacovo; whose ranking for club prospects now sits around #24; a team that recently managed to get their first 100 point season because of the extra point from overtime. What a sad, deplorable state of affairs in Leaf Land.
Makes me so glad to be a Hab fan. What a contrast to a Hab team with the best front office in the business - Gainey, Savard, Gauthier, Timmins! What a contrast to a Hab team who has one of the brightest coaches to surface in recent years! What a contrast to a Hab team that is now ranked #1 in organizational prospects! What a contrast to a Hab team that has a Vezina-Hart candidate in goal, a Norris candidate on defence, a Jack Adams candidate behind the bench, etc. What a contrast to a Hab team whose future is as bright as the sunrise, even after the new CBA. What a contrast to a Hab team with so much up and coming talent, speed, and youth! GO HABS GO! I wonder, do all Leaf fans wear thongs?

Wow, I hope you feel better now.
You really should see a counsellor. :dunno:

Kudos to the rest of the Habs fans on here like Darz and others for actually having brains and perspective, unlike this yo-yo. :yo:

leafaholix* 02-12-2004 11:21 AM

Jesus.

Why is this trade even worth noting for you?

It's a depth move... garbage for trash.

Mathieu Lavergne 02-12-2004 11:25 AM

This is the Habs board, I don't know why this topic is here, you can go on the leafs board and the Trade board to discuss it if you want. A depth d-man for another with more experience is hardly something to write to his mom, let alone talking it on the HABS board. Looking at some of the posts of this thread, I don't think we need it to stay open.