HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Off-season (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=515727)

slightlystoopid 05-11-2008 02:30 AM

Off-season
 
I've improved my game greatly over the past two years in regards to hockey skills, but I feel that I need to work more on strength and speed building during my off-season. Basically, I can shoot and deke pretty decently, but I'm easy to bump off the puck and not very fast. I'm currently 6'0" and 165 pounds, and unfortunately because of the great amounts of time I spend on the ice I continue to lose weight.
Does anyone know what kind of workouts I can do at home to get built? I don't have anyone to take me to a gym or anything. I haven't gotten a straight-up answer from searching around the net so I hope someone can help me here. I can see my arms losing mass over time and I want to get some of the mass back while I'm at home.

Killer Sharkz 05-11-2008 03:22 AM

If you are as good as you say you are...then you should definately try to spend more time bulking up, cuz at 6' 165 lbs, you are going to have a lot of trouble getting to the next levels. Gym time would be best with high proteins, doing weights with low reps, high weight. 3 to 5 reps with the highest load you can take. Running hills or stairs to improve your leg strength, or skating/running with a parachute. If you do not have a lot of money then you can do a lot of upper body and lower body exercises at home...for example push ups with some sort of weight on your back...Isometric exercises are great too...be creative and if you look on the web, YOU CAN find plenty of exercises...good luck!

Crosbyfan 05-11-2008 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slightlystoopid (Post 14069956)
I've improved my game greatly over the past two years in regards to hockey skills, but I feel that I need to work more on strength and speed building during my off-season. Basically, I can shoot and deke pretty decently, but I'm easy to bump off the puck and not very fast. I'm currently 6'0" and 165 pounds, and unfortunately because of the great amounts of time I spend on the ice I continue to lose weight.
Does anyone know what kind of workouts I can do at home to get built? I don't have anyone to take me to a gym or anything. I haven't gotten a straight-up answer from searching around the net so I hope someone can help me here. I can see my arms losing mass over time and I want to get some of the mass back while I'm at home.

...and how old?

We'reGonnaWin* 05-11-2008 05:10 AM

1. Go to the gym several times a week.
2. Don't play hockey.
3. Play other sports.
4. ?????
5. PROFIT

deanosaur 05-11-2008 05:12 AM

pizza and beer for 2 weeks will help you gain the weight you need.

slightlystoopid 05-11-2008 06:05 PM

Sorry I didn't mention it before, I'm 16 right now and in tenth grade. Thanks for the replies by the way.

iceman17 05-12-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slightlystoopid (Post 14074828)
Sorry I didn't mention it before, I'm 16 right now and in tenth grade. Thanks for the replies by the way.

The pizza/beer should definitely help him then :sarcasm:

Balmer15 05-12-2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman17 (Post 14082664)
The pizza/beer should definitely help him then :sarcasm:

yeah...turn into an overweight alcoholic by the age of 17 :)

deanosaur 05-12-2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slightlystoopid (Post 14074828)
Sorry I didn't mention it before, I'm 16 right now and in tenth grade. Thanks for the replies by the way.

thats ok. you cant deny youve had beer by this point in life :P hahahaha
get someone to buy it.
and for the person who said turn him into alcholic at 17. no. i said pizza and beer for 2 weeks. after that then you might become overweight and an alcie.

Balmer15 05-12-2008 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deangamblin (Post 14086971)
and for the person who said turn him into alcholic at 17. no. i said pizza and beer for 2 weeks. after that then you might become overweight and an alcie.

That was intended to be a joke, it obviously wouldn't turn someone into an alchoholic in 2 weeks...but it would be a good reason to drink beer and eat pizza for 2 weeks!

deanosaur 05-14-2008 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balmer15 (Post 14087660)
That was intended to be a joke, it obviously wouldn't turn someone into an alchoholic in 2 weeks...but it would be a good reason to drink beer and eat pizza for 2 weeks!

i missed that... hahahaha
BUT YES. agreed but at the same time why stop at two weeks? haha

Balmer15 05-14-2008 01:00 PM

you dont want to roll down the ice do you?

actually it might be easier :sarcasm:

slightlystoopid 05-17-2008 07:16 PM

I never have drank and never do plan on doing so, but thanks for the suggestion :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.