HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Joe Colborne on RDS/TSN at 1PM today (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=515774)

Whitesnake 05-11-2008 11:43 AM

Joe Colborne on RDS/TSN at 1PM today

For anybody interested....

Thought it deserved its own thread to give a heads up to whoever want to watch that prospect.

Chomsky 05-11-2008 12:04 PM

Thanks a lot for the info. I will watch it for sure. :D

JeromeHP 05-11-2008 12:07 PM

Colborne #12 for the white team and whats up with that dude hair?lol

Chomsky 05-11-2008 12:44 PM

This game really blows... And Colborne is totally invisible.

Erika 05-11-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chomsky (Post 14072336)
This game really blows... And Colborne is totally invisible.

I agree... He didn't look impressive so far... completely invisible I must say... The guy isn't involve in the game... Looks like another big soft guy... ala Kevin Veilleux...

And the Commentator on RDS said that he was easilly the best player of the 2 teams... :shakehead

From what I've seen from now: Good hands, average speed, big body, doesn't go alot in the corners, soft, not very physical and not involve enough in the game.

Galchenyuk x 27 05-11-2008 01:06 PM

He;s playing with a seperated shoulder.

dont judge him untill you see him at 100%

Chomsky 05-11-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 14072505)

Ok thanks for the input. He sure looks injured..

Woland 05-11-2008 01:20 PM

Who is this guy ?? Did we draft him ???

Chomsky 05-11-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woland (Post 14072637)
Who is this guy ?? Did we draft him ???

No, but we might have a shot at drafting him.

I saw some sparks! He had a nice shift on the PP. Made a nice pass in the slot for a scoring chance, then he went behind the net, retrieved a missed pass by a teammate, and got a shot on goal.

chaosrevolver 05-11-2008 02:45 PM

My God that was an amazing save. Championship saving save. That was absolutely fantastic!!!!!!

Galchenyuk x 27 05-11-2008 02:54 PM

that save was INSANE!!!

Chomsky 05-11-2008 03:03 PM

He got lucky too tho. 'Cause the puck went right in his mitt, but nice arm positioning. Colborne got absolutely robbed!

Whitesnake 05-11-2008 05:00 PM

Great.....I give the heads up to the boys.....and I have to miss it....you know.....mother's day stuff.....:D

Just saw the 1st period....didn't see him that much but you have to love his defensive awareness on the PK and his faceoffs abilities. Good wheels as well, this kid can skate for a guy that tall.

Like most kids with that frame, needs to realize what he has and use it.

Only his inability to be physical and the fact that he's not playing against tougher opposition should affect his draft position. But he should get serious consideration in the end of the 1st round and guess who picks there....:D

Bronn 05-11-2008 05:04 PM

Beach >>>> Colborne

;)

Rahan 05-11-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 14074762)
Just saw the 1st period....didn't see him that much but you have to love his defensive awareness on the PK and his faceoffs abilities. Good wheels as well, this kid can skate for a guy that tall.

I watched a little piece of the game and it was enough to see him being responsible for one goal against on the PK.. I wasn't amazed.

Chomsky 05-11-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 14074762)
Great.....I give the heads up to the boys.....and I have to miss it....you know.....mother's day stuff.....:D

Like most kids with that frame, needs to realize what he has and use it.

Only his inability to be physical and the fact that he's not playing against tougher opposition should affect his draft position. But he should get serious consideration in the end of the 1st round and guess who picks there....:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 14072505)

Might have something to do with it.

I saw some sparks of greatness, some nice plays, lots of floating and a lack of intensity, but I can't blame a guy with that kind of injury for the 2 latters.

I just have the feeling after watching the game entirely ('Cause let's be fair, he was totally invisible in the first two periods), that he'll be even better at a higher level. I see a lot of his plays getting screwed by his D-men or forwards due to a lack of anticipation and vision, and I think that being surrounded by better players will help him to play his style more efficiently.

Chomsky 05-11-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Label (Post 14074821)
Beach >>>> Colborne

;)

Two very different players. And, yes, but not by a lot.

Freaky Habs Fan 05-11-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chomsky (Post 14074845)
Might have something to do with it.

I saw some sparks of greatness, some nice plays, lots of floating and a lack of intensity, but I can't blame a guy with that kind of injury for the 2 latters.

I just have the feeling after watching the game entirely ('Cause let's be fair, he was totally invisible in the first two periods), that he'll be even better at a higher level. I see a lot of his plays getting screwed by his D-men or forwards due to a lack of anticipation and vision, and I think that being surrounded by better players will help him to play his style more efficiently.

You might have a point...most of those players were far from good for a player who might reach the NHL. But still, even if his physical attributes are interesting, there will probably be other better choices when we pick...

habsdude 05-11-2008 10:04 PM

I watched the game, so I'll just give a quick recap of what i saw from Colborne

Pros: - Size obviously, at 6'5 190pds he has a lot to work with
- Very good skating stride, fast when he wants to be
- Excellent passing ability, made some very crisp passes
- Willingness to go in front of the net

Cons: - Lack of intensity, he seemed to just float around the ice alot today. He didnt get involved in the play and just waited for the puck to come to him it seemed
- Could be more physical considering his size, however he did throw a few checks
- Faceoffs. If my memory serves me correctly, he was pretty awful in the circle. He lost the majority of his draws

Overall, i wasn't very impressed by Colborne's performance today. What concerned me the most was definitely his lack of intensity and involvement in the play. If he was playing injured, i could possibly understand. However i did see flashes of his ability. Very big frame, smooth skater, good passer, and went to the front of the net often. He didnt utilize his shot often, so i cant comment on that. I can see the big potential in this prospect, however the lack of intensity really scared me.

Chomsky 05-11-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsdude (Post 14079515)
I watched the game, so I'll just give a quick recap of what i saw from Colborne

Pros: - Size obviously, at 6'5 190pds he has a lot to work with
- Very good skating stride, fast when he wants to be
- Excellent passing ability, made some very crisp passes
- Willingness to go in front of the net

Cons: - Lack of intensity, he seemed to just float around the ice alot today. He didnt get involved in the play and just waited for the puck to come to him it seemed
- Could be more physical considering his size, however he did throw a few checks
- Faceoffs. If my memory serves me correctly, he was pretty awful in the circle. He lost the majority of his draws

Overall, i wasn't very impressed by Colborne's performance today. What concerned me the most was definitely his lack of intensity and involvement in the play. If he was playing injured, i could possibly understand. However i did see flashes of his ability. Very big frame, smooth skater, good passer, and went to the front of the net often. He didnt utilize his shot often, so i cant comment on that. I can see the big potential in this prospect, however the lack of intensity really scared me.

what is wrong with you people? Can you read what Jaydee said like 20 inches higher??? Separated shoulders.

Good analysis nevertheless.