HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Eric Cole (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=516101)

I Am Chariot 05-12-2008 02:57 PM

Eric Cole

Ive heard some rumors the Canes may have Eric Cole on th block this summer. His cap hit is 4 million, not sure the length.

What do you guys think? He'd look great on Gomers wing imo and at 1/2 the price of the good Hossa

HockeyBasedNYC 05-12-2008 02:59 PM

Always liked Cole, he could be an option.

Maybe not exactly for Gomez, but either Gomez or Drury.

I Am Chariot 05-12-2008 03:01 PM

They'd want a top 4 D man + top prospect supposedly.

Toots + Anisimov ?

z1co80 05-12-2008 03:02 PM

i would love to get cole

BUT carolina needs help on defense do we have what they want? i dont think we do

SPG 05-12-2008 03:04 PM

Would love to see Cole on this team if a reasonable trade can be worked out.

I Am Chariot 05-12-2008 03:04 PM

Well they will ask for Staal. Will they settle for Tyutin and a top prospect?

z1co80 05-12-2008 03:08 PM

i think everyone asks for staal now, i bet davidson asked for him in the backman trade hahaha.

they can ask all they want but all they shall recieve is a kick in the stones and a swift **** off

RMcDonagh 05-12-2008 03:14 PM

Tyutin and High-End prospect?

No thanks.

I Am Chariot 05-12-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherapanov (Post 14085674)
Tyutin and High-End prospect?

No thanks.

Why not? Have to give to get.

HockeyBasedNYC 05-12-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chariot (Post 14085719)

And thats what itll take this offseason.

In a way the Rangers are better prepared to give up something to get something, more than the past 4 seasons.

Rangers fans are getting used to offseason signings and little trades while not giving up anything of real substance.

If the Rangers want to add some nice pieces and improve their team with or without Jagr (and it probably wont happen in the FA market IMO) they are going to have to give to get.

Its going to be a delicate balancing act with Sather this summer and it all starts with resigning Avery.

NYR Viper 05-12-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

i would do tyutin for cole straight up...maybe add a 5th rounder but i wouldnt add anisimov with tyutin for cole....he is injury prone

Ola 05-12-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chariot (Post 14085453)
Ive heard some rumors the Canes may have Eric Cole on th block this summer. His cap hit is 4 million, not sure the length.

What do you guys think? He'd look great on Gomers wing imo and at 1/2 the price of the good Hossa

I love Cole and he might actually be a option to replace Avery if Sean bolts. But if we pay Avery close to 4m I don't want to pay 4m to Cole.

At the same time, it must be smarter to pay Avery instead of letting him walk while trading for Cole, Canes won't give him away... While Slats pretty much gave Cullen back to them, but I doubt he got any favors to collect.

Bleed Ranger Blue 05-12-2008 03:51 PM

Would offer Tyutin and Prucha in a deal for Cole...and hope the 'Canes drink the Prucha kool-aid that some Ranger fans have been gulping for a couple years now.

RMcDonagh 05-12-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Get what exactly?

Who's going to replace Tyutin and his minutes? Yet another rookie?

Erik Cole isn't impressive. He's injury prone and has been declining year by year.

bobbop 05-12-2008 04:17 PM

I'd do Tyutin straight up for Cole. Fair considering age difference. Anyone have insight on Cole's character, leadership skills?

The Thomas J.* 05-12-2008 04:18 PM

31 years old 23 goals 29 Assists, not exactly stellar.

MidnightRanger 05-12-2008 04:31 PM

One of the most overrated players in the NHL who cannot create offense by himself and is injury prone. He is in the stretcher at least once a year and I don't see any improvement on that front.

No thanks. Why do people want to give away Anisimov like he is nothing? It really pisses me off how little people know about what the Rangers have in SOME of these kids around here.

Trxjw 05-12-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Thomas J. (Post 14086491)
31 years old 23 goals 29 Assists, not exactly stellar.

Puts him tied for 2nd on our team in goals, 4th in assists.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majoritystorm (Post 14086641)
One of the most overrated players in the NHL who cannot create offense by himself and is injury prone. He is in the stretcher at least once a year and I don't see any improvement on that front.

No thanks. Why do people want to give away Anisimov like he is nothing? It really pisses me off how little people know about what the Rangers have in SOME of these kids around here.

Generate offense on his own? Could have sworn this was a team sport. Not to mention the fact that you won't find many players who are better along the boards than Cole.

Anisimov is nothing to every other team in the league. Just because you have high expectations for him, doesn't suddenly increase his value. Not to mention he's the 5th center on this team as it stands right now behind Gomez, Drury, Dubi and Betts.

Inferno 05-12-2008 05:09 PM

i would slit my own throat if we got Cole. Words can not describe the levels of hate i hate for him.

Kendo 05-12-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 14087150)
i would slit my own throat if we got Cole. Words can not describe the levels of hate i hate for him.

Please, tell us how you really feel. :)

HenriksBetter 05-12-2008 06:41 PM

Cole would be a nice addition, especially on the PP, but he has been to injury prone the past few seasons. Not a gamble that i would like to take. If we are going to give up some of the youth you have to get pretty close to a sure thing in return.

AJ1982 05-12-2008 07:36 PM

I love Cole, but I don't know if he is quite what we're looking for.

The Thomas J.* 05-12-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno272 (Post 14087150)

Why Inferno? Who so angry, tell Uncle The Thomas J.

MidnightRanger 05-12-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 14086834)
Puts him tied for 2nd on our team in goals, 4th in assists.

Generate offense on his own? Could have sworn this was a team sport. Not to mention the fact that you won't find many players who are better along the boards than Cole.

Anisimov is nothing to every other team in the league. Just because you have high expectations for him, doesn't suddenly increase his value. Not to mention he's the 5th center on this team as it stands right now behind Gomez, Drury, Dubi and Betts.

Ok that is just moronic. You know this because?

He is actually one of the better all around center prospects in the NHL.

DaveG 05-12-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbop (Post 14086483)
I'd do Tyutin straight up for Cole. Fair considering age difference. Anyone have insight on Cole's character, leadership skills?

I can give some insight into that. He's always been a good character guy here in Carolina. Very well liked in the locker room here, and among the fan base. I can't recall the guy ever getting into any kind of legal trouble here with the Canes. As for leadership skills, I'm not sure. Eric Staal looks to him as something of a mentor but the guy just hasn't been given a shot to wear a letter here. Part of that is because of some of the guys Carolina has had or still has that have more experience (Francis, Brind'Amour, Wesley, Whitney, Hedican) but speculation is that some of it is due to the belief that he will be gone after his contract expires next season.

As for Tyutin, I'm not sure, really I'm not sure the Rangers are a good fit in a trade here. Rutherford is big on one-for-one deals, I doubt he'd go for Tyutin for Cole straight up and I think there's absolutely no chance Sather goes for a Staal for Cole trade.