HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The official 2008 Habs board mock draft! (3 rounds) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=516175)

Habsfan18 05-12-2008 05:54 PM

The official 2008 Habs board mock draft! (3 rounds)

last years.. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...abs+mock+draft

- First come first serve basis for teams.

- I took the first round order from the mock draft board. If any corrections should be made let me know.

- For the 2nd and 3rd rounds, i'll just take the previous round order and flip it. In a scenario where a team had the 1st round pick from a trade..the original team will get the 2nd and 3rd round picks. Some may not like this format but it's the easiest way imo. This way, all teams get atleast 2 picks.

- When making your selection. Please state a reason with a GM-like quote.

- Each team has 12 hours to make their selection. If you don't make a selection, we'll pick a poster who'll make the selection for you. Of course we don't want everyone taking that long..it's just to play it safe.

- If you know you won't be around for awhile, please PM me or another poster with a list of who you want with your selection.

- The draft will start when we have all participating posters.

- AFTER YOU MAKE YOUR SELECTION PLEASE PM THE NEXT POSTER WHO'S UP IN THE DRAFT.

-------------------------------------

Anaheim - Kaptain Begin
Atlanta - Erik Estrada
Boston - Le depisteur
Buffalo - BlackMarvel
Calgary - Komi#1
Carolina - ZeRo.0
Chicago - Freaky Habs Fan
Colorado - Whitesnake
Columbus - kostitsyn1489
Dallas - ASSAF HABS AWISS
Detroit - peewee
Edmonton - natey2k4
Florida - habfan1958
LA - C-Saku Koivu MTL
Minnesota - giovanni
Montreal - Garnet
Nashville - VanNistelrooy
New Jersey - hsing
NYI - Garo
NYR - watsatheo
Ottawa - Schooner Guy
Phildelphia - Montreal Russians
Phoenix - Habsfan18
Pittsburgh - Habs 4 Life
San Jose - le_sean
St.Louis - markov79fan
Tampa Bay - eliash
Toronto - 79 Andrei Marcoux
Vancouver - Rapmaster
Washington - korky00
----------------------------------------

1. Tampa Bay - Steven Stamkos

2. Los Angeles - Drew Doughty
"We are very pleased to select Drew as we think he is the best and most ready player available. We believe he can compete for a NHL roster spot right away and are looking foward to see him in a Kings uniform."

3. Atlanta - Nikita Filatov
"Nikita will bring our club much needed top-end offensive talent. He's a mature kid that will fit right in our dressing room with among others, fellow countryman, Ilya Kovalchuk looking forward to welcome him."

4. St. Louis - Zach Bogosian
"we feel with bogosian and fellow american erik johnson we have a 1-2 punch on defense that few team could rivals in the future!"

5. NY Islanders - Alex Pietrangelo
"Real tough choice there, as we had three players pretty close to each other. In the end, we decided to take the blue-chip, two-way talent who could do wonders for our team."

6. Columbus - Luke Schenn
"We just feel like Luke the best defencemen in the draft. We feel like we can build around a guy like him. He logs alot of minutes and he's been a premier shut down guy everywhere he played. He's a born leader, that brings grit and intensity on every shifts. He's a really smart player on and off the ice. We also beleive he's one of the guy in this crop that could jump in the NHL right away and be effective at that level. That's rare for a young defencemen like he is."

7. Toronto - Colin Wilson
"We want to take a new direction. Colin is a great two-way player, we really love his all-around game. We think that we got one of the most complete player in the draft and he was the pick that we were looking for since the beginning."

8. Phoenix - Tyler Myers
"Tyler is a huge speciman that we feel has an unlimited amount of potential on the back end. He's a great skater that will fit in well in our system here in Phoenix. With Ballard, Michalek, Summers and now Myers, we feel we're set on D for years to come."

9. Nashville (from Florida) - Cody Hodgson
"Cody is a smart forward with a above-average hockey sense. It will be a beauty to watch him play with skilled forward around him like Alexander Radulov in the future".

10. Vancouver - Kyle Beach
"He's a big forward with skill and toughness. He is a dominant player with an edge and he will only get better."

11. Chicago - Mikkel Boedker
"Mikkel is a speedy winger who will fit well in our young group of players. With his skill level, it's gonna be a beauty to see him alongside Patrick and Johnathan "

12. Anaheim (from EDM) - Luca Sbisa
"We're happy to select Sbisa. He was a rising player in the couple of months before the draft. He really make stides in his devellopement trough the year. His great playoff convinced us. He's a good all-around defender with speed and not affraid of physical play. We feel he will be able to keep the level of play he shown in playoff and be part of our defensive corps with Mark Mitera in a couple of years. With guys like Niedermayer and Schneider near their retirement and O'Donnell and Pronger over 30, we feel we need a strong defensive prospect group. It's why we choose a defenseman over guys like Boychuck or Bailey."

13. Buffalo - Zach Boychuk
"We could not believe it when we saw that he had fallen to us. Zach is an extremely talented young man who takes his game after our former star center Daniel Briere. Recent experiences on this team have showed that size is not a major issue in the NHL and we hope that this young man will follow in the same vein."

14. Carolina - Michael Del Zotto
"We feel that Michael is the best player available at this point. Our prospect pool is likely one of, if not the weakest in the league, and because we drafted a Center, Brandon Sutter, last year, we decided to look towards the blue line this year."

15. Nashville - Colten Teubert
"Colten is a great addition to our prospect pool, since we always lack great defensemen with a presence on the ice. Teubert fills exactly that need."

16. Boston - Joshua Bailey
"A cerebral player, Bailey has a work ethic unrivalled by any of his teammates. He is the first one in the offensive zone and the first one back to defend. Bailey reacts and processes the game quickly, coupled with his versatile skill set that enables him to play with any set of linemates. Joshua managed 96 pts in 67 games in the OHL this year and a very good +30."

17. Calgary - Mattias Tedenby
"We're very pleased to be able with our pick to get a player with that kind of talent... Mattias was very high on our list...We really think he is one of the most talented player in this draft...This young guy got speed...He does everything at 100 miles per hour...We cant wait to see him on our top 2 lines"

18. Ottawa - Nicholas Deschamps
"In Deschamps, we feel we landed a speedy, hard working two-way center with good hands and a great attitude. Nicolas bursted out of nowhere and took the Q by storm this season. He then continued his terrific season overseas by playing a key role in Team Canada's World Under-18 championship. We look forward to seeing continued progress from Nicolas in the Senators system."

19. Washington - John Carlson
"We felt like he would be a very solid two way Defensement who could be a nice addition to Mike (Green) and Karl (Azner).We had targetted him from the very beginning and we are obviously pleased that he was still available. We think he could graduate sooner than later to our club and hope that he will become this team's PP quarterback along with Mike Green."

20. Minnesota - Tyler Cuma
"We believe that Tyler Cuma will be a sold top 4 defencman in the NHL and will compelment Brent Burns and Nick Schultz in the future. He plays a sound defensive game that could translate into offensive rushs. We also believe that he has the abilty to be a PP quaterback in the NHL."

21. New Jersey - Greg Nemisz

22. Edmonton (from Anaheim) - Andrew Clark

23. Columbus (from Colorado) - Mikhail Stefanovich

24. NY Rangers - Joe Colborne
"Colborne brings an impressive package of size, skill, and speed for such a big player. As is the case with most budding power forwards, the team that drafts him will have to be patient. With the current depth at centre, we feel this could pay off in the long run and are willing to wait. FWIW we were intrigued by the availability of a defenseman this late in the draft."

25. Montreal - Justin Jokinen
"His size, work ethic, and shooting ability will help Montreal down the middle for years to come."

26. Buffalo (from SJ) - Aaron Ness
"Aaron is a skilled and very creative defencemen. Even though of lesser size then average, his speed and agility allow him to maneuver easily through traffic. He has above average hockey sense and is dynamite offensively. He's definitely a prototypical post lockout defencemen. A guy whom we could see in the long run quarterbacking our power play and being a force in his own zone."

27. Philadelphia - Erik Karlsson
"We like his skill set. We believe that even though he is short in stature; he will be a force defensively like Kimmo Timonen. This pick will make a big difference in our transition game, and will also improve the intelligence of our top 6 in the next few years."

28. Los Angeles (from Dallas) - Colby Robak
''We feelt he was the BPA and our needs for defenceman made that pick much easier. We Like Colby mix of size and skating and believe he could round out well our top 4 along with Johnson, Hickey and Doughty.''

29. Atlanta (from Pittsburgh) - Jake Gardiner
"Jake is an extremely swift skating D. He has great vision and playmaking ability. Jake was recently converted to D and has just undergone a growth spurt. He'll be going to Wisconsin U next season."

30. Detroit - Jyri Niemi
"We believe this guy could improve our depth at the D. He showed a good improvement throughout the season."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

31. Nashville Predators(From TB) - Maxime Sauve
"We really want to have more punch upfront and this skilled forward sounds like the perfect choice. He didn't get much icetime in Québec pu he literally exploded in Val d'Or. We are really happy to get him in Nashville".

32. Los Angeles Kings - Jordan Eberle

33. St.Louis Blues(From Atlanta) - Zac Dalpe
"we feel like zac is one of the most underated players in this draft who work really hard every shift and skate really well"

34. St. Louis Blues - Chet Pickard
"we feel chet is the best goalie in this draft and we really need a top goalie prospects in our prospect pool"

35. New York Islanders - Mitch Wahl
"We think Wahl has not only a tremendous skillset, but also the will to be a very good player in the NHL for a long time. He's the type of player we want on our team to go to the next level."

36. Columbus Blue Jackets - Micheal Stone
"Micheal Stone is really complete and mature physically as a defencemen. He can hurts you with his hits just as much as with his wrist shots from the point. He needs to work on his foot speed, but we feel like he can get that to NHL level before reaching pros and beside that he has good upside everywhere. He's got a good first pass good positioning, he knows how to play the man and he can also be an asset on the PP. He loves to shoot the puck."

37. Phoenix Coyotes(From Toronto Maple Leafs) - Anton Gustafsson
"We feel Anton can eventually step into our lineup in a top 6 role and be a good two-way player. He's physical, has great speed and acceleration, and is a good puckhandler."

38. Phoenix Coyotes - Yann Sauve
"Yann has the potential to have a good, long NHL career. He's a good defensive defenseman and he has good size. He plays a very safe game, and that's what we want."

39. Florida - Cory Trivino

40. Vancouver Canucks - Kirill Petrov

41. Ottawa Senators(From Chicago) - Thomas McCollum

42. Anaheim Ducks(From Edmonton Oilers) - David Toews

43. Buffalo Sabres - Jared Staal

44. Carolina Hurricanes - Jimmy Hayes

45. Nashville Predators - Danick Hudon-Paquette

46. Boston Bruins - Jacob Markstrom

47. LA Kings(From Calgary) - Vjateslav Voinov

48. Phoenix Coyotes(From Ottawa Senators) - Johan Motin

49. Colorado - Cody Goloubef

50. New York Rangers - Evgeny Grachev

51. New Jersey Devils - James Wright

52. NYI(From Anaheim) - Tyler Ennis

53. Washington Capitals - Jamie Arniel

54. Minnesota Wild - Patrice Cormier

55. Montreal Canadiens - Eric O'Dell

56. Washington Capitals(From San Jose Sharks) - Cory Fienhage

57. Washington Capitals(From Philadelphia Flyers) - Nick Larsan

58. Dallas Stars - Philip McRAE

59. Toronto Maple Leafs(From Pittsburgh Penguins) -

60. LA Kings(From Detroit Red Wings) -

Erik Estrada 05-12-2008 05:58 PM

I'll take Atlanta for 600, Alex.

Watsatheo 05-12-2008 05:59 PM

Rangers. (I don't want to ruin the Habs)

C-Saku Koivu MTL 05-12-2008 06:00 PM

I'll let the Habs to a better person. I'll take the Kings.

C-Saku Koivu MTL 05-12-2008 06:04 PM

The Kings have Dallas 1st round pick from the Norstrom trade at last year deadline if i'm not mistaken.

VanNistelrooy 05-12-2008 06:15 PM

I'll take Nashville.

Garnet 05-12-2008 06:19 PM

I'll take the habs!!

One Trick Pony 05-12-2008 06:21 PM

I take tampa and trade my 1st pick for the habs 1st pick and dandenault

kostitsyn1489 05-12-2008 06:29 PM

I'll go with Columbus.

Rise from the Ashes 05-12-2008 06:33 PM

I will take Philly

Garo 05-12-2008 06:36 PM

Wouldn't mind the Islanders.

Freaky Habs Fan 05-12-2008 06:39 PM

Chicago

BlackMarvel 05-12-2008 06:45 PM

I`ll take the sabres plz

Rapmaster 05-12-2008 06:47 PM

Vancouver for me

JeromeHP 05-12-2008 06:51 PM

Give me the predateur de nashville! Lol love that idea! cant wait to get going

ChuckyToGally 05-12-2008 06:57 PM

I'll take the Leafs!

Habsfan18 05-12-2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markov79fan (Post 14088274)
Give me the predateur de nashville! Lol love that idea! cant wait to get going

sorry, but Nashville is taken.

What other team would you like?

VanNistelrooy 05-12-2008 07:02 PM

My Jed Ortmeyer auction are officialy ON.

I want nothin' less than a first and a second.

Rise from the Ashes 05-12-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux (Post 14088351)
I'll take the Leafs!

:amazed:

Subban Fan 05-12-2008 07:05 PM

I'll take Calgary...

Habsfan18 05-12-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy (Post 14088410)
My Jed Ortmeyer auction are officialy ON.

I want nothin' less than a first and a second.

sheesh..talk about overpayment....

Mueller, Hanzal, Lisin 1st (2008) and 2nd (2009)?

korky00 05-12-2008 07:09 PM

I work full time during the day but I'm willing to take Washington if that,s okay with you...

Habsfan18 05-12-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korky00 (Post 14088498)
I work full time during the day but I'm willing to take Washington if that,s okay with you...

no problem.

I work 11:30am-8:00pm tuesday through saturday, so people with full time jobs can just send someone a list if they don't think they'd make the 6 hour deadline.

giovanni 05-12-2008 07:12 PM

I'll take minnesota.

korky00 05-12-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 14088520)
no problem.

I work 11:30am-8:00pm tuesday through saturday, so people with full time jobs can just send someone a list if they don't think they'd make the 6 hour deadline.

perfect...Washington for me then

and tell the leafs i've got no interest for the job ;)