HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Thrashers Not Buyers, but Sellers? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=51672)

Hockey Mojo 02-12-2004 11:12 AM

Thrashers Not Buyers, but Sellers?

With Hurricanes and the Ducks about to surpass the Thrashers in the points column, which would put the Thrash picking at the 5th position in this years draft. What players are exspendable to teams seeking a playoff run?

Peter Sidorkiewicz 02-12-2004 04:57 PM

I think most teams would be asking for McEachern and Kozlov due to their experience but I don't think DW will deal any of them. Other players like Kaberle and Sutton would also be in demand but are too important for Atlanta so I doubt whether we see any thrashers players shipped out.

ATLThrashers15 02-12-2004 05:25 PM

Kaberle is like 1 year away from being an UFA, why not trade him if you can.

Holly Gunning 02-12-2004 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
I think most teams would be asking for McEachern and Kozlov due to their experience but I don't think DW will deal any of them.

Oh, don't be so sure. I'd put my money on one of them being gone by the deadline.

Lyons71 02-12-2004 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLThrashers15
Kaberle is like 1 year away from being an UFA, why not trade him if you can.

You couldn't trade Kaberle for a bag of pucks. It's almost as if he's playing for the other team. (his play as of late) With the Kovalchuk benching for not dumping it in, howabout benching Kaberle for letting opposing forwards go by him?

Hockey Mojo 02-12-2004 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollyG
Oh, don't be so sure. I'd put my money on one of them being gone by the deadline.

I agree! What has DW always preached, "As long as we are a better time tomorrow than we are today", he'll make the trade!

ATLThrashers15 02-12-2004 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollyG

Especially with the contract each have, they are very good, and philly is down a little bit slim on forwards, maybe one of them and a 2nd rounder for Joni Pitkanen.

Vyacheslav 02-13-2004 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLThrashers15
Especially with the contract each have, they are very good, and philly is down a little bit slim on forwards, maybe one of them and a 2nd rounder for Joni Pitkanen.

I'd be very surprised to see Philly trade away Pitkanen. If so, I imagine they would want McEachern, Kozlov doesn't seem like the typical Bobby Clarke kinda player.

Hockey Mojo 02-13-2004 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vyacheslav
I'd be very surprised to see Philly trade away Pitkanen. If so, I imagine they would want McEachern, Kozlov doesn't seem like the typical Bobby Clarke kinda player.

Yea, Philly would not trade away Pitkanen and Mac fits better into Clarkes style of hockey. If a trade with Philly was made, you would probably see Carter/Richards and a pick come back our way.

btn 02-13-2004 09:38 AM

Right now DW is the one taking the calls from other GM's. I am sure there will be some movement, however the Thrashers are much deeper at D than at F right now. I would bet that DW moves a defenseman or two for a forward prospect and picks.

Vyacheslav 02-13-2004 12:21 PM

If McEachern does get traded, who would be the next captain? Or would they go with three alternates for the rest of the season?

heat_15 02-14-2004 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vyacheslav
If McEachern does get traded, who would be the next captain? Or would they go with three alternates for the rest of the season?

While Heatley is the obvious choice for wearing the "C" in the future, I say the team needs to give Savard the nod. This guy is the real deal. When no one on the Rags understood what they had, they let it go and he's now our advantage. The good news is that we have yet another of the Rags' "throwaways" in Ron Petrovicky. May he wear an "A" someday soon!!! :yo:

Peter Sidorkiewicz 02-16-2004 09:38 PM

Here's an article from the ajc saying that Waddell is not looking to dump players:
http://www.ajc.com/thrashers/content...4/17notes.html

Also interesting is that DW will look to add players at the deadline that will help the team for the future. I guess that rules out a move for Zhamnov or an experienced d-man that the thrashers sorely needs.