HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Florian Busch (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=516733)

JoeLH 05-14-2008 07:22 PM

Florian Busch

According to a german source the Predators are offering versatile forward Florian Busch, who was a member of Team Germany at the WC, a contract for the next season.

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/telegr...t=4533384.html

Enoch 05-14-2008 07:22 PM

Who/What/Where?

Anyone have any information on this guy?

burythehatchet 05-14-2008 07:57 PM

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=70511

He looks like he'd be decent.

harry 93 05-14-2008 08:02 PM

First of all "Bild" is yellow press so it might be not too accurate...German TV also mentioned talks between the Predators and Busch during a broadcast of a german WC game.

Busch himself is a hard working two way forward with quite soft hands. He really got his game to a higher level during the last two seasons but imo he is still far away from being a NHL regular. But he'd be a solid addition for Milwaukee. Let me add that he's playing at about the same level like Alexander Sulzer (even if you can't compare a forward and a dman).

Seth Lake 05-14-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry 93 (Post 14112254)
First of all "Bild" is yellow press so it might be not too accurate...German TV also mentioned talks between the Predators and Busch during a broadcast of a german WC game.

Busch himself is a hard working two way forward with quite soft hands. He really got his game to a higher level during the last two seasons but imo he is still far away from being a NHL regular. But he'd be a solid addition for Milwaukee. Let me add that he's playing at about the same level like Alexander Sulzer (even if you can't compare a forward and a dman).

Sulzer IMO is less than a year away from being in the NHL full-time. I believe he will be a key recall from Milwaukee this season if a defenseman is needed.

zecke26 05-15-2008 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry 93 (Post 14112254)

far away? why do you think so? i think he's pretty close to the NHL. he has everything you need to play there. he's an all-around package with attitude. he was one of the best players for team germany at the WC, he was one of the best player in berlin (german champion), so he's already at a high level. he might need a year in the AHL, but you could already throw him into the NHL if needed.

harry 93 05-15-2008 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zecke26 (Post 14115833)
far away? why do you think so? i think he's pretty close to the NHL. he has everything you need to play there. he's an all-around package with attitude. he was one of the best players for team germany at the WC, he was one of the best player in berlin (german champion), so he's already at a high level. he might need a year in the AHL, but you could already throw him into the NHL if needed.

It depends on what you expect from a guy like him. You could easily give him 4th line duties but is this really something that Busch would help? He can only develop if he gets icetime. He got plenty of it in Berlin and that is why he got his game at a higher level. I can't see him playing more than 6-10 min/game in the NHL because his skill level isn't high enough to crack 2nd line duties (yet). He would certainly profit from another year in either the DEL (which is unlikely because he'll get suspended at some point) or the AHL. Take a look at the first two lines of the Predators:

(Hlavac if resigned)/UFA/Radulov-Arnott-Dumont
Erat-Legwand-Sullivan

Don't forget guys like Bonk (even if his game decreased - he's a proven veteran), Fiddler, Nichol, Peverley...the Preds also have Antti Pihlström in their system who plays a similar style like Busch...it'll be tough for him - at least in the 08/09 season.

zecke26 05-15-2008 07:36 AM

i don't see a spot for him on the preds team in 08/09 too, but that doesn't mean that he couldn't play there. :)

i agree that another year of quality ice-time would be extremely helpful. so the AHL would be a very good choice. but the question is where would you project him? i think he could develop into a decent 3rd liner with high-energy and scoring ability. that's where he would fit in the NHL. he's not an outstanding talent, but he's solid and his attitude helps him a lot.
i would love to see him on a line with pihlstrom. they should fit together extremely well.

harry 93 05-15-2008 07:56 AM

He is to skilled to become a lifetime 4th liner but I think he would have to start on the bottom line in order to earn more icetime.

Chapin Landvogt 05-22-2008 04:26 PM

I've heard this too.

I will say this, Busch has some skills and many people here were a wee bit surprised that he didn't get drafted. In fact, in his draft year, his coach Pierre Pagé, former Nordiques and North Stars coach, said, "If Busch isn't drafted, then the scouts/NHL don't know what the heck they're doing".

He wasn't, but he's continued to develop and has as good a shot at making it in North America as any non-drafted German would.

worstfaceoffmanever 05-25-2008 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry 93 (Post 14115992)
(Hlavac if resigned)/UFA/Radulov-Arnott-Dumont
Erat-Legwand-Sullivan

Don't forget guys like Bonk (even if his game decreased - he's a proven veteran), Fiddler, Nichol, Peverley...the Preds also have Antti Pihlström in their system who plays a similar style like Busch...it'll be tough for him - at least in the 08/09 season.

If Hlavac is on our first line next year over Radulov, Trotz should just go commit harrakiri (or however you spell it in English). Hlavac was a band-aid to replace Gelinas who exceeded expectations but we don't really have the room to keep him. Or Gelinas, for that matter.

Also, take Sullivan off that second line. I seriously doubt he ever plays a competitive hockey game again. Hornqvist will likely take the spot but they may sign a free agent as a backup plan (no, I don't think it will be Hlavac).

Our forward corps should look like this:

Dumont-Arnott-Radulov
Hornqvist/FA-Legwand-Erat
Pihlstrom-Nichol-Tootoo (now THAT is entertainment! :laugh:)
Fiddler-Smithson-Peverley/Ortmeyer (one of these two stays, the other goes on waivers)
Hordichuk, Bonk

Busch won't fit this year, but if he's willing to sign a multi-year deal and get a crack at the NHL down the line, we have a few spots opening up next season... 5, to be exact. Though more likely 3 or 4, as Nichol will likely be brought back and Fiddler might (though I wouldn't be totally sure as to why...). If Florian plays like Pihlstrom, he should get a look at the roster next year.

This is all provided, of course, that he signs a contract. ;)

Joe T Choker 05-25-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 14206516)
If Hlavac is on our first line next year over Radulov, Trotz should just go commit harrakiri (or however you spell it in English). Hlavac was a band-aid to replace Gelinas who exceeded expectations but we don't really have the room to keep him. Or Gelinas, for that matter.

Also, take Sullivan off that second line. I seriously doubt he ever plays a competitive hockey game again. Hornqvist will likely take the spot but they may sign a free agent as a backup plan (no, I don't think it will be Hlavac).

Dumont-Arnott-Radulov
Fiddler-Smithson-Peverley/Ortmeyer (one of these two stays, the other goes on waivers)
Hordichuk, Bonk

Busch won't fit this year, but if he's willing to sign a multi-year deal and get a crack at the NHL down the line, we have a few spots opening up next season... 5, to be exact. Though more likely 3 or 4, as Nichol will likely be brought back and Fiddler might (though I wouldn't be totally sure as to why...). If Florian plays like Pihlstrom, he should get a look at the roster next year.

This is all provided, of course, that he signs a contract. ;)

thank god someone that somewhat agrees with me ... NO HLAVAC!!!!

Enoch 05-25-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 14206516)

Dumont-Arnott-Radulov
Hordichuk, Bonk

I actually think the roster would look more like this if Sullivan is excluded:

Dumont - Arnott - Radulov
Hornqvist - Legwand - Erat
Peverly - Bonk - Fiddler
Pihlstrom - Nichol - Tootoo
Bench: Ortmeyer, Smithson

Hordichuk is a free agent I believe. I also think Bonk and Fiddler will receive more ice time than Nichol/Tootoo at even strength.