HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   S. Kostitsyn next year (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=518092)

Judge Sauer* 05-20-2008 10:24 AM

S. Kostitsyn next year

The unheralded 7th round pick of the London Knights.
It's safe to say that he has a spot on the team next season, question is, where do you think he'll spend a majority of his time? Will he keep his spot with Koivu and Higgins or will a UFA RW take his spot bumping him down to the third? I'm quite sure that would be the only thing at this point that can bump him to third line duties.
The guy is 5,11 190 and looks like he's friggin 13 but doles out hits and has gotten into a couple fights.
27 Points in 52 games for the Habs this year
8 Points in 12 games for his first NHL playoff experience
He's signed for two more season with an amazing cap hit for the team

Kosty rocking Downey in the OHL

Kosty fighting Kobasew (Wow, he got nailed with a good left at the end)

Awesome display of playmaking

What do you guys figure his future position with the Habs are? Any chance of earning an A come 5 years? Will he become a physical playmaker? (not to be confused with a powerforward). What's he doing this summer?
we've got one thread on Lats, so I figured this thread would be OK to go through. My apologies if not.

le_sean 05-20-2008 10:28 AM

Art Ross next year. 147 points. Selke...

Oh sorry I thought I was JMMR for a second.

Galchenyuk x 27 05-20-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_sean (Post 14166810)
Art Ross next year. 147 points. Selke...

Oh sorry I thought I was JMMR for a second.

u forgot maurice richard trophy and the hart

Licou 05-20-2008 10:30 AM

The sky is the limit with that kind of upside from such a young and creative player.

Nit picking against him though would be : he is a little bit on the small side, and such intense style of play for a finesse guy can easily put a player in the IR more often than not.

But aside from that, his passing is already fantastic, he has a fricking hard wrist shot, that he should use more often of course, he skates very well, he hits he's intense name it...

I love him! :D

Shabutie 05-20-2008 10:34 AM

I guarantee he comes into the season 9+ pds heavier. Didnt Guy say he wanted to try Sergei at C?

anarmandaleb 05-20-2008 10:35 AM

You know what I love the most about this guy?
He's slightly insane.
I see a lot of Gordie Howe hat tricks in his future.

Judge Sauer* 05-20-2008 10:36 AM

I thought Sergei said he wasn't comfortable at center?
I wouldn't mind one bit if he turned out into a taller version of Fleury (without the late career problems)

bib 05-20-2008 10:44 AM

not the best quality, but this was his best hit last season:

Richybaby 05-20-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 14166816)
u forgot maurice richard trophy and the hart

With the Conn Smythe

Mtl6 05-20-2008 10:54 AM

If a guy like Hossa comes as a UFA, at long term (20 games), it will be Higgins who get
3rd line duties. IMO Sergei is staying on the top 2 lines.

Joe Cole 05-20-2008 10:54 AM

My only hope is that he can put on some muscle to that frame. I know he is just a kid, and this will take some doing... and a few years of maturing.

The extra pounds will help with his shot too.

Kaptain Bégin 05-20-2008 11:03 AM

I see him playing with his brothers. I think he could reach 50 pts mark next year, maybe something between 55 and 65 pts. Same thing for Andrei, with more than 30 goals. I see Sergei on wings. Defensive duties for a center take a lot of energies. I don't say he will never play center, but how many wingers became center in the NHL? I remember Vincent Damphousse made a nice transition, but he was older and more experienced. I thing Carbo must try Higgins and/or Chipchura with the Kost. I like defensive skills of both. Higgins was completly unproductive on center in playoff, but he need more time to adjust. He was really good to help defenseman to the offensive transition. If Carbo want Higgins on wing, I think we should try Chipchura. His defensive side is good enough and his offensive skills underrated. I think he could be a good help and he can supply some Kost Bros weakness.

Erika 05-20-2008 11:56 AM

Sergei Kostitsyn will remain in the top 6 of the team for sure. He is already the 5th best forward of this team, so next year he sould do great in a first full season. I will say around 50-60 points.

Kovalev > Koivu > Plekanec > A.Kostitsyn > S.Kostitsyn > the others.

So, Higgins is the odd man out of the top 6 if the Habs sign a good UFA.

teach:

Beakermania* 05-20-2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn (Post 14167781)
Sergei Kostitsyn will remain in the top 6 of the team for sure. He is already the 5th best forward of this team, so next year he sould do great in a first full season. I will say around 50-60 points.

Kovalev > Koivu > Plekanec > A.Kostitsyn > S.Kostitsyn > the others.

So, Higgins is the odd man out of the top 6 if the Habs sign a good UFA.

teach:

is every post a higgins bash, sergei lovefest.... are you thedamned's sister??

zzoo 05-20-2008 12:08 PM

I really like this kid... but I think you're over-estimating him. His weakness is still the shots.
Next season, I think he will get: 15g - 40a - 55pts.

Goldthorpe 05-20-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richybaby (Post 14167040)
With the Conn Smythe

And the Norris!

Iyathurai 05-20-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 14167836)

What happened to thedamned? He hasn't posted in a while.

YMCMBeaulieu 05-20-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHfan1990 (Post 14167904)
What happened to thedamned? He hasn't posted in a while.

Probably on vacation...

Stalking Kovalev. :shakehead

Chomsky 05-20-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mtl6 (Post 14167102)
If a guy like Hossa comes as a UFA, at long term (20 games), it will be Higgins who get
3rd line duties. IMO Sergei is staying on the top 2 lines.

If we get Hossa, trust me, both Higgins and Skost will be out of the top 6, and Lats in.

Batarnac 05-20-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

At least this time she messed up so we don't have to see the annoying teaching smiley...

Beakermania* 05-20-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eatthatquestion (Post 14168004)
At least this time she messed up so we don't have to see the annoying teaching smiley...

That was me... hehe.

Habitants 05-20-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anarmandaleb (Post 14166876)
You know what I love the most about this guy?
He's slightly insane.

LMAO!:laugh:

for real! well i hope to see him on the team full time next season, he has shown great all round skill, and nice agression! although i think he could play top 6, i think he would be better off on the 3rd line. and this would show our team depth to have a player llike him on the 3rd. hopefully we get a nice UFA or player through trade to play on the second line.

my 3rd line choice remains: Higgins Chips Skost

and i think it will be one of the best 3rd line evar! !:yo:

Chomsky 05-20-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Even I, was a big fan of Sergei since his first season with London (Remember skostitsyn47? ;)), but I've never been that blind.. she's just like TheDamned. These guys need to get fixed and learn about hockey.

Higgins is better than Sergei as of now. Deal with it. You don't magically score 27 goals while playing with Koivu and Dandy/Smoke/Streit for over 40 games.

Nails Jenkins 05-20-2008 12:26 PM

I like the idea of playing Sergei with his brother, which would put him on one of the top two lines but I can also see him flourishing in a 3rd line role with Chipchura and Higgins in the not too distant future, maybe for the 2009-10 season. This would of course hinge on bringing in some offensive players to play with the other talented forwards we have. I think the line I mentioned would be absolutely fantastic. Responsible and offensively talented. Then we could ice a 4th line centered by Lapierre with some bangers on his wings to bring energy.

Also, if Latendresse is going to make it he needs to be put in the top 6, otherwise he's useless. He hasn't shown much to warrant big minutes yet, but he's only 20 and could still pan out to be that bigger forward with a net presence that the Habs have been sorely lacking for some time.

Still, if we don't add a skilled winger, I would stick him with his bro and see how that pans out.

Nails Jenkins 05-20-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habitants (Post 14168033)
LMAO!:laugh:

for real! well i hope to see him on the team full time next season, he has shown great all round skill, and nice agression! although i think he could play top 6, i think he would be better off on the 3rd line. and this would show our team depth to have a player llike him on the 3rd. hopefully we get a nice UFA or player through trade to play on the second line.

my 3rd line choice remains: Higgins Chips Skost

and i think it will be one of the best 3rd line evar! !:yo:

Haha, amazing! While I'm typing out my post the board gets hit with this gem. I obviously agree.