HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Is it the time to panic ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=51813)

habs1988 02-12-2004 08:33 PM

Is it the time to panic ?

I mean, we lost 2 games and the ones before the All-Star game were not good enough to easily access to playoffs.

What will happen ? :dunno:

Zednik 02-12-2004 08:35 PM

well, as usual, we'll finish 9th and pick 15th for the next 2 years :dunno:

VAN-HAB 02-12-2004 08:39 PM

well with Mullet-Patrolling-4th line-Perreault and Dagenais in the last 2 minutes of the games I am afraid things are not going great. Buffalo getting closer, Souray out, Buillon with tons of minutes....

Marc the Habs Fan 02-12-2004 08:46 PM

thank god for our 10 point lead over Buffalo.

But changes need to be made. Dagenais must go. Ditto for Perreault. Get Zednik back with Koivu.

But let's not forget TB is a very good team on fire. We were awful in the 3rd though.

Joe Malone 02-12-2004 08:47 PM

Is it the time to panic?

No.

electric 02-12-2004 08:48 PM

I hate Florida.

Mooch 02-12-2004 08:53 PM

NO

Why? Because Tampa's a much better team then we are, simple as that. I mean Martin, Vincent, and richards are just awsome. Sometimes i really wonder if it "really" is a lack of effort for us, but I dont think it is. I think that thats all we are capable of. Remember we werent even expected to make the playoffs this season, so just relax, we are still an average team, and tonight we played a very good team. So the right team won!

Note: I duno why the hell people are suggesting trading markov, this guy obviously has talent, and for those who comlplain that komi is making mistakes, SO WHAT he is supposed to make them, hes young:shakehead

Zednik 02-12-2004 08:57 PM

BTW' The Rangers lost their game at home vs Philly tonight.

RE-HABS 02-12-2004 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
thank god for our 10 point lead over Buffalo.

10 points really isn't a lot if we were to go in a little slump and if the Sabres were to go in a little winning streak! We have a very hard schedule remaining.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
[SIZE=14]Why? Because Tampa's a much better team then we are, simple as that. I mean Martin, Vincent, and richards are just awsome. Sometimes i really wonder if it "really" is a lack of effort for us, but I dont think it is. I think that thats all we are capable of. Remember we werent even expected to make the playoffs this season, so just relax, we are still an average team, and tonight we played a very good team. So the right team won!

So that means we should lose every game to a team ahead of us and potentially to the Islanders, Rangers and Sabres?

The Bolts have some good players, but we have too and we have a way better tender in net...your view is very one sided. We didn't play 60 minutes, don;t play a whole game...don't expect to win.

Firthbird 02-12-2004 09:28 PM

Quote:

NO

Why? Because Tampa's a much better team then we are, simple as that. I mean Martin, Vincent, and richards are just awsome. Sometimes i really wonder if it "really" is a lack of effort for us, but I dont think it is. I think that thats all we are capable of. Remember we werent even expected to make the playoffs this season, so just relax, we are still an average team, and tonight we played a very good team. So the right team won!

Note: I duno why the hell people are suggesting trading markov, this guy obviously has talent, and for those who comlplain that komi is making mistakes, SO WHAT he is supposed to make them, hes young:shakehead

saying that they are a better team is unacceptable. That's a way of getting out of saying why we played a bad game. We were up 2-0 to Tampa Bay, and Markov did not take St. Louis in front of the net. Changes need to be made. You people who sit on the posts and say no changes need to be made, well your wrong. If we want to make the playoffs we're going to have to get better. And the only the way to get better (besides drafting/Free Agents) is to trade. We haven't made a big move in years. The littles move like trading a draft pick or something, that aint gonna do nothing. It is obvious, like in previous years we cannot seem to hold on to the lead. We also don't take our man (like usual:shakehead) With Souray now out for possibly 6 weeks, well lets just say there needs to be a trade.

On the Score & Sportsnet they reported last week:

To MTL: Smyth, Brewer

To EDM: Garon, Hossa, Plekanec (plekanec is only optional suppositly)

Now, with Souray being out for up to 6 weeks, Brewer would help. Smyth would also help up front. He would be good with Koivu and Ryder.

As for giving up Garon... He is only 1 and 1/2 years younger than Theodore, and he aint getting any younger. Why keep him as a backup, when we have Michaud who could turn out to be better than Theodore? We can afford to give up Hossa, However I'd rather not give up Plekanec. I'd rather through in Hainsey as we have plenty of depth on the Blueline.

Mooch 02-12-2004 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
The Bolts have some good players, but we have too and we have a way better tender in net...your view is very one sided. We didn't play 60 minutes, don;t play a whole game...don't expect to win.

MArtin, Vincent, and richards are all a step above our best players.

Koivu vs Vincent- I say vincent
Ribs vs Richards- Richards
Martin- (No body like him, he is awsome and being considered for team canada)

I think your being too "one" sided.

Mooch 02-12-2004 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firthbird
saying that they are a better team is unacceptable.

WHY, it's true. Should the best teams not win. Should ottawa or Detriot or Coorado not win the cup. Who won the cup last year Anahiem or the Devils. I think the better team won.

I think we should be honest with our selves, something many here are not doing!

Firthbird 02-12-2004 09:39 PM

Quote:

WHY, it's true. Should the best teams not win. Should ottawa or Detriot or Coorado not win the cup. Who won the cup last year Anahiem or the Devils. I think the better team won.

Tell me... How do you judge the best teams in the League Mooch??? By names, by salaries??? Today in the NHL, that means nothing.... Anybody can beat Anybody now days... I think you have a very one sided opinion on this game. We did not play a full 60 minute game. simple as that, no more, no less. We let the Bolts get back into the game, because of stupid Penalties and not taking our man.

I wonder if Montreal would have won.... would you have said they're the better team??? :dunno:

RE-HABS 02-12-2004 09:40 PM

Quote:

MArtin, Vincent, and richards are all a step above our best players.

Koivu vs Vincent- I say vincent
Ribs vs Richards- Richards
Martin- (No body like him, he is awsome and being considered for team canada)

I think your being too "one" sided.

Before tonights game...
3. Tampa Bay 66

7. Montreal 64

Our top 5 vs. there top 5:

C 71 Mike Ribeiro 56 15 31 46
RW 73 Michael Ryder 56 15 25 40
D 44 Sheldon Souray 57 15 20 35
RW 20 Richard Zednik 56 19 14 33
C 11 Saku Koivu 43 9 24 33

TB:

RW 26 Martin St. Louis 55 25 35 60
LW 61 Cory Stillman 54 16 32 48
C 19 Brad Richards 55 14 31 45
C 4 Vincent Lecavalier 54 18 18 36
LW 33 Fredrik Modin 55 17 17 34

Other than St.Louis it really isn't that different, sure Richards and Vinnie have more potential...but it hasn't been fully achieved yet, they are no better than us.

RE-HABS 02-12-2004 09:46 PM

Quote:

You arguements are week at best (and I don't say that to posters here), but the Wings were HIGH point leader last year, but 1st round losers. Colorado, same as the Wings...lasted one more round but they lost to a so called lesser team in Minny. Please come up with some better points in why we are a worse team than the Bolts who have 4 more points than us???

Like so many of us have stated here, we never played 60 minutes. If you do, any team can win.

Istvan 02-12-2004 09:47 PM

NAH. BG and CJ will right the ship pretty soon.

Habsolument 02-12-2004 09:49 PM

here we go.... again

DOUBIDOUBIDOU BANDWAGON DOUBIDOUBIDOU BANDWAGON!!!!!!!

zurg999 02-12-2004 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firthbird
If we want to make the playoffs we're going to have to get better. And the only the way to get better (besides drafting/Free Agents) is to trade. We haven't made a big move in years. The littles move like trading a draft pick or something, that aint gonna do nothing. It is obvious, like in previous years we cannot seem to hold on to the lead. We also don't take our man (like usual:shakehead) With Souray now out for possibly 6 weeks, well lets just say there needs to be a trade.

We'll mark that one and revisit at the end of the regular season.

Take it easy guy, it's only one game.

Firthbird 02-12-2004 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zurg999
We'll mark that one and revisit at the end of the regular season.

Take it easy guy, it's only one game.

You ppl. have been saying that "its just 1 game" ot "just 2 games". At the end the 1 and 2 games add up. I am not over anxious i'm just saying that we can't afford to go 2 or 3 games in a row losing , then win 1. It might cost us a playoff spot, then you'll be wishing BG made a trade....

So I'll question you, and we'll wait and see what the next 25 games brings us.. :teach:

oli500 02-12-2004 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolument
here we go.... again

DOUBIDOUBIDOU BANDWAGON DOUBIDOUBIDOU BANDWAGON!!!!!!!

You could calle this bandwagon again, but all habs fan should be worried about the last two outtings. This team is starting to look like last years team :mad: . The only 2 players that arent afraid of hitting on this team are bégin,langdon and bouillon. That really scares me going down the strech of the playoffs because the bigger and toughfer teams are going to figure how to play us. We have to many softies on this team and that is not good for the final strech. Being A hab fan all my life I try to stay the most optimistic as possible but we have to be honest with each other, losing the way we did tonight was nothing to be proude off. I hope we can rebound with a 60 minute effort vs Ottawa. That's all I can hope for in the moment.

Zednik 02-12-2004 10:47 PM

We are a .500 team folks ! For every 3 win-streak, we'll lose 3 in a row.

RE-HABS 02-12-2004 10:53 PM

And the reaction here tonight is why I stay away sometimes, too many impatient fans and people who don't have faith.

EBS111 02-12-2004 11:43 PM

i have a bad feeling

the habs might be in trouble with souray out i am starting to get very worried souray is the heart and soul of the team this year and with him out things might get very difficult.
i really hope they can bounce back against ottawa on saturday night but the sens are really good this could be trouble :confused:

EBS111 02-12-2004 11:46 PM

however i still have faith when souray gets back and if the team gets hot for the playoffs they will have a good run. GO HABS GO !!!