HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Andrew Ladd (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=518342)

BDubinskyNYR17* 05-21-2008 07:36 PM

Andrew Ladd

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....,3741233.story

The Hawks agreed to terms with three of their restricted free agents Tuesday: forwards Adam Burish and Dustin Byfuglien; and defenseman James Wisniewski. General manager Dale Tallon said the Hawks are in negotiations with another of their unrestricted free agents, winger Andrew Ladd.

if Ladd is an ufa, hed give us much needed size, and would be worth taking a risk on.

Thirty One 05-21-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCallahan43 (Post 14177770)

The Hawks agreed to terms with three of their restricted free agents Tuesday: forwards Adam Burish and Dustin Byfuglien; and defenseman James Wisniewski. General manager Dale Tallon said the Hawks are in negotiations with another of their unrestricted free agents, winger Andrew Ladd.

if Ladd is an ufa, hed give us much needed size, and would be worth taking a risk on.

I don't think he'd be even close to a UFA

FLYLine24 05-21-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCallahan43 (Post 14177770)

..It says they are in negotiations with him, he will be signed long before July 1st most likely. And that has to be a typo, hes 22...he's not going to be a UFA.

in the hall 05-21-2008 07:47 PM

how is he a UFA?

Classic Devil 05-21-2008 07:52 PM

The article is wrong.

Thirty One 05-21-2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88 (Post 14177850)
..It says they are in negotiations with him, he will be signed long before July 1st most likely. And that has to be a typo, hes 22...he's not going to be a UFA.

yeah, you can tell the way it's worded that the writer accidentally slipped the "un" in there.

The Hawks agreed to terms with three of their restricted free agents Tuesday: ... the Hawks are in negotiations with another of their unrestricted free agents, winger Andrew Ladd.

Cynical TyranT 05-22-2008 03:07 AM

OVER-RATED *clap clap clap clap clap*

Edge 05-23-2008 08:03 PM

I think Ladd has a shot to be a darn good power forward.

He's 22 and has shown flashes of great plays, but has yet to put it all together.

Having said that, at worst he's a 10-15 goal, third line player. If he developes, possibly Ryan Malone during his better years.

If he a potential superstar? No, but he's shown he at least belongs and his upside is a core player who plays a power game. Those are always in demand, as Malone will prove this summer.

Vitto79 05-24-2008 11:35 AM

Yea i doubt he is a UFA, too young but yea he would be great on that line

Jay88* 05-24-2008 03:31 PM

I wanted Ladd form the get go. oer Montoya. As it was a waste of a draft, cause all HYR got back was Sjostrom,really.

So if an offer sheet was made for like 1-1.5,maybe 2,then I would be all for it, if not.Oh well.

Thirty One 05-24-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay88 (Post 14200974)
I wanted Ladd form the get go. oer Montoya.

so did the Rangers

Jay88* 05-24-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -31- (Post 14201054)
so did the Rangers

Well Im sure they could have made a move to get up,what was it, one spot. But I know Maloney was big on him so I wouldnt be all assured to say so did the NYR's. But thats just an opinion. I dont think anyone will ever now for a fact what NYR wanted.

Blackhawkswincup 05-25-2008 01:09 AM

Yes that is a typo!

Hawks are reportedly close to a deal.

Ladd played great and ended season on our 3rd line were he had chemistry with Dave Bolland his likely 3rd line partner again this upcoming season. He is a good young LW with Byfuglien gives us 2 of the top up and coming LW's in the game. I see him as being a 25-30 goal threat. He played great after his trade from Hurricanes.

Byfuglien, Ladd, Kane, Toews, Bolland, Sharp, Havlat (When healthy), Keith, Seabrook, Wisniewski and Barker all in mid 20's to late teens. Hawks are going to contend for cup next year. I believe in this team. We were the only team to outplay Detroit. We were 5-3 vs them and were 1st team in almost 2 decades to win 5 reg season games vs Red Wings.

Inferno 05-25-2008 01:16 AM

ive always been HUGE on Ladd. I think hes got solid 3rd liner written all over him. IMHO hes a much bigger, and better version of Callahan.

Of course Cally was taken in the 4th round, and Ladd was taken 4th overall...

BDubinskyNYR17* 05-25-2008 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 14205914)
Yes that is a typo!

Hawks are reportedly close to a deal.

Ladd played great and ended season on our 3rd line were he had chemistry with Dave Bolland his likely 3rd line partner again this upcoming season. He is a good young LW with Byfuglien gives us 2 of the top up and coming LW's in the game. I see him as being a 25-30 goal threat. He played great after his trade from Hurricanes.

Byfuglien, Ladd, Kane, Toews, Bolland, Sharp, Havlat (When healthy), Keith, Seabrook, Wisniewski and Barker all in mid 20's to late teens. Hawks are going to contend for cup next year. I believe in this team. We were the only team to outplay Detroit. We were 5-3 vs them and were 1st team in almost 2 decades to win 5 reg season games vs Red Wings.

thanks for the heads up, i wanted ruutu or ladd at the deadline. bother are physical forwards the rangers can use. i wanted ladd over montoya during the draft year.

Chainsaw 05-25-2008 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -31- (Post 14177843)
I don't think he'd be even close to a UFA

Chicago acquired f while in Chicago 5 goals andor Ladd by trading Ruutu. Ladd put up awesome numbers in Chicago 5 goals and 7 assists in 20 games.

Thirty One 05-25-2008 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay88 (Post 14201282)
Well Im sure they could have made a move to get up,what was it, one spot. But I know Maloney was big on him so I wouldnt be all assured to say so did the NYR's. But thats just an opinion. I dont think anyone will ever now for a fact what NYR wanted.

well the list that was shown on the Rangers special thing was 3. Ladd and 4. Montoya.

moving from 6 to 4 would have cost a second rounder

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riyadh (Post 14205956)
Chicago acquired f while in Chicago 5 goals andor Ladd by trading Ruutu. Ladd put up awesome numbers in Chicago 5 goals and 7 assists in 20 games.

yeah, I didn't catch any of that

jrd303 05-25-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 14205914)

I hope so. You guys deserve some good hockey out there after being **** on for so long by Wirtz. Always found the Hawks an easy team to root for and it looks like your team is finally having a renaissance. Enjoy it.

Burlington Bomb 26 05-25-2008 03:08 PM

Andrew Ladd is an RFA not an UFA. I'd rather get an UFA than trade draft picks

Edge 06-01-2008 06:01 PM

I still think Ladd has some untapped potential. At worst he's a third liner, but i really wouldn't be surprised to see him as more.

He's a young power forward who is only starting to put things together.