HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How Did Burke Do?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=51877)

jplush76 02-13-2004 12:29 AM

How Did Burke Do??

Once again ESPN's "guess which game will be on tonight jackoff" screwed me and they played the blues game instead of the flyers so my Tivo recorded that :mad:

So how did burke do in his first start? Saw the news on JR, I feel bad for his face this year, he's getting tore up.

blah 02-13-2004 12:36 AM

Burke swallowed the puck everytime it was shot his way. There were no rebounds. The only goal he allowed was due to a good play by Leetch. He really wasn't tested much though...

Radivojevic made a good play on the Kapanen goal. Looks real strong on the puck and forecheck. Pretty much another Kapanen.

Green Mile 02-13-2004 02:25 AM

At one point, Jagr shot the puck and Burke caught it... what seemed to be behind the redline, but they never reviewed. Phew.

But man, he was very solid. Not a darn rebound to be had, I swear.

Winston Wolf 02-13-2004 03:11 AM

Burke was terrific tonight. He stole this game for us, no questions asked. This is definitely a game that we should have lost. Plain and simple, he stole two points for us tonight.

BTW, I still don't think Jagr's shot was all the way past the goal line.

biggbloo 02-13-2004 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers guy
Burke was terrific tonight. He stole this game for us, no questions asked. This is definitely a game that we should have lost. Plain and simple, he stole two points for us tonight.

BTW, I still don't think Jagr's shot was all the way past the goal line.

I think the Jagr "goal" was just an over-reaction from the schmucks on ESPN! BTW,I thought the cameras were awful during that game. The angles were too distand and very blurry. ESPN or MSG should buy better cameras.

anonymous* 02-13-2004 06:05 AM

He was a vacuum. If he didn't swallow the puck with his body he either defelected it deep into a corner or his size made up for getting caught out of position.

The Leetch goal was helped by Timander losing track of where the puck and Leetch were, not knocking Timander, just explaining how Leetch was able to get a second shot after the puck hit the post.

I doubt the Jagr "goal" would count even on review since you can't see where the puck actually was. They don't usually reverse something like that unless they can say "Here's the puck and here's the goal line".

bobbyboucher24 02-13-2004 06:11 AM

Like everyone said, Burke stole the game tonight. I blamed Matthias and Kim on the lone goal; they both just stood there and let the Ranger whack away. Burke made 2 saves but had no chance on the goal.

anonymous* 02-13-2004 06:33 AM

Any chance we hear from Obeysteve, Capn89, or Liquidrage? Just curious on their take since they were very against sitting Niitymaki.

Rex88 02-13-2004 07:06 AM

Very solid - I bet he plays Saturday.
He will be better in the all players brawl that will take place in Philly on Sat.
Said before but, NO rebounds.

Fire Bobby Clarke 02-13-2004 07:41 AM

OK...we don't have to be super homers here...Burkes glove was behind the line, we just got lucky.

Burke palyed very well tonight, no big rebounds looked very steady. Bronko also played well in his limited time on the ice...After 1 game I am liking this trade allot more then I did when it was first made.

And I hope none of you went out and bought a #33 Burke jersey because he is changing his number to#41 for Saturdays game.

jplush76 02-13-2004 10:14 AM

why is he changing his number?

thedjpd 02-13-2004 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jplush76

Because he is usually #1, but that number is retired in Philly. So he wanted #41.

p.l.f. 02-13-2004 10:55 AM

He was terrible
he gave up a goal on the only quality scoring chance against him
he's 37 and should retire

bennysflyers16 02-13-2004 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.l.f.
He was terrible
he gave up a goal on the only quality scoring chance against him
he's 37 and should retire

How's the billionaire Drunk Belfour doing ???

donelikedinner 02-13-2004 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16

he's on a date with his girlfriend Tie. :D

anonymous* 02-13-2004 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Bobby Clarke
OK...we don't have to be super homers here...Burkes glove was behind the line, we just got lucky.

Burke palyed very well tonight, no big rebounds looked very steady. Bronko also played well in his limited time on the ice...After 1 game I am liking this trade allot more then I did when it was first made.

And I hope none of you went out and bought a #33 Burke jersey because he is changing his number to#41 for Saturdays game.

You have to be able to see the puck to call it a goal.

Rails 02-13-2004 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggbloo
I think the Jagr "goal" was just an over-reaction from the schmucks on ESPN! BTW,I thought the cameras were awful during that game. The angles were too distand and very blurry. ESPN or MSG should buy better cameras.

They showed a camera view from directly over the net. You could specifically see the puck go into his glove after it crossed the red line.

Rails 02-13-2004 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jplush76

Cechmanek wore 33. 33 is bad luck. Or was it Boucher that wore 33?

FlyersGuy69 02-13-2004 04:04 PM

I never really noticed before how big Burke is between the pipes. when he went down, his shoulds were even with the crossbar, it was incredible to see how much net he took up.

good game by Burke though, the Rangers definitely outplayed us for most/if not all of the game and we got the two points.

Brad* 02-13-2004 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harper
Cechmanek wore 33. 33 is bad luck. Or was it Boucher that wore 33?

Cechmanek wore 32.

Bob Clarke Fan Club 02-13-2004 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16

ouuucccchhhh!!!! How the truth must hurt. Hope Belfour doesn't leave TO anytime soon...Make Beliefs might actually beat us then...or at least be within 3 goals.

Rails 02-13-2004 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
Cechmanek wore 32.

Then Hackett wore it, right? 33 Is still bad luck.

Brad* 02-13-2004 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harper
Then Hackett wore it, right? 33 Is still bad luck.

Hackett wore 33. I think.