HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=519162)

Cherepanisimov 05-24-2008 09:16 PM

proposal

posted this on the trade rumors board in the komi thread:

dubinsky for
komisarek, straight up.

discuss it. discuss it all night long.

geisenNYR 05-24-2008 09:19 PM

I don't think Montreal would have any interest in this trade. I love Duby and think he will be very good....but because of our deep at center I would definitely consider this deal considering our need for a physical defenseman.

Cherepanisimov 05-24-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geisenNYR (Post 14203984)
I don't think Montreal would have any interest in this trade. I love Duby and think he will be very good....but because of our deep at center I would definitely consider this deal considering our need for a physical defenseman.

i think montreal would really consider this. we need a physical defensemen, komi might be the nastiest dman in the nhl. mont needs a center, dubinsky is a 21year old stud coming off a great rookie year.

why not?

Burlington Bomb 26 05-24-2008 09:23 PM

i think dubinsky is going to be very good, and really effective so i would say no, and montreal would say no

z1co80 05-24-2008 09:26 PM

i dont think either team would do it

Inferno 05-24-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangersfan30 (Post 14204049)
i dont think either team would do it

bingo.

both teams would never do it. but the proposal is quite fair for both teams. but man oh man would i ever love to see komisaurus as a Ranger :amazed:

The Amity Affliction 05-24-2008 09:38 PM

As it's been said before, value is right down the middle, but I don't see either team doing this.

Why give up assets for Komisarek when we can go get Orpik or Markov for just cash?

Richter35 05-24-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldshot (Post 14204167)
As it's been said before, value is right down the middle, but I don't see either team doing this.

Why give up assets for Komisarek when we can go get Orpik or Markov for just cash?

not to mention that komi is due for a big raise anyways. I expect us to make a serious offer to orpik/commodore/markov. If that doesnt work out maybe this trade could work out but i'd leave that as a last resort

Trxjw 05-24-2008 10:02 PM

I don't see the Habs moving him. He's basically what their team is lacking overall: physicality.

If they move him, they automatically need a guy to fill his shoes. You'd probably have to send Tyutin back the other way.

I also like Dubi too much to give him up for Komisarek alone.

Dubi + Tyutin + Prucha + 1st

Komisarek + Higgins :sarcasm: :D

Jay88* 05-24-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov (Post 14203951)
posted this on the trade rumors board in the komi thread:

dubinsky for
komisarek, straight up.

discuss it. discuss it all night long.

NO. NYR has no talented young top 6 fowqrds at the moment ( Maybe,besides, just maybe Dawes, but IM not 100% sold on him ).And Dubinssky seems to be one that is.So i say no way to this trade.Dubinsky in my opinion will be a 60-70 point player, maybe similar to Doug Weight.

I say no. And dont mention Cherapanov, cause he iosnt even in NA yet..So when it comes to NYR's youth on offense at the moment Dubinsky seems to be it.

Trxjw 05-24-2008 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay88 (Post 14204708)
NO. NYR has no talented young top 6 fowqrds at the moment ( Maybe,besides, just maybe Dawes, but IM not 100% sold on him ).And Dubinssky seems to be one that is.So i say no way to this trade.Dubinsky in my opinion will be a 60-70 point player, maybe similar to Doug Weight.

I say no. And dont mention Cherapanov, cause he iosnt even in NA yet..So when it comes to NYR's youth on offense at the moment Dubinsky seems to be it.

I'd wait to see him on a line without Jagr before you start drawing those kinds of conclusions.

BDubinskyNYR17* 05-24-2008 10:58 PM

komisarek and lapierre to rangers

tyutin prucha dawes Betts to habs

Abyss 05-24-2008 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 14204788)
I'd wait to see him on a line without Jagr before you start drawing those kinds of conclusions.

agreed, because with a player like Jagr when Dubinsky fully develops, he'll be more than a 70 point player.

RMcDonagh 05-24-2008 11:17 PM

You know a proposal is horrid when both fan bases don't approve of the trade.

Plato 05-24-2008 11:21 PM

What is wrong with some people around here?

The Rangers absolutely cannot afford to lose Tyutin or Dawes. We do not have the depth on NHL ready wings and Dawes I think plays a big part in somebody who can contribute at a great price. Also Tyutin played very well during 80% of the season and can only get better. Not to mention you wont get a player like Tyutin at that price on the market for a while.

danno2530 05-25-2008 12:02 AM

I agree, I highly doubt either team would have any interest in this deal.

I love Komisarek and I would really like to see him as a Ranger eventually, but not at the expense of Dubinsky..just as I don't see Montreal trading arguably their best young d-man to a team they could easily play in the playoffs. Interesting idea, but I would pass.

Barnaby 05-25-2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Staal (Post 14205125)
You know a proposal is horrid when both fan bases don't approve of the trade.

Actually, that's how you know a trade has a legitimate chance of being possible. It's when you get someone saying Prucha, Backman, and a 3rd which makes Ranger fans happy, and makes Habs fans laugh. Most trade's involve everyone unhappy to some degree lol

Edit: I would take this deal. I love Dubi, but I like Komi even more. To me, Dubinsky is more easily replaceable than a young hard hitting mean d-man we haven't had since... who? Ulf? Beuk?

More realistic maybe... Dubinsky and Tyutin for Komisarek and a 2nd or decent young player.

Celestial Black 05-25-2008 12:16 AM

No thanks.

Dubi > Komi

UAGoalieGuy 05-25-2008 06:53 AM

I don't know. I think there would be some bad blood between Avery and Komisarek due to a little lady named Elisa Cuthbert... hahahaha

eco's bones 05-25-2008 07:02 AM

On paper it may seem even but on the ledger books it's not. Dubinsky is starting out and very affordable. Komisarek is entering his UFA to be season at 1.9 mil and would be a player that will probably get $5 after that. Depending how Montreal does next season--if they were unable to lock him up and they were to tank he will probaby be a playoff rental. So straight up in a deal--I don't think so from the Rangers perspective.

Jay88* 05-25-2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 14204788)

You act like every point that Dubinsky earned was due to Jagr,at times I thought Dubinsky made Jagr play better. Cause we all know by far, Jagr was missing a majority, if not almost all season till the end, and the playoffs.

Dubinsky creates alot of his own opportunities,carries and controls the puck very well, has a decent passing game.Plus he is 22 and in his first full season. He has alot to learn but the kid is going to be a damn good center, and I doubt will fall out of the top 6 spot.

Im not knocking your opinion, but maybe you need to give Dubinsky a little more credit than it seems you are.

Dredden 05-25-2008 11:57 AM

Dubi is a good player and is going to get better each season, so i would say no to this deal.

Trxjw 05-25-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay88 (Post 14207202)
You act like every point that Dubinsky earned was due to Jagr,at times I thought Dubinsky made Jagr play better. Cause we all know by far, Jagr was missing a majority, if not almost all season till the end, and the playoffs.

Dubinsky creates alot of his own opportunities,carries and controls the puck very well, has a decent passing game.Plus he is 22 and in his first full season. He has alot to learn but the kid is going to be a damn good center, and I doubt will fall out of the top 6 spot.

Im not knocking your opinion, but maybe you need to give Dubinsky a little more credit than it seems you are.

You drew an awful lot of assumptions about my opinion from one sentence.

I'm simply saying that playing with Jagr had a lot to do with Dubinsky's production this year. I'm not saying he isn't a good player, he's undoubtedly our best young forward on the team. However, I'm not going to jump to conclusions and start calling the guy a 70 point player because he had a good rookie season. Remember Prucha's rookie season? How is he doing now?

Step down off the horse. Relax.

jrd303 05-25-2008 12:17 PM

If Montreal for some crazy reason doesn't want Komi I think the question becomes, 'Could the Canadiens get more value for Komi than Dubi and get him out West?'

I think the answer is yes.

If Montreal called and offered Komi for Dubi I think I'd have to say yes, especially with Malkin and Crosby developing. I'd hate doing though. I can't remember the last time I liked a prospect as much as Dubi. The way he goes about his buisness is impressive to say the least. He's fearless enough to fight Roberts and take his lumps. He's ballsy enough to let Jagr know what his strengths are instead of sheepishly playing a style Jagr would like. I'm more impressed with him after every interview he gives and he has a level of maturity at 22 that's well beyond his years. He has the potential to develop into a cornerstone leader for the next 15 years.

Burlington Bomb 26 05-25-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrd303 (Post 14207762)
If Montreal for some crazy reason doesn't want Komi I think the question becomes, 'Could the Canadiens get more value for Komi than Dubi and get him out West?'

I think the answer is yes.

If Montreal called and offered Komi for Dubi I think I'd have to say yes, especially with Malkin and Crosby developing. I'd hate doing though. I can't remember the last time I liked a prospect as much as Dubi. The way he goes about his buisness is impressive to say the least. He's fearless enough to fight Roberts and take his lumps. He's ballsy enough to let Jagr know what his strengths are instead of sheepishly playing a style Jagr would like. I'm more impressed with him after every interview he gives and he has a level of maturity at 22 that's well beyond his years. He has the potential to develop into a cornerstone leader for the next 15 years.

yeah i doubt if komisarek if traded stays in east, especially to another contender