HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   14 Years Ago Today... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=519293)

Al Bundy* 05-25-2008 01:37 PM

14 Years Ago Today...
 
The most famous hat-trick in Rangers history.



I couldn't find the ESPN clip of the whole hat trick- this is the best I could do.

Sorry.

The_Captain 05-25-2008 02:00 PM

great!

tlallstar6 05-25-2008 02:13 PM

amazing.

Trxjw 05-25-2008 02:32 PM

Greatest. Captain. Ever.

Burlington Bomb 26 05-25-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 14208255)
Greatest. Captain. Ever.


word

danno2530 05-25-2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 14208255)
Greatest. Captain. Ever.

Amen brother.

Truly a great night.

UnderPSI 05-25-2008 11:44 PM

God I remember that like it was yesterday.

Carlos Ranger 05-26-2008 12:00 AM

Goosebumps.

but Gary Thorne's call was better. "He said we will win Game 6, he has just picked up the hat trick!"

pjdude 05-26-2008 11:20 AM

i shed a tear. great memories. thanks Mark

rickyrod 05-26-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DruMez (Post 14212299)
Goosebumps.

but Gary Thorne's call was better. "He said we will win Game 6, he has just picked up the hat trick!"

It's maybe the only time during a hockey game that I didn't want to punch Gary Thorne.

HeaveHo94 05-26-2008 01:18 PM

This 1 is better...
 

Dr. Ogrodnick 05-26-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyrod (Post 14214378)
It's maybe the only time during a hockey game that I didn't want to punch Gary Thorne.

Ahh Gary Thorne. Great voice, but I'm pretty sure he was drunk every time he called a game. After Matteau's OT winner he said "No more 1940". Which kind of sucks, as they used the ESPN broadcast of that game for the DVD set.

PromNite 05-26-2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 (Post 14214887)

I was going to post this one.

Absolutely superhuman performance.

Bluenote13 05-27-2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick (Post 14215964)
Ahh Gary Thorne. Great voice, but I'm pretty sure he was drunk every time he called a game. After Matteau's OT winner he said "No more 1940". Which kind of sucks, as they used the ESPN broadcast of that game for the DVD set.

No he said "1940 is history" and I knew exactly what he meant.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 05-27-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 14207883)
The most famous hat-trick in Rangers history.



I couldn't find the ESPN clip of the whole hat trick- this is the best I could do.

Sorry.

I was at that game. A great memory. But it was 14 years ago. With very little since then.

Sad London Ranger 05-27-2008 10:33 AM

who were the assists on Moose's goals.

1) Moose scores a beauty of a backhander, taken quickly and makes Brodeur look ordinary

2nd goal - who is the shooter? Anderson? Moose scoring on the rebound....

Shadowtron 05-27-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 14224178)
I was at that game. A great memory. But it was 14 years ago. With very little since then.

Yeah, apparently Rosen wasn't joking when he said it would last a lifetime.

Dr. Ogrodnick 05-27-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger (Post 14224362)
who were the assists on Moose's goals.

1) Moose scores a beauty of a backhander, taken quickly and makes Brodeur look ordinary

2nd goal - who is the shooter? Anderson? Moose scoring on the rebound....

On the second goal Leetch gained the blue line and dropped it off to Kovalev who fired theshot.

Sad London Ranger 05-27-2008 11:18 AM

i still can't figure who assisted his first goal....was it kovy?

a nifty little pass!

nyrcallahan24 05-27-2008 12:10 PM

Ah... the good years!

jBuds 05-27-2008 12:10 PM

One of the better sports moments in history

MBHockey 08-27-2008 07:53 PM

I know this is a bit old...but I'm glad you guys liked the video (the one linked by HeaveHo94) -- it was the first one I ever tried making that was longer than a few seconds. I was looking at this video's statistics today and saw a bunch of hits originated from this thread :yo:

Loto68 08-27-2008 08:51 PM

That video (the 7 min one) was incredile, but I'll say it till the day I die, Noonan scored the cup winning goal.

Nich 08-27-2008 09:08 PM

i still get chills from watching that....without a doubt, the greatest gaurantee in sports imo.....

and honestly....Sam was right...that championship will last me a life time...better than any other victory my teams have had combined.....

bless this mess.....

Bless This Mess 08-27-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loto68 (Post 15276562)
That video (the 7 min one) was incredile, but I'll say it till the day I die, Noonan scored the cup winning goal.

You are absolutely right. Messier is my favorite player of all time, but I've always been surprised that there was never much discussion of the fact that NOONAN really scored the game winner.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.