HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Trent Hunter (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=519424)

Eagle Eye Cherry 05-25-2008 10:00 PM

Trent Hunter
 
What is Trent Hunter's trade value within the league?
Figure many teams could use a guy like Hunter?

Any ideas?

brawllover8 05-25-2008 11:34 PM

If only he could live up to his last name....

voxel 05-25-2008 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by House (Post 14211394)
What is Trent Hunter's trade value within the league?
Figure many teams could use a guy like Hunter?

Any ideas?

Good player on a decent contract... from the Pisani/Cleary/Kobasew type mold.

I guess early 2nd because of contract + age. Players like him rarely get traded because they are too useful to thei team.

Bundle him with a high pick(#5) and you might get a Jeff Carter / Ryan Suter.

IslesFTW 05-25-2008 11:59 PM

He could probably get an early second round pick. I mean he is young, physical, has a pretty nice deal, and has goal scoring potential.

However I would be seriously surprised if he is traded

Reaper45 05-26-2008 02:55 PM

2nd round pick is about right.

Abyss 05-26-2008 03:26 PM

I'd give up a 20th-ish 1st for him pretty happily..

SedinFan* 05-26-2008 04:33 PM

Hunter just signed a long term deal for basically pennies with the Islanders.

5 years, 10 million I believe.

He's going nowhere.

Darth Milbury 05-26-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeker (Post 14216431)
Hunter just signed a long term deal for basically pennies with the Islanders.

5 years, 10 million I believe.

He's going nowhere.

True, but the above poster was simply trying to get a handle on his market value.

Bean in Charge 05-26-2008 05:51 PM

I think he'd be overvalued because of his size and supposed potential. I wouldn't give up anything more than a late 2nd to get him, but I bet he could fetch:
late 1st + 7-8th dman
or
late 1st + 13th/14th forward

CREW99AW 05-26-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voxel (Post 14212221)
Good player on a decent contract... from the Pisani/Cleary/Kobasew type mold.

I guess early 2nd because of contract + age. Players like him rarely get traded because they are too useful to thei team.

Bundle him with a high pick(#5) and you might get a Jeff Carter / Ryan Suter.

Wow I'd love either of those returns.

But it'd be tough to trade a him,after convincing him to bypass the ufa market and sign a team friendly deal.Sends the message that Snow's full of it.

John Belushi 05-28-2008 04:36 AM

Hunter is tad overrated (I'm a big fan of him, however) but from the Canucks I'd offer the 40th overall pick and hard-nosed defensive prospect Nathan McIver.

hgo 05-28-2008 04:38 AM

Hunter isn't going anywhere, but he wouldn't fetch more than a second. No team takes Hunter for a first.

isles31 05-28-2008 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brawllover8 (Post 14212118)
If only he could live up to his last name....

yeah i wish he would ruin guys careers with late hits after goals...:sarcasm:

Darth Milbury 05-28-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Belushi (Post 14231146)
Hunter is tad overrated (I'm a big fan of him, however) but from the Canucks I'd offer the 40th overall pick and hard-nosed defensive prospect Nathan McIver.


Which is basically the same as offering the 40th pick and nothing else. McIver is a marginal prospect at best (no disrespect meant).

I don't really know what Hunter's trade value is but I think it depends greatly on the time of year. A gutty player like that could command a serious overpayment at the deadline. And, with a contract that is that much of a bargain, I think he'd attract the same sort of interest as some impending UFAs.

I'd suggest that, under the present conditions, the right question might be "What would it take to get up the Isles to give up a player management loves, who plays a key role on the team, and who is signed to a bargain contract?" The answer is going to be a lot more than a 2nd rounder. I'm not saying that other GMs would pay more than a 2nd rounder (which I agree is his likely value), I'm saying the Isles wouldn't move him for a 2nd rounder.

Kaktus* 05-28-2008 12:32 PM

I would love to trade Hunter for Umberger just because of Hunters contract.

NYI fans? Fair?

Darth Milbury 05-28-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaktus (Post 14233254)
I would love to trade Hunter for Umberger just because of Hunters contract.

NYI fans? Fair?

As most of us are said, Hunter isn't going anywhere. But, if he were to get moved, it certainly we wouldn't be within the division.

And, while I admit that I have not watched Umberger very closely, I can't see why the Isles would prefer him over Hunter - not even considering the contract issues, within divison trades, etc.

crazycanuck 05-28-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury (Post 14233425)
As most of us are said, Hunter isn't going anywhere. But, if he were to get moved, it certainly we wouldn't be within the division.

And, while I admit that I have not watched Umberger very closely, I can't see why the Isles would prefer him over Hunter - not even considering the contract issues, within divison trades, etc.

Hunter seems to me as being one of those players worth more to the Islanders than other teams would give up to get him.

Kaktus* 05-28-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury (Post 14233425)
As most of us are said, Hunter isn't going anywhere. But, if he were to get moved, it certainly we wouldn't be within the division.

And, while I admit that I have not watched Umberger very closely, I can't see why the Isles would prefer him over Hunter - not even considering the contract issues, within divison trades, etc.

division smishson.. Who cares. Flyers traded for Zhitnik and York just last season. You have Meyers now.

Just curios in terms of value.

Darth Milbury 05-29-2008 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaktus (Post 14233489)
division smishson.. Who cares. Flyers traded for Zhitnik and York just last season. You have Meyers now.

Just curios in terms of value.

Zhitnik wasn't under contract for five more years, and the Isles didn't see him as being productive a whole lot longer (which turned out to be correct).

Darth Milbury 05-29-2008 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycanuck (Post 14233483)
Hunter seems to me as being one of those players worth more to the Islanders than other teams would give up to get him.

True. I don't see why the trade value of a good third line forward should be much above a 2nd rounder BUT the Isles would never part with Hunter at that price (although it is fair).

Peter Griffin 05-29-2008 01:28 AM

Hunter just gave up a chance to shop his services as an UFA to re-sign long term with the Isles, why would New York trade him? And if they did, they wouldn't be helping their cause to attract players to their team.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.