HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Trade Proposal w/ the Preds (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=519903)

DapperDan 05-28-2008 02:57 AM

Trade Proposal w/ the Preds

Would this be beneficial for us? And would it even work?

To Nashville: Cammaleri, Visnovsky, Cloutier, 3rd O8

To LA: Radulov, Suter

Why? As a Kings fan, I'm thinking maybe LA should solidify its young core and Radulov is getting better year after year. Suter (and yeah I know another Suter trade may seem nauseatingly redundant already) is another great young shutdown D-man, something we need at this point. The Preds get a more than capable replacement for Radulov in Cammaleri, and even though he's had a rather down year, he could very easily reach 80 pts again lined with Arnott and Dumont. As much as I love Visnovsky, I'm afraid his value could steadily decrease on the Kings and we should trade him while he's still a hot commodity. Even on a down year he managed to put up 40+ points and that's pretty great for a defenseman, and Nashville needs a good puck-moving D-man who could pair with Weber. Cloutier would be a solid backup to Mason. So he sucked on the Kings but he was decent enough in Vancouver... he may easily rebound and he'd be only playing 20 games tops. I realize Nashville may say they're getting jipped in terms of the contracts they'd be adding, but the return seems sufficient enough to compensate for that IMO. Am I anywhere close?

redcard 05-28-2008 03:05 AM

Few thinks, no teams going to take Cloutier off us. They can sign a random goalie like we've done the last few years if they need to or wait till we buy out clouts. If they're looking for a back up for mason the only possible answer would be labs as we wouldn't trade anyone else and they wouldn't take clouts.

Also i honestly don't see lubo traded. He had one bad season and we just signed him to a 5 year deal. It would be a really low blow by the organization if they signed him to a 5 year deal (at what most considered a hometown discount) with a NTC then traded him right before it kicked in.

The only other piece is cammy but i think we've become the habs of '08 with the cammy proposals and most people will just say no because they see it proposed all the time (ryder, halak, and a first anyone?)

Nashville will be looking for brown/frolov for suter and you know noone here wants to give them up.

WhatTheFox 05-28-2008 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperDan (Post 14231090)
Would this be beneficial for us? And would it even work?

To answer your questions:

1) Would this be beneficial for us?

Yes

2) Would it even work?

I think... I know Satan has a better chance of returning to heaven before the Preds even think about it for more than half a milisecond.

Tatsdzyuk 05-28-2008 04:03 AM

the only way i think this would be possible is to take cloutier out and put in bernier. unfortunately thats the only way it might work.

King'sPawn 05-28-2008 07:45 AM

Unfortunately, Visnovsky is getting severely underrated because of one bad season. I think it would be a mistake to trade him.

Edit: Though I don't remember seeing Radulov's name in the original post. I thought it was all for Suter. Odd.

lakings41 05-28-2008 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King'sPawn (Post 14231621)
Unfortunately, Visnovsky is getting severely underrated because of one bad season. I think it would be a mistake to trade him.

Thank you! Absolutely brutal proposal.

Cammi and Lubo will have bounce back seasons and all "the what have you done for me lately fans" will eat crow..........again!

Cammi is very tradeable but it needs to be for a defenseman with NHL experience under the age of 30. Good luck getting an equal return. If it's anything in the mold of a Tom Preissing we'd get hosed.
At some point we need to start moving draft picks and prospects for solid players. Not the other way around! Some of the proposed rebuilds around these neck of the woods will last another 60 years.

Reaper45 05-28-2008 09:23 AM

That's pretty brutal.

Butch 19 05-28-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperDan (Post 14231090)

Doesn't Cloutier's buyout have to happen this week? (by June 1 - or is it July 1?)

Other than that, Visnovsky will bounce back and have a good defensive year. I would not trade him.

I'm also not in the trade-Cammi camp.

Joe T Choker 05-28-2008 10:31 AM

to the OP ... I hate to sound so cruel ... but were you born with down's syndrome ?

jimmy1100 05-28-2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Trotz (Post 14232715)
to the OP ... I hate to sound so cruel ... but were you born with down's syndrome ?

Sorry man, I'd have to agree. Two of the best young players on Nashville for our 'expendable' young player (i.e. valuable IMO, but worth moving to fill more pressing needs), an aging (but still very capabl) D-man with a higher cap hit this year, and Cloutier. Seriously?

I've got a rule for this board: If you want to post a trade idea, and Cloutier is involved, expect negative feedback on the trade and/or questioning of your intelligence.

EDIT: I'll also add that while Radulov is a very talented young player, but I'm not sold on him yet. He still makes some stupid mistakes (i.e. concussing his captain during a goal celebration) and can't seem to finish a breakaway/penalty shot/shootout attempt when he's supposed to be a pure goal scorer. Don't get me wrong, still a very valuable, very talented young player with lots of potential, I just expected to see more from him this year.

Ziggy Stardust 05-28-2008 11:39 AM

Maybe the Kings should then trade Derek Armstrong and Tom Preissing to the Senators for Anton Volchenkov and Mike Fisher.
:sarcasm:

BehindEnemyLines 05-28-2008 11:55 AM

i like visnovsky and with our blue line so weak the worst thing we could do right now is trade away one of our best dman, imo...

Cutty Sarkn3ss* 05-28-2008 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 14233317)
Maybe the Kings should then trade Derek Armstrong and Tom Preissing to the Senators for Anton Volchenkov and Mike Fisher.
:sarcasm:

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod: :nod::nod:

Sybil227 05-28-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingme00 (Post 14231151)
I think... I know Satan has a better chance of returning to heaven before the Preds even think about it for more than half a milisecond.

Buffalo is heaven?

DeeMeck 05-28-2008 03:45 PM

I don't get where all the Visnovsky trade speculation is coming from. He is about as untradeable as they come for obvious reasons.

DapperDan 05-28-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

No,I wasn't. But my brother was. How do you feel about yourself now?

DapperDan 05-28-2008 04:36 PM

I know Visnovsky is undeniably our best end-to-end Dman. But the way I see it, you gotta give something good to get something good. And his style of play isn't particularly our number one need at this point. His resigning would make it an a-hole move but I don't see many other options. I'm all for keeping Vis and signing someone like Orpik or Commodore, but we gotta be ready for alternatives too.

King'sPawn 05-28-2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperDan (Post 14236221)
I know Visnovsky is undeniably our best end-to-end Dman. But the way I see it, you gotta give something good to get something good. And his style of play isn't particularly our number one need at this point. His resigning would make it an a-hole move but I don't see many other options. I'm all for keeping Vis and signing someone like Orpik or Commodore, but we gotta be ready for alternatives too.

After looking at the post again, it is pretty brutal. Radulov, IMO, is better than Cammalleri. Cloutier has negative value, and Visnovsky is coming off a bad year and a higher cap hit.

I do think, eventually, Visnovsky will make a trade justifiable for a younger d-man in Suter, but I don't think it will warrant both Radulov AND Suter... and until then, I think Nashville would be justifiably gun-shy to make the trade.

WhatTheFox 05-28-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperDan (Post 14236135)

Don't worry, I'm sure he was speaking from experience.

Gentle Ben Kenobi 05-28-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Classless

hans 05-28-2008 05:14 PM

The problem with this deal is that on the developmental curve, Nashville isn't all that far ahead of us. They're basically now where we should be next year - not nearly a contender, but making progress as their young players (Suter, Weber, Hamhuis, Radulov, Koistinen, even Tootoo) get better and learn to play together. They're not ready for a cup run, which is the sort of team that would highly value Cammalleri, nor are they hopeless on defense, which is who would highly value Visnovsky.

Cammalleri's value would be highest to a team that finished in the top 6 of their conference this year, and should be as good or better next year - perhaps Dallas, NYR, Montreal, etc. Visnovsky's value would be highest to a team that badly needs a top offensive defenseman and would be willing to gamble that Visnovsky can rebound and be one again - perhaps Atlanta, Florida, New Jersey, etc. Cloutier's value would be highest to a team that doesn't play in the NHL - perhaps Ak Bars, Hershey, or HV71. Unfortunately, Nashville doesn't fit any of those categories, and so I don't see them being interested.

Joe T Choker 05-28-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperDan (Post 14236135)

I'll believe that when I see it

Buddy The Elf 05-28-2008 05:34 PM

This trade proposal is horrible. The Kings get the (arguably in the case of Visnovsky/Suter) better players and the Predators end up with an older player coming off a bad season with a NTC about to go in effect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Trotz (Post 14236654)
I'll believe that when I see it

I have no problem with what you said. It doesn't offend me. But I wouldn't be calling people on their bluff when you are clearly in the wrong. I had a mentally retarded uncle. A great friend to me when I was a kid. Should I post his picture?

WhatTheFox 05-28-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sybil227 (Post 14235156)
Buffalo is heaven?

Did you miss the memo? :D

DapperDan 05-28-2008 06:21 PM

I guess I do agree with Clouts having very poor value right now. Would it work if we changed Cloutier to Zatkoff/Quick and the 3rd to the Dal 1st?