HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   JR to miss the rest of the regular season? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=52000)

swflyers8* 02-13-2004 02:47 PM

JR to miss the rest of the regular season?

JR :cry:

CNote 02-13-2004 02:53 PM

uggggghhh!! :mad:

Gags1288 02-13-2004 03:08 PM

I don't believe the report at all, I think we'll see him back in the lineup in a month or so. Does anyone remember two years ago when they said he'd miss the rest of the year with a partially torn ACL and then he returned in less than 2 weeks. He'll be back sooner than expected, he's the toughest SOB i've seen ever.

Nikkowar 02-13-2004 03:31 PM

If he was the same JR that I fell for two seasons ago,he'd come back in no time :D
We just have to be positive about that...

Boomstick 02-13-2004 03:36 PM

That's too bad for JR.
I can't believe how many facial injuries he's suffered this year.
It just seems to never end.
Get better JR

Cuiff 02-13-2004 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gags1288
I don't believe the report at all, I think we'll see him back in the lineup in a month or so. Does anyone remember two years ago when they said he'd miss the rest of the year with a partially torn ACL and then he returned in less than 2 weeks. He'll be back sooner than expected, he's the toughest SOB i've seen ever.

I AGREE!

JR#9* 02-13-2004 04:25 PM

Quote:

He missed a month with his 1st broken jaw in PHO and this one is significantly worse than that one.

I don't think there is much he can do even if he wanted to play.His jaw if not completely shattered is broken in multiple places and he has a concussion on top of things.

He's done for the Regular season is my guess and will try to come back for the playoffs.

Get better soon JR.

FlyersGuy69 02-13-2004 04:44 PM

like everyone has said, it's JR, so I do think that he will be back but all these injuries are starting to piss me off. I really think that the Flyers can do something special this year and the only thing that can ruin it are injuries.

freekin Mironov! :rant: :madfire:

Rex88 02-13-2004 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR#9
He missed a month with his 1st broken jaw in PHO and this one is significantly worse than that one.

I don't think there is much he can do even if he wanted to play.His jaw if not completely shattered is broken in multiple places and he has a concussion on top of things.

He's done for the Regular season is my guess and will try to come back for the playoffs.

Get better soon JR.

How are you comparing the injuries?
Have you seen the Xrays?
Are you an MD?
I did not see official word on the type or amount of fractues if more than one location.
Also, the Philly papers said no concussion and he was lucid very quickly and the docs there were impressed.
I do not know how long he will be out but he is one tough guy and I would bet that no way he misses the playoffs and will likely be back for a tune up in the regular season.

FlyersGuy69 02-13-2004 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex88
How are you comparing the injuries?
Have you seen the Xrays?
Are you an MD?
I did not see official word on the type or amount of fractues if more than one location.
Also, the Philly papers said no concussion and he was lucid very quickly and the docs there were impressed.
I do not know how long he will be out but he is one tough guy and I would bet that no way he misses the playoffs and will likely be back for a tune up in the regular season.

I heard on 610 today that the doctor said that his lower jaw was in three pieces. there was 2 complete breaks in his lower jaw. plus, a facial laceration that cut to the bone and needed a plastic surgeon to sew up. all in all, I would say that it is probably as bad as it get's but I still think that he will be back.

Bob Clarke Fan Club 02-13-2004 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69
I heard on 610 today that the doctor said that his lower jaw was in three pieces. there was 2 complete breaks in his lower jaw. plus, a facial laceration that cut to the bone and needed a plastic surgeon to sew up. all in all, I would say that it is probably as bad as it get's but I still think that he will be back.

Agreed...JR is a Clarke clone. Get well soon JR, hockey takes care of itself...that was the most brutal whack I've seen in a long time.

Brad* 02-13-2004 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR#9

Get better soon JR.

Why did you learn that he had a concussion?

Rex88 02-13-2004 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69

Thanks.
I agree he will be back.
I am not an Orhto or ENT but I do not believe that the fact that there were 2 seperate breaks makes it more of an issue than one complete fracture. It will be unstable no matter what if there is a complete break.

Quellet The Dogs Out 02-13-2004 05:59 PM

Whoever said that he missed a month when he was in Phoenix with that broken jaw is mislead - he only missed 3 weeks. I mean its kind of a petty thing to argue about but that is a 2 week difference (in most circumstances) between a month.

Source: ESPN aritcle - http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1734448

p.l.f. 02-13-2004 06:59 PM

i heard he's gone for the rest of the season

Gagne2433 02-13-2004 09:41 PM

First off:

- Clean fractures typically heal faster

And, my concern is not so much whether or not he comes back. Personally, I see this being a 4-6 or a 5-7 week injury. JR is not the type of guy who wants to be sitting out. He will be back in that lineup. He knows that this team is right there on the verge of a Stanley Cup run. And he wants to hold Lord Stanley's Cup.

The Major concern is this:

His weight. When they wire his jaw shut (which I assume they are doing), he will be of solid foods for weeks. He could lose a significant amount of weight (10-15 lbs). That's what I am very concerned about.

My wishes go out to him. Such a tragic thing.

Rex88 02-13-2004 10:56 PM

All the medical stuff cracks me up.
Its good to know that a bunch of docs who know this case and about fractures are involved.
You are correct about the weight/strength/conditioning aspects though. He likely will be given TPN initially prior to restarting orals.
Simple (not "clean") is the word you are looking for and just because he has two fractured areas per report means nothing to me without actually knowing location of the fractures. So much goes into how these will heal that none of us can predict anything without being involved in his case.
End of Story.
We will see when we see.

The Jerk 02-13-2004 11:17 PM

Quote:

Yeah without question Roenick is one of the toughest players in the NHL...I'd take him on my team any day of the week, no doubts, no questions asked..

Brad* 02-13-2004 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex88
All the medical stuff cracks me up.
Its good to know that a bunch of docs who know this case and about fractures are involved.
You are correct about the weight/strength/conditioning aspects though. He likely will be given TPN initially prior to restarting orals.
Simple (not "clean") is the word you are looking for and just because he has two fractured areas per report means nothing to me without actually knowing location of the fractures. So much goes into how these will heal that none of us can predict anything without being involved in his case.
End of Story.
We will see when we see.

You should change your name to Doogie Howser, M.D. Yeah, that would be cool.

DaMick 02-14-2004 12:25 AM

Quote:

He'll be back sooner than expected, he's the toughest SOB i've seen ever.

Though i hate the Flyers... i wouldnt wish this on any player much less JR...
Hes a Tough SOB ....one of my Fav NHL players

...heres to a speedy recovery :handclap:

Gert B Frobe 02-14-2004 12:27 AM

He's right - we'll see when we see - anything else is pure conjecture. (unless you're his doctor and presently looking at the x-ray/mri/ctscan etc. and something tells me that guy doesn't hang out on the Flyers HF message board...)

My guess is he'll be back 1-2 weeks earlier than the Dr.s first prognosis because he's nuts. GOD that hurt just to watch though...

Rex88 02-14-2004 07:40 AM

Well, the Philly papers got word from somone who was in the case and it is 4-6 weeks and thus the majority of the season.
Bad news.
And they also said he had a concussion, but is the least of the two problems.

ObeySteve 02-14-2004 09:33 AM

Quote:

The regular season isn't that much longer than a month at this point, and the report says may.