HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Moving soon anyone help with TV provider? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=520315)

alucard 05-29-2008 03:42 PM

Moving soon anyone help with TV provider?

I am moving to Ohio soon to start grad school, Ill be in the Akron area and was wondering if anyone knew the best way for me to still watch rangers games?
I feel like my only option is to get cable and pickup Center Ice, but they never list anywhere what the price of Center Ice is. The provider is Time Warner, can anyone who has this tell me how much it is per month or year for Center Ice?

Apparently satellite does not work too well in the area so that option is out, but there is this other program ATT Uverse but as far as I know they do not have NHL Center Ice on that yet.

If anyone can help that would be great, thanks in advance.

Cherepanisimov 05-29-2008 03:43 PM

i think it's $140 a year for center ice

Synergy27 05-31-2008 10:11 AM

I would post this on the BJs board.

Gardner McKay 05-31-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alucard (Post 14247314)
I am moving to Ohio soon to start grad school, Ill be in the Akron area and was wondering if anyone knew the best way for me to still watch rangers games?
I feel like my only option is to get cable and pickup Center Ice, but they never list anywhere what the price of Center Ice is. The provider is Time Warner, can anyone who has this tell me how much it is per month or year for Center Ice?

Apparently satellite does not work too well in the area so that option is out, but there is this other program ATT Uverse but as far as I know they do not have NHL Center Ice on that yet.

If anyone can help that would be great, thanks in advance.

I live in Atlanta and honestly the best way is Centre ice.

No other package gives you what centre ice does, granted you dont get to see any post game, but you do get every nhl game played throughout the year.

Its 129$ for the early bird special I believe and Im pretty sure they now offer it with the NHL network for an extra 5$ a month and IMO its the greatest 5$ a month i have ever spent.

By the way, theres a loophole, if you order it, 99% of the time they give you MLB extra innings free un-intentionally and then the next year you get centre ice free because they never shut it off if you pay for hockey because they dont pay attention.

I bought Centre Ice in 05-06 for 119$. I have not spent another dime since. They have yet to shut it off on me.

Edge 06-01-2008 05:54 PM

Personally, I'm based out of Nevada and even without Centerice, I catch all my Ranger games on MSG or some other network.

The NHL isn't nearly as Nazi-like as MLB with their games.