HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Munchausen, you are a traitor! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=52134)

Kerberos* 02-14-2004 12:35 AM

Munchausen, you are a traitor!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...anada_conan_dc
:lol:

Team_Spirit 02-14-2004 12:39 AM

haha , weird stuff ... and we pay the gouvernement for that .

RE-HABS 02-14-2004 12:45 AM

The Government officials moan about tax payers money being wasted because it is an American saying it, but Grapes does it for years and it takes them how long to say anything. Plus he doesn't get fired and they don't say it is a waste of money to the tax payer.

How much money is being pumped into the Toronto economy this week because of Conan and his show??? Lots, Government of Canada should worry about our own before they worry about others. At least they have an excuse (Conan and his show) they don't know us that well politcally wise, Grapes well there is no excuse there...he should and the CBC (Canadian Gov.) should just plain know better.

AlexandreTheNotSoGreat 02-14-2004 12:56 AM

People are WAY too sensitive. The puppet is called Triumph the INSULT comic dog, what do you expect?

Habber 02-14-2004 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexandreTheNotSoGreat
People are WAY too sensitive. The puppet is called Triumph the INSULT comic dog, what do you expect?

No kidding, eh?

Triumph is hilarious and he's pretty much made fun of everything and everbody over his career, so I don't know what people are getting so worked up about.

All-Star 02-14-2004 07:14 AM

Quote:

Does that mean they should rename Don Cherry to "Don Cherry the Insult comic idiot"? That way he could insult whom ever he wants. :joker:

Dutchy 02-14-2004 09:01 AM

I usually find Triumph hillarious. Not only I didn't find this sketch to be offensive to French Canadian, but I thought it of sub par quality compared to some of his other stuff. Bring me some Star Wars geeks now!!!

Oh yeah, and I find Leafs fans great........

FOR ME TO POOP ON! ;)

goalchenyuk 02-14-2004 09:45 AM

Quote:

so it 's giving him the right to say anything he wants, and to insult the french people ??? :dunno:

what a stupid comment !

mcphee 02-14-2004 09:50 AM

markov, the humor is that the dog picks on everybody. He is the butt of his own jokes. Comedians do this stuff. It's fine as long as he is billed as a comic. He's not making social observations. Call me a tete carree, just be witty about doing it.

Dutchy 02-14-2004 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark0v
so it 's giving him the right to say anything he wants, and to insult the french people ??? :dunno:

COME ON!!!

Nobody in his right mind thinks what the dog said.

"So you're french and canadian... You're both obnoxious and dull!"

What the dog said was all strereotypes and poop jokes. Is it funny? I think so. If you don't it's fine, but you don't have to be a drama queen about it. The guy goes on the air at 12h30 (that's 30 minutes past midnight), so you know no kids will be watching. If people don't like what he's saying, then they shouldn't be listening. But you gotta remember that Conan's show is getting terrific reviews and incredible numbers for that time slot.

Markov79 02-14-2004 10:51 AM

considering how often canadian comics talk about fat, ignorant, cousin loving americans we shouldn't get offended by them returning the favor. it was funny, people should learn to laugh at themselves

gunnerdom 02-14-2004 11:07 AM

Quote:

what a stupid comment !

It's called having a sense of humour and being able not to take yourself too seriously. Big freaking deal, he's a freaking puppet! and funny to boot! If you can't laugh about yourself, then your a taking yourself to seriously.

mcphee 02-14-2004 11:09 AM

I say Ban All Puppets. I remember that damn Rusty on the Friendly Giant. Ooooh he pissed me off.

RE-HABS 02-14-2004 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee
I say Ban All Puppets. I remember that damn Rusty on the Friendly Giant. Ooooh he pissed me off.

Casey and Finnaginn were a bunch of bad ***** on Mr. Dress up too! :p

mcphee 02-14-2004 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Casey and Finnaginn were a bunch of bad ***** on Mr. Dress up too! :p

You know what I hate worse than puppets, mascots. I got in some trouble at the Olympic stadium once for telling Youppie to "Get out of my f'ing way you big orange bas---." I don't need some idiot suffocating in a costume to enjoy a game and if my kids do I'll leave 'em home to watch cartoons.

Puppets,mascots, there goes my day.

Dutchy 02-14-2004 11:38 AM

Quote:

You know what I hate worse than puppets, mascots. I got in some trouble at the Olympic stadium once for telling Youppie to "Get out of my f'ing way you big orange bas---." I don't need some idiot suffocating in a costume to enjoy a game and if my kids do I'll leave 'em home to watch cartoons.

Puppets,mascots, there goes my day.

Biggest laugh I had in a while, thx! :joker:

Corey 02-14-2004 11:56 AM

According to my dictionary, cherries are fruits.

AlexandreTheNotSoGreat 02-14-2004 01:42 PM

Quote:

what a stupid comment !

Try watching the show or any of Triumph's other skits, and then make an opinion on it.

Plus I agree with whoever said they didn't find it as funny as his past skits. The Star Wars one and the American Idol one kicked ass.

VAN-HAB 02-14-2004 01:51 PM

one thing I know for sure I won't watch his stupid show!~ :shakehead

mcphee 02-14-2004 01:53 PM

Try and remember that it's good to be able to laugh at yourself. You'll live longer.

Dutchy 02-14-2004 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB

The show is good... Conan is really politicly correct and he's (IMHO) a comical genius (He used to write for SNL and The Simpsons). He's the only reason I watch on occasion.

Try it once or twice, but try not to be biased by the other skits. Some really are brutal.

Vicious 02-14-2004 02:02 PM

Conan O'Brien is late night god.. Hell, he's god.period.

Triumph's Star Wars geek insulting joke is one of my favourite. :yo:

Vicious 02-14-2004 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB

You are kidding, right?

JOHNNY V 02-14-2004 02:04 PM

Quote:

Try and remember that it's good to be able to laugh at yourself. You'll live longer.

I always get a good laugh, when I look into a two way mirror, I think I see the 1 hit wonder THEO ... :joker:

Dutchy 02-14-2004 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious
Conan O'Brien is late night god.. Hell, he's god.period.

Triumph's Star Wars geek insulting joke is one of my favourite. :yo:

Yeah... It doesn't get any better than that...

Oh and everybody there seemed to take it with good humor, and I didn't saw any politician trying to protect SW fans. Although I'm sure there are more SW geeks than French Canadians. Not trying to make a statement here, it's simple math.