HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT: Big Retirement Announcements (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=523091)

Forechecker 06-09-2008 01:01 PM

OT: Big Retirement Announcements

Yes, Hasek retired today (again), but apparently Strahan announced his retirement today, as well.

Happy Trails, Michael, you are a warrior that is in many ways the epitome of a Giant.

I Eat Crow 06-09-2008 01:06 PM

Time for a change of the guard on the Giants' D, but we'll miss you Mike.

Saw the Hasek retirement coming, but he had a hell of a career.

Happy trails to two future Hall of Famers in their respective sports!

Fletch 06-09-2008 01:17 PM

Tough time for the Jints...

to change the old guard...that one may hurt...

I had forgotten Hasek was even still playing.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 06-09-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch (Post 14354398)
to change the old guard...that one may hurt...

I had forgotten Hasek was even still playing.

The Giants can either move Tuck to end or put Kiwanuka back there.

Captain Monglobster 06-09-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 14354428)
The Giants can either move Tuck to end or put Kiwanuka back there.

Tuck seems to have adjusted to DT pretty quickly. Moving Kiwanuka from LB back to DE might make more sense.

We'll find out how good Osi really is, now that it is he that will be double teamed every game.

Forechecker 06-09-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Monglobster (Post 14355937)
Tuck seems to have adjusted to DT pretty quickly. Moving Kiwanuka from LB back to DE might make more sense.

We'll find out how good Osi really is, now that it is he that will be double teamed every game.

He was pretty damn good when Strahan either wasn't in the line-up or was in hi spre-season form the beginning of last season.

Captain Monglobster 06-09-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forechecker (Post 14355994)
He was pretty damn good when Strahan either wasn't in the line-up or was in hi spre-season form the beginning of last season.

No doubt. I don't expect a let down but now its all about him 16+ weeks a season for opposing O-lines.

danno2530 06-09-2008 09:06 PM

Strahan is one of my all-time favorite players. I will miss him. I thought there was a chance he'd come back for one more year although I don't blame him at all for leaving on a high note.

Osi and Kiwi will still give us one of the best pass-rushes in the league and even if Tuck stays at DT, he's essentially a third pass rusher.

HatTrick Swayze 06-09-2008 09:13 PM

Strahan was a true Giant, one of if not the best of all time. We'll miss ya Mike.

Nemchinov13 06-09-2008 10:16 PM

1st ballot Hall of Famer, without a doubt. Good decision by Mike, riding off into sunset with a ring on his finger. Well, let's have Kiwanuka back at the end. Can't wait to see his blazing speed off the edge.