HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Gainey speculation (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=52324)

sandman08 02-14-2004 09:01 PM

Gainey speculation

according to ron mclean,
bob gainey is looking towards either brian berrard, sean hill or even sergei gonchar to either replace or add to the defencemen..

in his words: "theyre going to have to do something with souray out for 4-6 weeks"

if this has been posted somewhere else before, you can close this thread or merge it or whatever is needed :)

VAN-HAB 02-14-2004 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandman08
according to ron mclean,
bob gainey is looking towards either brian berrard, sean hill or even sergei gonchar to either replace or add to the defencemen..

in his words: "theyre going to have to do something with souray out for 4-6 weeks"

if this has been posted somewhere else before, you can close this thread or merge it or whatever is needed :)

I just said it man....cool :yo:

VAN-HAB 02-14-2004 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandman08
according to ron mclean,

Gonchar to the HABS, I guess Gainey will pull this...got a strong feeling Gonchar will be a HAB soon.!!!!

sandman08 02-14-2004 09:04 PM

i dunno about gonch
i would LOVE to see him
but i do think gainey might go with something smaller.. a la sean hill because of his defensive presence as well

gohabsgo2010 02-14-2004 09:05 PM

I heard him say this too. I remember reading these rumors from the Gazette today, though, so Mclean is just taking it off of Pat Hickey. I assume it's just Hickey's pondering that was published. I like Berard, though. He may be a the 'Chicago Cyclops', but he's a good hockey player, one I wouldn't mind in Montreal. Contract is the big thing though, I wouldn't want him past this season.

I was just about to post a thread actually...

Will Gainey trade between now and the game vs. Atlanta on Tuesday?

Raider917 02-14-2004 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
Gonchar to the HABS, I guess Gainey will pull this...got a strong feeling Gonchar will be a HAB soon.!!!!

What will gonchar cost? Hainsey and Hossa?

sandman08 02-14-2004 09:07 PM

wasnt washington supposedly holding out for joni pitkanen for gonch and either kolzig or lang or something?
it might have been speculation more than anything but if it is hainsey and hossa, i could see them going for it

RichardZednik#20 02-14-2004 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider917

Those 2 and more IMO.

Zednik 02-14-2004 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider917

hmmm, I doubt it... how about Komisarek + Bulis ?

RichardZednik#20 02-14-2004 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zednik
hmmm, I doubt it... how about Komisarek + Bulis ?

I would not do this.

Marc the Habs Fan 02-14-2004 09:15 PM

Hill is a RD so forget that.

Berard is all offence, no defence.

Gonchar is all offence, decent defense. He'd be the only guy I would go after but the price will be HUGE.

Belarus Rocket 02-14-2004 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Hill is a RD so forget that.

Berard is all offence, no defence.

Gonchar is all offence, decent defense. He'd be the only guy I would go after but the price will be HUGE.

Huge you say...I say probably more than Bob Is willing to pay

IMO

Ron Hainsey,another Prospect and 1 or 2 round pick this year

RichardZednik#20 02-14-2004 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Future=Hossa

IMO

I say Hainsey, Hossa, Garon and 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Garon played great vs Was and there is strong possibilities that Kolzig will be traded.

HABitude 02-14-2004 09:24 PM

What do we miss the most with Souray absent?
Offense or defence?
... or a little bit of the two?

Do we really need a quality D like Gonchar, for the price asked?

What about the one from Calgary, the french one that I forgot his name...

Belarus Rocket 02-14-2004 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABitude
What do we miss the most with Souray absent?
Offense or defence?
... or a little bit of the two?

Do we really need a quality D like Gonchar, for the price asked?

What about the one from Calgary, the french one that I forgot his name...

Denis Gauthier

Marc the Habs Fan 02-14-2004 09:26 PM

Quote:

IMO

I think you are correct on the price. Young very good D prospect + another very good prospect + 1st or 2nd rounder.

But will Bob pay that price? it's tough to say..Gonchar is great but he's closing in 30(if not already there) and will be a UFA not this summer but next.

Belarus Rocket 02-14-2004 09:29 PM

Well,personnaly I would really love to see Gonchar in a Habs Uniform But Im not ready to pay the price for him.I think Gauthier would be a good choice but Is he a RD or LD??

HABitude 02-14-2004 09:40 PM

Quote:

Well,personnaly I would really love to see Gonchar in a Habs Uniform But Im not ready to pay the price for him.I think Gauthier would be a good choice but Is he a RD or LD??

I think he's LD and can come cheap, relatively cheap, never as expensive as Gonchar.

Team_Spirit 02-14-2004 09:51 PM

Phillipe Boucher could also be interesting...

Marc the Habs Fan 02-14-2004 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej

Another RD...

Guy Caballero 02-14-2004 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
I think you are correct on the price. Young very good D prospect + another very good prospect + 1st or 2nd rounder.

But will Bob pay that price? it's tough to say..Gonchar is great but he's closing in 30(if not already there) and will be a UFA not this summer but next.

Hainsey and a pick. That's all it would cost.

Let's be realistic. When was the last time a team looking to make a salary dump got even close to fair value for the player traded?

Rumour is that they wanted Colaiacovo for Gonchar. Hainsey is worth just as much.

Raider917 02-14-2004 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Hainsey and a pick. That's all it would cost.

Let's be realistic. When was the last time a team looking to make a salary dump got even close to fair value for the player traded?

Rumour is that they wanted Colaiacovo for Gonchar. Hainsey is worth just as much.

what about jason smith? trade a lot of youth for smith and smyth.

Belarus Rocket 02-14-2004 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej

Boucher Is RD and as a Pretty big contract with him

#44_delivers 02-14-2004 10:13 PM

is jason smith rd or ld? becuase he'd be the best player that would fill the void left by sourays injury.

oli500 02-14-2004 10:13 PM

I wouldent mind gonchar right now, because are special team are costing us games again :cry:

Can you imagine if we make the playoffs and we had both souray and gonchar on are power player.
Are first defensive unit
Souray,markov
Are second defensive unit
Gonchar,Brisebois
:eek:

It would allow us to move saku back to center for the power play and give us two strong power play units with Ribeiro centering one and saku the other. I think Having saku and ribeiro on the same powerplay is really hurting because we have no 2nd unit right now. Juneau,bulis, sundstrom on the power play the last few games :cry:.