HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ben Maxwell (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=523470)

canucks19 06-10-2008 08:39 PM

Ben Maxwell
 
I would really like the Canucks to aquire him and improve their depth at center.
What would you want from Vancouver at even value.

Louis Houde 06-10-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canucks19 (Post 14370371)
I would really like the Canucks to aquire him and improve their depth at center.
What would you want from Vancouver at even value.

we would ask too much for what you want... he's one of the best centre prospect we have.. we need him

YMCMBeaulieu 06-10-2008 08:45 PM

Luongo for Maxwell and Dandenault

WeThreeKings 06-10-2008 08:51 PM

Yeah, Maxwell is the most skilled center prospect in our system.. we're keeping him.

Clumsyhab 06-10-2008 08:52 PM

Maxwell is a keeper. I think he did good in last year's camp or the one before, but they said that his biggest flaw is that he was not very big. However, he is now listed at 6'1" 190 lbs, which is more than enough for a Centre. I can see him as our 2nd line Centre in 2 years.

WeThreeKings 06-10-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab (Post 14370484)
Maxwell is a keeper. I think he did good in last year's camp or the one before, but they said that his biggest flaw is that he was not very big. However, he is now listed at 6'1" 190 lbs, which is more than enough for a Centre. I can see him as our 2nd line Centre in 2 years.

Centering the Kostitsyn's I hope.

Habs4Life 06-10-2008 09:02 PM

How about Mason Raymond and Alexander Elder? :)

Joey 06-10-2008 09:17 PM

The thing that scares me about Maxwell is he hasn't even had a sniff at putting together a full season in a long time. He is really a great player with a bright future, but you could say the same about Tim Connolly

Freaky Habs Fan 06-10-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey (Post 14370687)
The thing that scares me about Maxwell is he hasn't even had a sniff at putting together a full season in a long time. He is really a great player with a bright future, but you could say the same about Tim Connolly

Same thing happened with Chipchura in his junior career, and look at him now...he's holding on pretty well in the pro. We'll see tho!

le_sean 06-10-2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 14370955)
Same thing happened with Chipchura in his junior career, and look at him now...he's holding on pretty well in the pro. We'll see tho!

Well Chipchura's injury was the achilles, which is more of a freak thing. I do hope Maxwell stays healthy, hopefully he doesn't turn into a Havlat.

snap-bar 06-10-2008 10:48 PM

trade Maxwell? NEH

Whitesnake 06-10-2008 10:55 PM

I just love dealing people but I just don't see the reason why I would do it with a guy that I'm expecting a lot of. Especially since I'm not in love with anybody particular on the 'Nucks side. Maxwell is just all alone right now as far as offensive centerman in our prospect pool. It's not like we have a ton of those.

Seems to me that we need offensive centerman in our pool. Some reports says that 'Nucks were really dissapointed in Pat White's season and even if it's just one, maybe we could try to get him for one of our d-man prospect. Obviously not now, but let's see how it progresses this season.

NativeHockey77* 06-10-2008 11:28 PM

Who would you rather have?


Ben Maxwell

or

Casey Pierro-Zabotel

:naughty:

Beakermania* 06-11-2008 01:46 AM

I don't know who Maxell is so whatever you are willing to give up for him, I'll listen....

Ben Maxwell though is not trade bait right now... we have the same problem... lack of offensive centre prospects.

Iwishihadacup 06-11-2008 07:44 AM

you probably mean Maxwell

Well... Luongo's not too high i:sarcasm: guess

WeThreeKings 06-11-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussin (Post 14371920)
Who would you rather have?


Ben Maxwell

or

Casey Pierro-Zabotel

:naughty:

Ben Maxwell.

GNick42 06-11-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canucks19 (Post 14370371)
I would really like the Canucks to aquire him and improve their depth at center.
What would you want from Vancouver at even value.

10th overall pick? Or in a three team trade for Jokinen? Going by the Miami papers sounds like the 10th pick would get Jokinen

TheTriad 06-11-2008 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GNick42 (Post 14376822)
10th overall pick? Or in a three team trade for Jokinen? Going by the Miami papers sounds like the 10th pick would get Jokinen

If a 10th overall pick can land Jokinen, the Nucks should just go ahead and make that trade...

Uwey 06-11-2008 05:09 PM

How about Maxwell & the 25th overall, for the 10th overall???

YMCMBeaulieu 06-11-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwey (Post 14379396)
How about Maxwell & the 25th overall, for the 10th overall???

Vancouver probably wants a player that can step it right now and contribute offensively for that 10th pick. That trade would not do them any good.

Uwey 06-11-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Drama (Post 14379470)
Vancouver probably wants a player that can step it right now and contribute offensively for that 10th pick. That trade would not do them any good.


True enough

GNick42 06-11-2008 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTriad (Post 14379259)
If a 10th overall pick can land Jokinen, the Nucks should just go ahead and make that trade...

Good chance Jokinen will land in Van or Calgary by the draft

Souffle 06-11-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Drama (Post 14379470)
Vancouver probably wants a player that can step it right now and contribute offensively for that 10th pick. That trade would not do them any good.

You're probably right. But this might be one of those drafts for Vancouver in which they really like a player who is projected to be a late 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder. Instead of going off the board at 10th overall, they could trade down and get a player for free.

It's hard to say whether Maxwell and the 25th would be worth it for Vancouver. It's basically the 25th overall and a 2nd round pick who's a year or two closer to maybe making the kind of impact that you hope a 2nd round pick will make. I wouldn't do it, but maybe Vancouver really likes him as a prospect.

Still, you'd think there would be a better offer out there. But to argue from the other hand once more, the 10th overall can be a bit of a hard pick to deal. It's a good pick, but not a premium pick. It's outside that surefire range. A team would have to feel that a particular player on their list was falling too far to pass up the chance to grab him at 10th overall. It would be pretty context-specific.

Anyway, all that to say that you're probably right.

GNick42 06-12-2008 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davedave (Post 14380017)
You're probably right. But this might be one of those drafts for Vancouver in which they really like a player who is projected to be a late 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder. Instead of going off the board at 10th overall, they could trade down and get a player for free.

It's hard to say whether Maxwell and the 25th would be worth it for Vancouver. It's basically the 25th overall and a 2nd round pick who's a year or two closer to maybe making the kind of impact that you hope a 2nd round pick will make. I wouldn't do it, but maybe Vancouver really likes him as a prospect.

Still, you'd think there would be a better offer out there. But to argue from the other hand once more, the 10th overall can be a bit of a hard pick to deal. It's a good pick, but not a premium pick. It's outside that surefire range. A team would have to feel that a particular player on their list was falling too far to pass up the chance to grab him at 10th overall. It would be pretty context-specific.

Anyway, all that to say that you're probably right.

McKeen's now say Pickard and Karlsson will go top 10. If that is the case look for a couple of names to be around at 10 we weren't expecting.

Dwight 06-12-2008 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussin (Post 14371920)
Who would you rather have?


Ben Maxwell

or

Casey Pierro-Zabotel

:naughty:

Ben Maxwell

But I have always been a fan of C P-Z


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.